Hacking Type 2 Card switch list

BORODA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone point me to an article or post on what's the actual tech difference between card 1 and card 2? Just for educational purposes.

Reactions: matias3ds

RomAnOCrY

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There’s a method to play card 2 games with layeredFS. I’ve been playing Mario Aces lol
Tutorial:

• Get the latest version of XCI Explorer with Card 2 Support (https://github.com/StudentBlake/XCI-Explorer/releases)
  • Load the XCI file, then go to the Partitions tab, then under secure find the biggest NCA file and extract it to your desktop (See image 1 for reference) (should be called "cdee81d37ad6e99952d7f45fb01b2c83.nca" for Mario Tenis Aces)
  • Extract the NCA file to your desktop
  • Download hactool and extract the content to your desktop (https://github.com/SciresM/hactool/releases)
  • Download keys.ini and places it on your desktop
  • Create a folder on your Desktop called Mario
  • At this point, you should have 1 folder and 6 files on your desktop (NCA file, four files for hactool, and keys.ini) (See image 2 for reference)
  • Open CMD (Command Prompt)
  • Type in the following command:
  • cd Desktop (press enter)
  • hactool.exe -k keys.ini --romfs="Mario\romfs.bin" --exefsdir="Mario\exefs" "cdee81d37ad6e99952d7f45fb01b2c83.nca" (press enter) (if you are using a different game you would have a different name for you NCA file)
  • Now command prompt will run the command and if it is successful you should see "Done!" at the end (See image 3 for reference)
  • Now you have all the files required to run your game!
  • Rename the Mario folder to the title ID of your donor game and then modify main.npdm with your donor title ID
  • Copy the folder to the titles folder on your SD card (atmosphere/titles/)
Now you are all good to go! Hope this tutorial was hopeful for people decrypting Cart 2 games!

Does anyone have a methode to do the same but in XCI format ??

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Do you know why this card type has been created ? do they have extra storage ? Is it an anti piracy layer added ?
i mean what makes this card type 2 differnt from card type 1 ??

Same here i want to know the differences, yet cannot see anything info on it. Is it like a dual layer 50gb + storage space rom chip, added security like you say.

Reactions: matias3ds

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Same here i want to know the differences, yet cannot see anything info on it. Is it like a dual layer 50gb + storage space rom chip, added security like you say.[/QUOTE

I +1 that.

Not that it matters, type2 will be playable soon, but I'd just like to know out of curiosity.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone point me to an article or post on what's the actual tech difference between card 1 and card 2? Just for educational purposes.
Same here i want to know the differences, yet cannot see anything info on it. Is it like a dual layer 50gb + storage space rom chip, added security like you say.
@FliP0x
Games used to store their icon and name data in a partition labeled "normal" on the game cart. However, newer games now have an empty "normal" partition and have a new logo partition that stores the icon data. This dumper does not handle those newer games. So if you try to dump a really new game, like the Happy Birthdays game, the dumper will fail.

Reactions: BORODA

matias3ds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The important thing is that xecuter already realeased the update and we can use this card 2 games now , I’ve already tried with Mario tennis Aces and it works great !!

matias3ds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Does it happends with a back up or with a downloaded from the web ( that a friend borrowed to you and Gabe you link :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only drank alcohol once and it was by accident
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt know it was beer, it was on a juice bottle
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yeah, I'm addicted to smoking, sadly. It's very addictive but I wish I didn't start.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    May just order a 5700g for a nas/emulation set up tbh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast you were asleep on 4/20
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, you played that Mario flash game called Mario 63?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No, but I've seen it on Vinesauce's stream.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that game is one of the reasons i met newgrounds bc the full versión of it is in that site
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also somebody is remaking it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast the 1999 versión of pico's school is avaliable (the difference between it, the 2006 versión and the 2016 versión is that the speed of the game depends of the speed of your computer and that it had the og soundtrack)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Another being Pico VS Bear, the original 1999 version before Jim Henson filed a DMCA takedown.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    The 2006 versión was made when the flash portal was made
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many people thought it was lost, but was discovered that he hid it on the same page.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs uberkids had a netplay versión that was shutdown, although the swf file has been found
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the original under a file called "bear.exe". "bear2.exe", however, is the updated game in a Flash projector. P.s. this was on the archived Pico page from 2000.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's been there for a long time, too. People who search for lost media don't look hard enough lmao.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, also the pico 2 demos used to be only for the newgrounds patrons but they are on internet archive too (https://archive.org/download/picos_school_2)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Iirc the demos were removed from newgrounds in 2022
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, or well only the demo with mindchamber's style was on newgrounds
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, or well only the demo with mindchamber's style was on newgrounds +1