[UPDATE 2] Calling all Tempers: Help Chary and Family!

Capture.JPG

Today we have setup a GoFundMe page for our beloved reporter @Chary.

Krista and her family have lost their entire home and all worldly possessions in the floods caused by Hurricane Harvey.

Please help us to help them by donating on the following page, any amount will help!

:arrow:Donate on GoFundMe
:arrow:Donate via Paypal to [email protected] and we'll match it on GoFundMe

:arrow:Houston Red Cross

[-UPDATE 2-]
Chary and her family have now received the cash from the fundraiser in full. Thanks again to everyone who donated and helped out!

[-UPDATE-]

After 2 weeks 82 donations have helped to raise £2022 (roughly $2670) to help Chary and her family to rebuild their lives.

A massive thanks to all of the following tempers who donated, and those of you who wished to remain anonymous:

@CreeperdivoHomebrewer
@BlackWizzard17
@Montgomery Von Goochums
@Becky McAndrew
[USER=31]@shaunj66

@thomas Hugh
@DinohScene
@Yudowat
@Disse
@Foxi4
@linuxares
@Bubsy Bobcat
@Depravo
@bjaxx87
@Mário Liberato
@RayD97 Dean
@eric Cobb
@Shadowfied
@sandra Hughes
@Majin Cubyan
[USER=290925]@frogboy

@nEx Y
@exangel
@Rebekah Davenport
@XxShalevElimelechxX
@mohammed Al Rashedi
@SuzieJoe Bob
@andre Trek
@lilaznkilla
@Aneki S
@Bu2d85
@Munchlax Brunchlax
[USER=30028]@Julio
Lizardo
@Eris
@Catsinabucket
@sarkwalvein
@drazenm
@xfxmrl
@Lia
@GamerzHell9137
@x65943
@Elrinth
@BowlOfSpiders
@jerbear64
@cearp
@VinsCool
@Minox
@Roify
@Apathetic_Discord
@Deathwing Zero
@Dennis L
@GearCross
@Joshua F
@draxoon
@Issac
@B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N
@Yu Lu
@Gallito
@misterion
@8BitWonder
@deakphreak
@Armadillo
@matpower
@H.F.H Peeters
@Taleweaver
@p1ngpong
@anon nano
@Alephas Enum
@DarkFlare69
@Todderbert
@HaloEliteLegend
@nastydsi
@ian Mc
[USER=317601]@mbcrazed

@elias Jackson
@6 x anonymous

Also a massive thanks to everyone who has streamed to help this fund.

You are what makes GBAtemp such an amazing community to be a part of!

Now, as for GoFundMe, they have still not released the funds to Chary, despite saying they would, over 10 days ago. The excuse is their engineers need time to convert the raised amount to dollars, and their payment processing team are trying their best to get it done. To me this sounds absurd, but here we are, 14 days since the fund started, waiting for the cash to be paid out in this emergency situation.[/USER][/USER][/USER][/USER]

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Gosh, guys, I woke up feeling kinda miffed about sleeping so roughly, and now I'm near bawling. No, scratch that, I'm full out sobbing. Not out of sadness, but just overwhelmed by all this.

I can't even begin to find words for this. It's so humbling, and shocking, and I'm just so thankful, and happy that you guys would do this. I feel bad, at the same time, to have people donating... but when I realize all that's happened, I...might actually need that kinda help.

This site, and it's community have been something I've been apart of, and treasured for nearly five years. I've made so many friends from GBAtemp, the site lifted me up when I was down as a teenager, and the kind people on this site have always been so caring. And of course, I always have fun posting news and reviews and such, hahaha! Something like this is just amazing, and I thank you all, from the bottom of my heart.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I will see if I can scrape up a few dollars. If I can't, then I will my best to foward this page to everyone
I will still foward this even if I can send some money

Naendow

Brick-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sadly, I don't have a credit card (not that much needed as in the US). Is there any other way to spend something?

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If anyone wants to donate via Paypal I will happily accept your donation - send it to [email protected] and I will match your donation on the Gofundme page who don't accept Paypal.

Be sure to mention your username so I can credit you on the Gofundme page unless you want to remain anonymous

Last edited by shaunj66,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i would say to cancel the gbatemp bounty, due to this circumstances and redirect the money prizes to chary...
but this is really unfair for those who want to enter the competition, and gbatemp already made the compromise... and would be really bad for the people..
maybe instead of 5 prizes, just have 3? and reduce the second and third prize value? instead of 100 dollars amazon card, make it 50...
i think she deserves it, she did a good job when the attend to that conference thing (i think e3?) she had been streaming in twitch, i do see her a lot doing "reporter" stuff

maybe create a thread and ask the people who enter the bounty if they agree with smaller and fewer second and later prizes. and put it in the @Chary jar(d)

Last edited by migles,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol