Gaming Update NSPs - Are all necessary?

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Let's say I have a base NSP game and two updates, v1.1 and v1.2. Do I have to install both updates or is the v1.2 installation suffucient?

I'm asking because I have lots of update NSPs with version in between. It would be nice to be able to delete these in order to save space.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sure about that? I have an example:
  • Baldur's Gate v1.0.2 is 1 GB
  • Baldur's Gate v1.0.3 is 561 MB
How can the later update be smaller while v1.0.2 is not necessary? :unsure:
File order optimization. For Nintendo, you only need the latest update. It contains all required info from all previous updates.

Reactions: SpaceJump

UnT7oh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sure about that? I have an example:
  • Baldur's Gate v1.0.2 is 1 GB
  • Baldur's Gate v1.0.3 is 561 MB
How can the later update be smaller while v1.0.2 is not necessary? :unsure:

Your 1.02 update is probably a scene release. For some reason they still bloat their updates with delta fragments which have no use other than when served from Nintendo's CDN.

UnT7oh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know meaning of word delta. Any details? Why are they useless? Why are they exists in nsp if they are useless?

They are only useful when served from Nintendo's CDN on official firmware for incremental updates. Homebrew title installers do not and can not use delta fragments. They are not included with nsps anymore, only scene releases still includes them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol