Ludvigsson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just bought a brand new micro SD and now win xp wont let me format it. it just says : "The disk in drive H cannot be formatted". I´m using the SD-adapter that came with the card. Dont have a cardreader, could this affect it?

Thankful for any help!

Markus

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you check to make sure the write protect switch on the adapter isn't set to 'On'?
smile.gif

Ludvigsson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I´m guessing by that you mean the thing mentioned as "lock"? In that case I´ve made sure its not on "lock", although I have tried both of it.

edit: I´ve checked it again, its definately not write-protected

neojei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small change Windows is being stupid, and something is corrupted in the registry, lol, it's happened to me once where I just reformated the comp, and it worked, but it was for a floppy disc when I did this. I'd say its your card maybe. Try formating it on a differenct computer.

Ludvigsson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That cardreader was built-in on my laptop, maybe that caused the problems. Anyway I know used my other computer and connected the micro-sd through my PDA, and it worked. Not the best way but what do you do
smile.gif

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It really depends on how finicky the card reader is. I know the SD card reader on my dell laptop don't like certain cheapie SD cards but it always works with the more typical stuff like sandisk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: