Hacking Updating OFW

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait, i just need to update via the System Update button? What does Toggle QA do then? (its under games in Xmb)

I put the file in x/PS3/UPDATE and renamed the file to PS3UPDAT.PUP
Go to Settings > System Update, then Update via Storage Media. Then update.
Toggling QA flag on allows you to downgrade/upgrade cfw without any issues or having to format your hdd.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So wait, i just need to update via the System Update button? What does Toggle QA do then? (its under games in Xmb)

I put the file in x/PS3/UPDATE and renamed the file to PS3UPDAT.PUP
Go to Settings > System Update, then Update via Storage Media. Then update.
Toggling QA flag on allows you to downgrade/upgrade cfw without any issues or having to format your hdd.
Keep in mind that if the QA flag is already set, Toggling QA flag will disable the flag.
It's safer to use the Rebug Toolbox, which tells you if the QA flag is currently set.

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great. I Sucesfully upgraded the PS3. One problem though, my PSN account is perm banned apparently, and im unable to create a new account. (System ban) Any solutions?

Even if i can't unban or fix it, is it still possible to use NF,YT etc?

Last edited by Dotmore,

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great. I Sucesfully upgraded the PS3. One problem though, my PSN account is perm banned apparently, and im unable to create a new account. (System ban) Any solutions?

Even if i can't unban or fix it, is it still possible to use NF,YT etc?
Have you logged into it before with homebrew on?!?! Or without ps ninja and psn patch???

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose i might have in the past, before i even knew i had to mask myself.
If you logged into it with sys calls and used say multiman online then thats why you are banned :/ You can set a new CID (Console ID) but thats s temp solution.

As @Zero72463 said, you could just search for no psn netflix or youtube and use those.

Reactions: Zero72463

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you logged into it with sys calls and used say multiman online then thats why you are banned :/ You can set a new CID (Console ID) but thats s temp solution.

As @Zero72463 said, you could just search for no psn netflix or youtube and use those.

I found a site with nopsn NF and YT, but there are no instructions. There are 2 files per app. The app apk, and nopsn apk. I assume i need to install them both? (First the app, then the nopsn thing?)

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I found a site with nopsn NF and YT, but there are no instructions. There are 2 files per app. The app apk, and nopsn apk. I assume i need to install them both? (First the app, then the nopsn thing?)
If it's an .apk then it's for android. PS3 uses .pkg
You clearly downloaded the wrong one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.