OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
bwmEC9P.jpg
Left: no subsurface scattering, Middle: realistic settings, Right: exaggerated settings
Today, Epic Games released a preview of what their next update, Unreal Engine 4.5, and it is definitely a doozy. With over 40 new features and improvements, the new Unreal Engine update is continuing it's advancement with rendering textures and models.

The upcoming 4.5 release includes eagerly-awaited features such as animation retargeting, automatic C++ hot reload, light map UV generation and streaming video textures. New real-time ray traced soft shadows allow for beautifully lit dynamic scenes, and screen-space subsurface scattering enables very realistic skin materials. Finally, creating user interfaces has never been easier now that Unreal Motion Graphics is ready to use!

This release also contains a huge number of usability and learning enhancements, an all new tutorial system, and new game templates for Advanced Vehicles and Twin Stick Shooters.

This is...well, definitely interesting news to say the least. It's great to see what the Unreal Engine is really capable of. For more updates, you can check out the Unreal Engine blog in the source below

:arrow:Source

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear to God the "fanbase" is ruining the good name of PC gaming, with noobs screaming LOL PC MASTER RACE everywhere. I don't enjoy this kind of news anymore because to them, who turned my passion to a fucking joke. Just get laid or something. It's not that difficult.

The one on the right looks like when my glasses are dirty. The one in the center is the best imo.

Öhr

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
now all thats missing is an actual good game featuring that engine... pretty graphics are meaningless, if thats all thats in the package >_>

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The subsurface scattering is kinda meh ....the rest is kinda interesting, but there's nothing groundbreaking... changes are getting more subtle with each new release...

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
While it's important to have good graphics developers should focus more on the gameplay of their games and the story too (*cough* Destiny *cough*).

PlayStation won me (while still being a Nintendo gamer at heart) over for their awesome Naughty Dog exclusives so I'm not really wowed by this.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I don't see any difference between the first two pictures; and I don't get the point of the third one? I mean it looks blurry. Is that the point?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting.
I felt like fiddling a bit, mainly as I could not see some of the differences too clearly but also just to fiddle
unrealfiddle.jpg

Forgot to say what was what
Original left image, subtracted between middle and left, original middle, original right, subtracted between original right and left, original right under grain merge with original left and slight transparency.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...