Hacking Unmodding Wii, help

KamikazeEsp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I would like to unmod my Wii. I'm going to sell it and I would like the buyer getting a unmodded one :)
I guess my Wii is in 4.2 and was softmodded with BannerBomb (I suppose it may helps [emoji5]).
Also would like to backup my savedata from my games before selling it. How could I do it?

Thx 4 all, u r awesome

Sent from my SM-G930F by Tapatalk

vladik4kides

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To backup your savedata, go to the settings menu and copy all of the saves to sdcard. Then insert it in pc and copy all files from "private" folder to your pc. And to unmod your wii, you just have to format it and then perform an update.

KamikazeEsp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
To backup your savedata, go to the settings menu and copy all of the saves to sdcard. Then insert it in pc and copy all files from "private" folder to your pc. And to unmod your wii, you just have to format it and then perform an update.
For getting a backup, I tried that, but some games like Mario Kart Wii, it does not let me backup its savedata.
And I have read that formatting the Wii for unmodding can brick the console... :/
Any help?

vladik4kides

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For getting a backup, I tried that, but some games like Mario Kart Wii, it does not let me backup its savedata.
And I have read that formatting the Wii for unmodding can brick the console... :/
Any help?

For backuping, first install Priiloader and enable move/copy option for saves, and then move all your saves to the sdcard.
Also, formatting MAY brick your console, but in most cases it won't (I've already unmodded 3 Wiis in that way, and they are still working fine).

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Any help?

Formatting won't brick, but it also won't unmod the console, it'll only delete save data.
You can use Savegame Manager GX instead to backup saves, or if you have Priiloader enable the "Disable nocopy protection" (or something like that) hack.
Savegame Manager GX has a batch backup function which is very useful when you want to back up all your saves for whatever reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: