Hacking Updating games

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I take it its not possible to update your games on ps4 as easy as it was on PS3, if it all. What's the deal?
Just go to the game, press option, and check for update. Simple, lol.

Unless i think there is auto updates when system is in rest mode, but people don't use rest mode cause it "uses a lot more power than it should" But is simple. :)

On ps3, it has auto updates, but i think you need playstation plus for it and also set system to remote power on and such.

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
What do you mean? Like update without updating the firmware?

Correct.

Just go to the game, press option, and check for update. Simple, lol.

Unless i think there is auto updates when system is in rest mode, but people don't use rest mode cause it "uses a lot more power than it should" But is simple. :)

On ps3, it has auto updates, but i think you need playstation plus for it and also set system to remote power on and such.

Are you sure about this? I don't have the net at home so can't check myself but remember reading it would download the update on ps4 fine but asks you to sign in to install it which would update your firmware too.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct.

Are you sure about this? I don't have the net at home so can't check myself but remember reading it would download the update on ps4 fine but asks you to sign in to install it which would update your firmware too.

Oh well in that case it's not really a question I can answer. Only Sony could answer that. My guess is they don't want hackers and so they say "If you want to play/update our new games, you must update your firmware." (Not a real quote.) They need to take some action to minimize the users with CFW (once it comes out.)

You are correct on the PS3 you didn't even need to be signed in to update, an obvious past mistake Sony made which led to many users being on CFW however on the PS3 there was minimal firmware for games (eventually it was cracked by hackers.) So all in all it's just an effort of minimizing any possible CFW users. Hopefully someday we can bypass this just like on the PS3. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf