Homebrew Ulaunch compiling.....

Azoth428

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to compile the newest version of ulaunch from xortroll. Unfortunately I have almost zero prior knowledge of github or how to use it and visual studio properly. I was wondering if anyone can help me by compiling the repository and sending me a link or the files somehow? I have tried making sure everything that is in the description has been install and even though I have them installed I still get errors.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am trying to compile the newest version of ulaunch from xortroll. Unfortunately I have almost zero prior knowledge of github or how to use it and visual studio properly. I was wondering if anyone can help me by compiling the repository and sending me a link or the files somehow? I have tried making sure everything that is in the description has been install and even though I have them installed I still get errors.

Is there a reason you don't simply use the compiled version from the releases section?

Reactions: KiiWii

draftguy123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sometimes new users don´t see or know the "Releases" is a link to the releases(?)

gh1.jpg

Reactions: BigOnYa

Azoth428

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason you don't simply use the compiled version from the releases section?
Those are support update unfortunately and doesnt include the base files needed for it. Just the updated files. Says so in the description. Dont worry guys I have common sense :)
Post automatically merged:

Untitled.png

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Those are support update unfortunately and doesnt include the base files needed for it. Just the updated files. Says so in the description. Dont worry guys I have common sense :)

Pretty sure you're reading that wrong. "Keep in mind that these minor versions are merely support updates" means it was an update to support FW 17.0.1 and Atmosphere 1.6.2. Not that it's a partial release.

Azoth428

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah i already tried it. Didnt work. I became more convinced when every download found on other sites includes the repo zip and the update. Ive tried everything I know man....

Azoth428

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but hey if no one wants to compile it for me its all good. I dont have to have it and you all dont have to

PS C:\Users\diefo\Source\Repos\uLaunch> make
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/diefo/Source/Repos/uLaunch/projects/uSystem'
Building nx_release
/home/diefo/Source/Repos/uLaunch/projects/uSystem/uSystem.mk
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/diefo/Source/Repos/uLaunch/projects/uSystem'
fatal: ref HEAD is not a symbolic ref
fatal: ref HEAD is not a symbolic ref
result_get_name.cpp
Precompiling stratosphere.hpp for nintendo_nx_arm64_armv8a_release
ams_emummc_api.cpp
ams_exosphere_api.cpp
cal_battery_api.cpp
cal_crc_utils.cpp
cal_fs_utils.cpp
decodersrv_decoder_control_server_manager.cpp
decodersrv_decoder_control_service.cpp
decodersrv_decoder_server_object.cpp hpp:19:10: fatal error: jpeglib.h: No such file or directory
19 | #include <jpeglib.h>
| ^~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [/home/diefo/Source/Repos/uLaunch/projects/uSystem/uSystem.mk:92: check_lib] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/diefo/Source/Repos/uLaunch/projects/uSystem'/libstratosphere/libstratosphere.mk:111: all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [Makefile:41: nx_release] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/diefo/https://github.com/XorTroll/uLaunch.git^C
PS C:\Users\diefo\Source\Repos\uLaunch>2
PS C:\Users\diefo\Source\Repos\uLaunch> https://github.com/XorTroll/uLaunch.git

Then learn to compile. Beside compile won't fix your problem if there are bugs in the release, beside it has pre-release tag.
That has been what I have been trying to do.....learn to compile...... other people have it working...... im not sure if I have offended you or something but im not trying to. I apologize if your frustrated but you dont have to help me.

Nvm. I figured it out :) Thank all of you for your time. Hope you have a good rest of your day.

Last edited by Azoth428,

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nah i already tried it. Didnt work. I became more convinced when every download found on other sites includes the repo zip and the update. Ive tried everything I know man....

You're wrong. It's a complete release. v0.2 has full feature release notes and contains the same number of files and file names in the zip. Not a single tutorial says the repo zip files are necessary, but If you think having it is going to help, go ahead and download that and copy paste the files from it into the latest release and you should be good to go. Right? lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch