K405

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all,

I bricked (still don't understand how I did it, switched off & on) my 1st release version WII
frown.gif
It's not totally dead because I get 4.0 during boot when pressing "the buttons" on the GC controller at power on.

I tried the Nintendo recovery disc but (yes it's chipped with yaosm) but no luck
frown.gif
I know I'm stupid for not installing BootMii and creating a NAND backup... I know. I know. It happend a few months back and I don't want to send it to Big N just yet, as I will get a newer version Wii back
wink.gif

Anyway I want to try to update to 4.1 but I don't know which game/image I can use to do that.

So my question is does anyone know which game comes with the 4.1 menu update? (if at all?)

Thanks for reading.

*** Turned out to be a faulty Bluetooth module, so a hardware error
frown.gif
yes, Nintendo products can have hardware issues as well..
mad.gif
where is this world coming too
wink2.gif

Now I can install BootMii in boot2 , Yippie
yay.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No game has the 4.1 update and probably won't for a few months at the very least. The highest system menu update any disc at the moment has is 3.4.

I don't know what that flag is from, but I'm guessing it means you have a PAL system and not NTSC. In the offchance you DO have an NTSC system and you can autoboot into a game, you could try autobooting brawl and using smashstack to run wad manager or something to install IOS60 and the 4.1 system menu wad or even run the hackmii installer itself to install bootmii to boot2 now and at least make a NAND backup at this point so it can't really get any worse at the very least.

Smashstack is only for NTSC systems for the time being though, but you'd probably have to wait less time for a PAL version of that than you would for a game with the 4.1 update.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
K405 said:
Hi all,

I bricked (still don't understand how I did it, switched off & on) my 1st release version WII
frown.gif
It's not totally dead because I get 4.0 during boot when pressing "the buttons" on the GC controller at power on.

I tried the Nintendo recovery disc but (yes it's chipped with yaosm) but no luck
frown.gif
I know I'm stupid for not installing BootMii and creating a NAND backup... I know. I know. It happend a few months back and I don't want to send it to Big N just yet, as I will get a newer version Wii back
wink.gif

Anyway I want to try to update to 4.1 but I don't know which game/image I can use to do that.

So my question is does anyone know which game comes with the 4.1 menu update? (if at all?)

Thanks for reading.
good one.
if you dont have the trucha bug might as well call nintendo.
1-800-255-3700

and it doesnt matter they wont give you a new Wii anyways and every type of wii hackable so the model isnt even a problem.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sounds like a banner brick. Did you install a channel right before the brick happened?

Get yourself a NTSC copy of SSBB, patch it to autoboot and use smashstack with it. Then run wadmanager or any title deleter and uninstall whatever is causing this.
Maybe install bootmii before doing this, though...

zantzue

Trophies
XP
Country
K405 said:
Hi all,

frown.gif

frown.gif
wink.gif

Thanks for reading.
Try this disc http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IHOREMRO -it works on PAL and NTSC Wiis-. What you need is a chip, a Gamecube controller, Homebrew Channel already installed on your Wii, Waninkoko's IOS249 already installed -any version- and trucha bug on IOS60. Use the disc with the savemiifrii method. If it works, it will automatically launch The Homebrew Channel. Once there, use the apps to undo whatever caused the brick. If you're not sure try to use Wad Manager to reinstall IOS60 and your region system menu -4.0E/4.0U whatever it is-. Download them with NUS Downloader. If it is a banner brick, just use Any Title Deleter or Wad Manager to delete the wad you installed last time. Good luck!

K405

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nabster92 said:
No game has the 4.1 update and probably won't for a few months at the very least. The highest system menu update any disc at the moment has is 3.4.

I don't know what that flag is from, but I'm guessing it means you have a PAL system and not NTSC. In the offchance you DO have an NTSC system and you can autoboot into a game, you could try autobooting brawl and using smashstack to run wad manager or something to install IOS60 and the 4.1 system menu wad or even run the hackmii installer itself to install bootmii to boot2 now and at least make a NAND backup at this point so it can't really get any worse at the very least.

