Hacking UMDGen problem

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's it? none of those files are required for it to run. You can try Profile>Start Profile>Hit ok and see what happens. It'll log the stuff that happens while it tries to run although in the end UMDGen will pop up a window saying your running a debugger and you need to cut it out. However since you can't even run it you might find a error or something listed in the log.
Out of curiosity is the program meant to freeze up while doing the profile test?

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity is the program meant to freeze up while doing the profile test?
It shouldn't freeze or at least it didn't for me. I have no idea why it would.

You have the files needed to run it yet the program closes even when you attach a debugger.. *shrugs* I dunno what else to say. This whole issue sounds like something a antivirus program would do.

Just Another Gamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It shouldn't freeze or at least it didn't for me. I have no idea why it would.

You have the files needed to run it yet the program closes even when you attach a debugger.. *shrugs* I dunno what else to say. This whole issue sounds like something a antivirus program would do.
Well I tried disabling the anti virus but that didn't make a difference at all. Its very weird.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah none of that would mess with the app either :( welp I'm out of ideas but in the mean time there are alternatives to UMDGen. In fact I'd highly recommend ISO Tool which is an app specifically made for the PSP. You can find the last version here http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9644

It lets you browse the ISO, extract files, decrypt files, patch files, shrink isos etc. etc. etc. in fact it does everything UMDGen does but way more.

Just Another Gamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah none of that would mess with the app either :( welp I'm out of ideas but in the mean time there are alternatives to UMDGen. In fact I'd highly recommend ISO Tool which is an app specifically made for the PSP. You can find the last version here http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9644

It lets you browse the ISO, extract files, decrypt files, patch files, shrink isos etc. etc. etc. in fact it does everything UMDGen does but way more.
Yea i'm out of ideas as well. I have been using ISO Tool and it is great but I would also like something on PC just because I usually do all the compressing and stuff on PC before moving it to my PSP but I guess I have to live with UMDGen not working.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
time for a pro to chime-in.

first, you dont say if it dies when you run it, or when you >use< it.
UMDgen 4.0 has a bug that makes it crash if you save an iso with a very large number of files.

other than that, it uses a lot of 32bit DLL's - is your o.s. a 64bit one?
kernel32.dll
user32.dll
gdi32.dll
comdlg32.dll
winspool.drv
advapi32.dll
shell32.dll
comctl32.dll
shlwapi.dll
oledlg.dll
ole32.dll
oleaut32.dll
winmm.dll
oleaut32.dll

now having said that,
i use UMDgen every day, and i dont even use Windows.
i run it on Linux with the WINE shell.
UMDgen is very compatable so unless your missing one or more of the above library's i cant see what's wrong.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
btw, dont compress or decompress with UMDgen - there is another bug there.
only save uncompressed.

do all compress-uncompress functions with Yacc - and dont compress higher than level1

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
wqsg is weak compared to umdgen,
umdgen is far more powerfull than most people know.
you can save the fat table, manually edit it, then load it back again for example.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would have suggested wqsg but the problem is it only lets you extract files and replace them but thats it so it lacks a lot of features. You can use another program to compress called PSP Iso Compressor but again UMDGen removes all of useless files like updates and stuff so it saves even more space.

Unless there's another program out there UMDGen is the best.

BUT WAIT A TICK! have you tried using the older versions? http://filetrip.net/psp-downloads/tools-utilities/download-umdgen-350-f6754.html thats 3.5 and you can find all of the older ones on there too. Try those out and see if they all fail.

sliver123

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wqsg is weak compared to umdgen,
umdgen is far more powerfull than most people know.
you can save the fat table, manually edit it, then load it back again for example.

i know, my umdgen 4 always work,but its an solution for gamer maybe because the umdgen of him does not work

Just Another Gamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I would have suggested wqsg but the problem is it only lets you extract files and replace them but thats it so it lacks a lot of features. You can use another program to compress called PSP Iso Compressor but again UMDGen removes all of useless files like updates and stuff so it saves even more space.

Unless there's another program out there UMDGen is the best.

BUT WAIT A TICK! have you tried using the older versions? http://filetrip.net/psp-downloads/tools-utilities/download-umdgen-350-f6754.html thats 3.5 and you can find all of the older ones on there too. Try those out and see if they all fail.
I have tried all the older versions and it hasn't worked for me either.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=681861

Uninstall SP1?

Or try -

---------------
1. Open your Start menu and click Control Panel
2. Browse to "System Maintenance" then "System"
3. In the left panel, select "Advanced System Settings" from the available links
4. You should now see the System Properties Window, which will have three sections. The top section is labeled "Performance" and has a "Settings" button. Click this button.
5. Select the "Data Execution Prevention" tab.
6. Select the option which reads "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select"
7. Use the "Browse" button to locate the executable file for the application you were trying to start when you received the StackHash error, and click Open to add it to your exceptions list.
8. Click Apply or OK to commit your changes.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
still waiting to hear if it's 32bit or 64bit,
and if all the files i listed are present in the system/system32 folder

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
i see from the profile that the guy likes watching echi imouto anime - maybe that's the problem! :rofl2:

instead, i recomend:
Canaan
Guilty Crown
ShinSekai Yori
among others. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to...