Unicorn Overlord Save Editing

Dobonknar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would anyone please be able to post a save with a generic like level 5 Dreadnought or Possessed Dreadnought? I want to do an all-Amalia run and when I try to import multiples onto generic units the game crashes after any battle using one of those units. I figured maybe it was because I was using the code for the “real” Amalia on generic units, as opposed to changing a generic unit into a “generic” Amalia in HexEdit. I tried figuring out HexEdit but am too smoothbrained, can someone help make my muscle milf army dream come true?

Edit: Somehow, units that are “Inserted” with a “real” Amalia file don’t crash the game after battles, but “Imported” units from the same “real” Amalia file crash it after a battle within a story chapter (overworld battles and colisseum are fine)…WTF?

Last edited by Dobonknar,

Pj1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It did not change her level. She's still 40. Which is wildly annoying. I wanna figure out how to drop the level
Post automatically merged:

Is there a way to drop their level? For example, Dropping Amalia's level from 40? Save editor changes to exp doesn't do it.
Did you try gaining xp to see if level changes and also have you tried changing level as well as xp

Dobonknar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try gaining xp to see if level changes and also have you tried changing level as well as xp
Changing the exp within the save editor doesn’t seem to work, it just causes the post-battle exp counter for the unit to count down instead of up, and the character’s actual level doesn’t seem to change.

For example let’s say I set a level 40 Amalia’s exp to 500exp in the save editor (instead of the ~390k or whatever it is at level 40), after a unit battle when it shows the characters posing and receiving their exp, the counter will just go downward from ~390k until it reaches 0, and the character will stay level 40.

Pj1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Changing the exp within the save editor doesn’t seem to work, it just causes the post-battle exp counter for the unit to count down instead of up, and the character’s actual level doesn’t seem to change.

For example let’s say I set a level 40 Amalia’s exp to 500exp in the save editor (instead of the ~390k or whatever it is at level 40), after a unit battle when it shows the characters posing and receiving their exp, the counter will just go downward from ~390k until it reaches 0, and the character will stay level 40.
After exp is level in character section you could change the level using a hex editor. You could use the save editor to export the character mod what's exported and import back. 40 in hex is 28

Reactions: Dobonknar

Dobonknar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That (appears to) have worked! Lv5 Amalia (possessed) and lv 5 Alcina for any who want it. Just Import or Insert via save editor.

Edit: the units don’t seem to gain EXP normally after battle, I’m guessing it might be because I set the exp to 500 in save editor before trying to directly edit the level to 5 in hex. It looks like whatever the reason is, giving the unit a miracle fruit solves the problem and makes the exp counter work normally.

Attachments

• 5Amalia and 5Alcina.7z
    312 bytes · Views: 13
Reactions: taliamother

Edric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to lower the lvl.of units from the character dumps?
Post automatically merged:

Is it possible to lower the unit lvl from the character dumps?

Last edited by Edric,

Ghostlander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That (appears to) have worked! Lv5 Amalia (possessed) and lv 5 Alcina for any who want it. Just Import or Insert via save editor.

Edit: the units don’t seem to gain EXP normally after battle, I’m guessing it might be because I set the exp to 500 in save editor before trying to directly edit the level to 5 in hex. It looks like whatever the reason is, giving the unit a miracle fruit solves the problem and makes the exp counter work normally.

So is there a weird difference in the possessed Amalia instead of normal? Can I not get Rapport with her? Or treat her as a normal unit? If not, would it be possible that you could post a normal Amalia at a similar level or like level 15?

Pj1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So is there a weird difference in the possessed Amalia instead of normal? Can I not get Rapport with her? Or treat her as a normal unit? If not, would it be possible that you could post a normal Amalia at a similar level or like level 15?
You could use save editor to change her class. Also I don't know if it matters if she is inserted or imported. When I was adding characters for someone I was Importing and replacing a hired character. You can change characters level easily open the character dump in hex editor like hxd. Characters level is on 4th line after xp and before health.

Ghostlander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also, her exp gains are messed up real bad. The bar doesn't increase and then it says "to next level 500" right, and then I get 524 exp for example, and then it shows that she has 476 left to go still, like she only gained a fraction of that.

Pj1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also, her exp gains are messed up real bad. The bar doesn't increase and then it says "to next level 500" right, and then I get 524 exp for example, and then it shows that she has 476 left to go still, like she only gained a fraction of that.
They modded both level and exp but exp is lower than would have got you to level 5 you will keep getting exp error til you have accumulated the right amount to get you to current level. so you could try increasing xp with a item or use save editor to increase exp. If you have characters in your party at level 5 look at their amount

Ghostlander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They modded both level and exp but exp is lower than would have got you to level 5 you will keep getting exp error til you have accumulated the right amount to get you to current level. so you could try increasing xp with a item or use save editor to increase exp. If you have characters in your party at level 5 look at their amount
That did indeed work. She just very powerful for her level lol but thats alright ill up the difficulty.

Illwyhnn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Save editor works with switch and ps4 saves. For ps4 you either need jb ps4 or save wizard to get the decrypted save.
Cool cool, for switch how would I use a save editor? Im very unfamiliar with the process I'm sorry.

The file with the lvl5 Amalia and lvl5 alcina, would I just drop it right in or is there other things I would need to do once I actually get the editor working?

Pj1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cool cool, for switch how would I use a save editor? Im very unfamiliar with the process I'm sorry.

The file with the lvl5 Amalia and lvl5 alcina, would I just drop it right in or is there other things I would need to do once I actually get the editor working?
You load your save with the editor go to the character section of editor and there options to import or insert a character.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, forgot the Saturn had cartridge compatibility