Smashstack is only for NTSC systems for the time being though, but you'd probably have to wait less time for a PAL version of that than you would for a game with the 4.1 update.

Yes, I have a PAL Wii, I'm from the Netherlands, Europe. It's a low level brick I just get a black screen, none of my games boot, maybe it's a hardware failure? Although I find that very unlikely, Nintendo isn't Microsoft
wink.gif

Hmmm.. dunno what I will do maybe I'll just let it sit in the closet and I will hopefully forget about it and by the time I stumble upon the thing there's a game with 4.1
smile.gif

Thanks for your time.

K405

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Slowking said:
Sounds like a banner brick. Did you install a channel right before the brick happened?

Get yourself a NTSC copy of SSBB, patch it to autoboot and use smashstack with it. Then run wadmanager or any title deleter and uninstall whatever is causing this.

Bannerbrick would give me this right?

banner_bricked.jpg

I just get a black screen, the ODD does make some noise when inserting a disc.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:

I agree with this, sounds like a banner brick to me sense it boots into recovery mode use the program bootme on the brawl ISO DVD9 version and see it will autoboot, even though you'll need the NTSC version his modchip should support region free yes??

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
K405 said:
Slowking said:

Bannerbrick would give me this right?

banner_bricked.jpg

I just get a black screen, the ODD does make some noise when inserting a disc.
no banner brick will crash your wii after you press A to get past the health and safety screen
since you have a modchip installed, use savemiifrii to run super smash bros brawl or burn an autobooting version of it and use smashstack to install the system menu wad

K405

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
zantzue said:
Try this disc http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IHOREMRO -it works on PAL and NTSC Wiis-. What you need is a chip, a Gamecube controller, Homebrew Channel already installed on your Wii, Waninkoko's IOS249 already installed -any version- and trucha bug on IOS60. Use the disc with the savemiifrii method. If it works, it will automatically launch The Homebrew Channel. Once there, use the apps to undo whatever caused the brick. If you're not sure try to use Wad Manager to reinstall IOS60 and your region system menu -4.0E/4.0U whatever it is-. Download them with NUS Downloader. If it is a banner brick, just use Any Title Deleter or Wad Manager to delete the wad you installed last time. Good luck!

Dunno if I meet all the requirements but I will give it a try. Thanks!

K405

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Slowking said:

No, I'm pretty sure I didn't install a channel.. but I will give your suggestion a try anyway.
smile.gif

K405

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xzxero said:
no banner brick will crash your wii after you press A to get past the health and safety screen
since you have a modchip installed, use savemiifrii to run super smash bros brawl or burn an autobooting version of it and use smashstack to install the system menu wad

Ok, cool, thanks!!

02:13 AM on this side of the planet, good night all, and thanks again.

LordX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:

autoboot will not work with SSBB NTSC , game will boot and give you error . autoboot is blocked there !
hate2.gif

example, original DVD9 SSBB NTSC MD5 is : d18726e6dfdc8bdbdad540b561051087 = works fine
AutoBoot DVD9 SSBB NTSC MD5 is : 331b96703661121736cfc9c4d41d16b1 = will autoboot but give a error "please insert the Super Smash Bros Brawl Game disc"

if to use DVD9 SSBB NTSC d18726e6dfdc8bdbdad540b561051087 + Autoboot modchip it will give same error !
so looks like game test it self or something... and not like autoboot at all ( not ISO patchers and not on fly autoboot patch modchips ).

yin666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is there anyway to run brawl on a banner bricked wii? I've waited for the smash stack hack to unbrick my wii, but now I'm reading that you can't autoboot this game, and seems it's the only one that doesn't autoboot, I feel really disapointed.... hopes someone gets this running

K405

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Turns out my Bluetoothmodule is busted!

I finally had some time to take the broken Wii apart completely and swap the bluetoothmodule from a working Wii and.... TADA! it booted ok
biggrin.gif

So I ordered a new bluetoothmodule from Ebay.

So if you have a black screen at power on, I mean no menu nothing, just black (after doing nothing out of the ordinary), try swapping the bluetooth module and/or the WiFi module, it's very easy to do, just be gentle with the mini connectors!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No those are just incoming calls +1