Unusual DS flashcart clones on AliExpress

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surely there can’t be enough people still buying flashcarts where it’s worth all this time and effort to keep creating new skins (that’s essentially what these are doing right ?)

Reactions: DinohScene

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Surely there can’t be enough people still buying flashcarts where it’s worth all this time and effort to keep creating new skins (that’s essentially what these are doing right ?)
There are a lot of markets in which these things are likely the only financially sensible way to play games, and the DS sold a shitload of units.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a lot of markets in which these things are likely the only financially sensible way to play games, and the DS sold a shitload of units.
That’s fair, I sometimes forget in some countries modern game systems are hella expensive and hard to get still compared to a lot of other places

I see some people spending their life savings on PCs and it’s usually double or more than it would have cost in USD

DobaMuffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks to be the exact same as my dstt gold.

Attachments

• 20230918_165922.jpg
    20230918_165922.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest, there are some dsone clones, but the majority seem to be dstt(i) and ace3ds+ clones on AliExpress.
The DSONE clones are legitimately DSONE clones, they tend to incorrectly label them as DSONE(i) for some reason. But most of the majority of DS flashcart clones on Ali are DSTT(i) and Ace3DS+ clones like you just said.

DaFixer

Dare to be stupid
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I was looking for information about TTDS Gold, then I saw this topic 😁
My question is, those TTDS Gold have a 4in1 kernal. But how to you switch from kernal? Because on the Aliexpress page you see a picture off a select screen.
Is this true or fake?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-15-10-56-55-402_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-15-10-56-55-402_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd-edit.jpg
    557.3 KB · Views: 19

SylverReZ

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What markets are they? Don't reckon that's Europe/US/CA, but possibly Latin and South America, perhaps?

I have a DS Lite with a flashcart and haven't used it in years though to be fair I prefer older games and the whole dual screen gimmick has kind of made me want to avoid it (feel somewhat the same towards the 3DS). Dual screens aside, the DS and 3DS have great games, obviously.

Moreover, if there's folks here interested in unreleased stuff, checkout Hidden Palace and Archive pages for prototypes and demos. I really enjoy checking that stuff out.

• Love

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
What markets are they? Don't reckon that's Europe/US/CA, but possibly Latin and South America, perhaps?
I'm thinking more like places that are relatively impoverished where buying current/modern hardware isn't realistic for most people. I would say there are some places in the Americas that likely qualify, but I can't speak for who/where exactly is affected by these conditions.

In any case, I know there are places where the economic conditions make something like an old, used DS and a way to play every game released for it one of the easiest ways to enjoy gaming. There are some Asian markets where pirated games are sold as the primary means to play video games because games either aren't imported or are prohibitively expensive on the market when compared to their legitimate counterparts.

Here's an example of one of those markets I've seen.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking more like places that are relatively impoverished where buying current/modern hardware isn't realistic for most people. I would say there are some places in the Americas that likely qualify, but I can't speak for who/where exactly is affected by these conditions.

In any case, I know there are places where the economic conditions make something like an old, used DS and a way to play every game released for it one of the easiest ways to enjoy gaming. There are some Asian markets where pirated games are sold as the primary means to play video games because games either aren't imported or are prohibitively expensive on the market when compared to their legitimate counterparts.

Here's an example of one of those markets I've seen.

Whoa, those stores are really dang cool. I'd probably spend quite a bit if I visited them. haha

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

DobaMuffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And if you do get one with psram issues, it's more than likely the psram was poorly soldered and reflowing it properly will fix the cart (worked with my sample size of 2)

SylverReZ

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And if you do get one with psram issues, it's more than likely the psram was poorly soldered and reflowing it properly will fix the cart (worked with my sample size of 2)
Yeah, the DSONE mostly boils down to PSRAM issues where it has a lot of problems relating to the solder balls under the PSRAM chip, similar to the Xbox 360's CPU. And despite it being on an extremely thin PCB, it explains alot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: You infidel.