Hardware Ultimately, how powerful is the Switch GPU?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if anyone is interested.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=nvidia-tegra-x1&num=2

From what I can tell, the X1 is nearly as strong as a 5th gen i3 which actually is no slouch. I don't know what it does for graphics, as far as I've seen its not great, but consoles are optimized far greater than PC games and thus it does not matter as much. Point being, they can actually do decent things with this console and it's handheld.
Thats a nuc chip, not comparable to the desktop chips.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The console peasants are completely and totally inferior to PC which is why they develop a superiority complex.
See, we pc master race don't go around shitting on everything else because we have nothing to prove.

PC is like having a goddess at home.
I love my switch, it's my little buddy, my toadie, my sidekick.
Whereas PS4 and Xbone are like the phat ass hoes that me and my buddy go see at friends houses for a booty call.

Console peasants have no other choice but to pick on the Switch. Even though their arguments are irrelevant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superiority_complex

Reactions: Alkéryn

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The console peasants are completely and totally inferior to PC which is why they develop a superiority complex.
See, we pc master race don't go around shitting on everything else because we have nothing to prove.

Whereas PS4 and Xbone are like the phat ass hoes that me and my buddy go see at friends houses for a booty call.

Console peasants have no other choice but to pick on the Switch. Even though their arguments are irrelevant.

And I have both consoles and PCs, thus invalidating the PC superiority complex, which doesn't solve anything either. The whole PC master race thing is all stupid anyway.

omegasoul6

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, as much as I love my build and I wouldn't ever dream of getting rid of it, I don't give a crap if someone wants to play their games on a PS4, Xbox One, or Switch. We all enjoy the same hobby, attacking others for enjoying their games on a different platform is silly.

Reactions: NekoMichi

ikral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Not sure if you're 12, joking or just dumb.
It's basically a downclocked SHIELD Android TV running games at 720p - 1080p.
https://gfxbench.com/device.jsp?ben...R) X1&did=26084812&D=NVIDIA Shield Android TV

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And I have both consoles and PCs, thus invalidating the PC superiority complex, which doesn't solve anything either. The whole PC master race thing is all stupid anyway.
Only a person who cannot play in 4k ultra high settings and doesn't use their pc as a media center would say a thing like that. Also, you misquoted me.

I can sit on my couch and play my PC games in all their glory with a wireless Xbone controller and headset yet easily switch over to mouse and keyboard for accuracy, my last console was an xbox 360. I prefer gaming with mature people not prepubescent kiddies that can't afford a real gaming rig.

It's the whole experience with PC, not just better graphics, that you cannot get with a peasant console.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only a person who cannot play in 4k ultra high settings and doesn't use their pc as a media center would say a thing like that. Also, you misquoted me.

I can sit on my couch and play my PC games in all their glory with a wireless Xbone controller and headset yet easily switch over to mouse and keyboard for accuracy, my last console was an xbox 360. I prefer gaming with mature people not prepubescent kiddies that can't afford a real gaming rig.

It's the whole experience with PC, not just better graphics, that you cannot get with a peasant console.

Whatever you say. *shrug* :rolleyes: I play both console and PC games, I don't give a rat's arse on PC superiority, I play games that are fun, not games that are eye candy only. PC's don't have Nintendo exclusives, so yeah, too bad though.

PC vs consoles is just a pissing contest.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just contradicted yourself...

This is your opinion based on your usage habits, it has no merit on how other people will use it.
I purchased it as a full time portable that I could sometimes play on my giant TV (console mode).
Check it again:
The Switch has been defined as a home console, but I think you could call it a console-handheld hybrid too. Can you tell us why you chose to only call it a home console?

Takahashi: Because I want it to be a home console at heart. It’s a home console that you can play on the go. I believe that it will be primarily plugged into your TV.
It's being marketed as a home console that you can play on the go, not as a handheld you can connect to the tv. Stop with that bullshit.

Source.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check it again:

It's being marketed as a home console that you can play on the go, not as a handheld you can connect to the tv. Stop with that bullshit.

Source.

And with that being said, people need to stop with the "it sucks because it's not as powerful as the PS4" bullshit. Damn hardware/graphics whoring. It needs to stop, and people need to get the hell over it already. We get it.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Takahashi: Because I want it to be a home console at heart. It’s a home console that you can play on the go. I believe that it will be primarily plugged into your TV.

I'm sorry your small mind can't see the fact that it doesn't matter. It can do both, the fact he "believes" people will choose console more over handheld is just a guess. Unless he can foresee the future? This is not marketing, it's just his opinion.

Whatever you want to call it, handheld/console or console/handheld is irrelevant. 2+2 still equals 4.

The only bullshit I see is the fact you think a handheld should have the guts of a ps4 lol..

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Check it again:

Source.
Yeah, right. It is also a third-pillar and a whole new innovative experience with a custom GPU developed for Nintendo. /s
They could as well market it as a toaster for all I care, you have a big toaster like thing, where you can slide a slice thing in and it heats up. /s

TBH, half of the value the Switch has for me is it being portable. The other half is some Software promises from Nintendo and a hope for Japanese games on it.
Whatever you say, it still is portable, I can take it away and use it on the bus, what I do regularly. If I take that option out it is a big loss for me, a very big loss.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry your small mind can't see the fact that it doesn't matter. It can do both, the fact he "believes" people will choose console more over handheld is just a guess. Unless he can foresee the future? This is not marketing, it's just his opinion.

Whatever you want to call it, handheld/console or console/handheld is irrelevant. 2+2 still equals 4.

The only bullshit I see is the fact you think a handheld should have the guts of a ps4 lol..
Funny how you put words on my mouth that i never said. Where exactly did i say i wanted the switch to be equally as powerful as the ps4? Where? Show me please, i'm waiting.

You like it or not, it's a home console. Nintendo themselves said it will not replace their handheld market, the 3ds successor is aimed to do exactly that.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Funny how you put words on my mouth that i never said. Where exactly did i say i wanted the switch to be equally as powerful as the ps4? Where? Show me please, i'm waiting.

You like it or not, it's a home console. Nintendo themselves said it will not replace their handheld market, the 3ds successor is aimed to do exactly that.
It's a handheld that can be used as a console. The console itself is a handheld. What it is marketed as is irrelevant. If Nintendo calls the Switch a shoe it doesn't mean it's a shoe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o