Status
Not open for further replies.

TX Presents SX OS v2.9 BETA - With Full v9.0 Firmware Support!

NEW UPDATE FIXES UPGRADE ISSUES!

PLEASE USE V2.9.1b INSTEAD OF 2.9

YOU CAN NOW USE CHOIDUJOURNX 1.0.2 WITH 2.9.1b

Good day, fans and believers! We hope you are all having a good weekend.

SXOS29.png

Team-Xecuter has done it again, they have updated their world-famous SX OS to now support the latest v9.0 Switch firmware from Nintendo.
Today, we bring you a much needed update of SX OS. Full compatibility with the latest Switch firmware 9.0! Sorry that we kept you waiting, we wanted to make sure all our unique features still properly work.

Additionally, we also introduced support for the "Horizon split format". This means that people who use FAT32 can have folders named 'game.xci' with split parts contained therein (named 00, 01, 02, etc.). Make sure the folder has the 'archive' bit set.

We know you are waiting for some other big features in SX OS, they are coming.. We wanted to get this compatibility update out first though.

So what are you waiting for? SX OS 2.9 beta is available for download on our website now! (and also through the builtin online updater part of SX OS.)
—< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by SonyUSA,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
sorry about title, and gbatemp does not allow to change it, and this site lags like shit, takes me 5 minutes to bring u the editor, and i can't even make a new thread.

i asked mods to fix it, someday they will
Sounds like a you problem. GBAtemp often takes a few seconds to load for me, but minutes? That only happens when it's down for maintenance, resulting in the page failing to load, which only takes a few minutes usually, then it's back up to speed faster than before. I've never experienced it taking minutes to load a page when the server is up.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my emuNAND to 9.0 and it bricked, restoring BOOT 0/1 fixed it, however games will not load and .xci will not mount, homebrew still works, though... I would hold off until further testing! I'll update the thread if I find out more info!

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I cannot boot into EMUNAND after updating to SX OS 2.9 and installing the 9.0 Firmware which I downloaded from the teamexecuter forum link.

ChoiDujourNX crashed after writing "xxx is now a file. Placeholder folder emptied. A reboot will be needed to complete the install. Applied AutoRMC to NORMAL BCT."

Then it crashed. It froze on Flashing firmware packages 0/6.

I have upgraded my emunand many times before following this procedure. Most recently I upgraded successfully to 8.1.0. Great job team SX.

What should I do now? Can I recover my saves somehow? My son is in the middle of BOTW. This is very bad situation.

The good thing is that OFW works, I updated it online after the botched CFW update.

Also if team SX is reading this, please contact me if you can help or if not I would like some compensation.

Thank you.

Try to mount your emunand/USER with biskey3 using HacDiskMount and copy save folder. Use save extractor tool to get decrypted save data.

You have to dump emunand hidden partition using dd or so.

Good luck!

Reactions: ELY_M

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot boot into EMUNAND after updating to SX OS 2.9 and installing the 9.0 Firmware which I downloaded from the teamexecuter forum link.

ChoiDujourNX crashed after writing "xxx is now a file. Placeholder folder emptied. A reboot will be needed to complete the install. Applied AutoRMC to NORMAL BCT."

Then it crashed. It froze on Flashing firmware packages 0/6.

I have upgraded my emunand many times before following this procedure. Most recently I upgraded successfully to 8.1.0. Great job team SX.

What should I do now? Can I recover my saves somehow? My son is in the middle of BOTW. This is very bad situation.

The good thing is that OFW works, I updated it online after the botched CFW update.

Also if team SX is reading this, please contact me if you can help or if not I would like some compensation.

Thank you.

TX has nothing to do with ChoiDoujournX, try getting in contact with those devs.

jj1212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to mount your emunand/USER with biskey3 using HacDiskMount and copy save folder. Use save extractor tool to get decrypted save data.

You have to dump emunand hidden partition using dd or so.

Good luck!
Given that this emunand was cloned from sysnand which is still intact, can the emutendo folder be salvaged?

I will clone the emunand from the same sysnand again.

Thanks

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Given that this emunand was cloned from sysnand which is still intact, can the emutendo folder be salvaged?

I will clone the emunand from the same sysnand again.

Thanks

Save data is stored in USER partition of the nand/emunand. If you couldn't fix the corrupted nand/emunand, save data will be long gone.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is cool how they came out with an update, it may not have been right away but at least they put the time in to make sure it was done right.

the onlt side thoughts i have with these releases is "We know you are waiting for some other big features in SX OS, they are coming.. We wanted to get this compatibility update out first though." these elusive cliff hangers. What could they surprise the scene with? We have everything at this point, what could they be holding on to? My guess is their own online play thing because as far as i know they never updated their fw to support the new kip thing. Other than that maybe they've collaborated with another pirate or piracy group again and have something coming out with them. I knew of someone who worked at a department store and stole pants and sold them. Maybe they have people who work in game developing studios and or nintendo headquarters and can get these people to leak us games while in development? If this is the case which I'm certain it is I would suggest picking up sxos if you'd like to play metroid prime 4 early next month.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

SaltyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I FOUND A WORK AROUND TO Choi 1.0.2 FREEZING ON BIS PROTECTION:

You MUST use boot.bin VERSION 2.8 to install 9.0.0 USING Choi 1.0.2 ONLY!!
THEN you change the boot.bin to version 2.9 and everything works perfect!!
Thanks.
Can confirm this works. And, please make sure its Choi 1.02

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I updated my emuNAND to 9.0 and it bricked, restoring BOOT 0/1 fixed it, however games will not load and .xci will not mount, homebrew still works, though... I would hold off until further testing! I'll update the thread if I find out more info!

You mean, with Choi 1.01 and it froze on 0/6 Flashing? How to restore only boot 0 1? I'm in the same boat, emunand as files, bricked.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I've only updated emunand - but everything seems to be working fine (apart from quake3 - where the controls are not working for now). I've converted themes from v8 to v9 and they are working fine.

Rcm3TXG.jpg

Problems during install using SXOS - however updating with Atmosphere went smooth and SXOS emunand boots fine and works great - as it did before. V4 tinfoil doesn't work though so will need updated to the new version. Most other homebrew I've tried works fine.

Reactions: SonyUSA

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only updated emunand - but everything seems to be working fine (apart from quake3 - where the controls are not working for now). I've converted themes from v8 to v9 and they are working fine.

Rcm3TXG.jpg

Problems during install using SXOS - however updating with Atmosphere went smooth and SXOS emunand boots fine and works great - as it did before. V4 tinfoil doesn't work though so will need updated to the new version. Most other homebrew I've tried works fine.

Atmosphere and which version of Chou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg