Twitch running on internet browser?

rafpoop

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I using the switch's twitch app, and it appears to be running on the switch browser. Hitting start brings up the general info and shows a link to https://mrohkkcptggjkje1.switch.tv.twitch.tv/ and shows the switch's view of twitch. Could it be running on the internet browser?
I'm not sure, but if it helps at all the Switch does have an Internet browser on it that can be accessed from the Settings when messing around with manual DNS settings.

Waicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Nice find, it definetely seems like it. Opened the link from a phone and i get the switch menu like you did on PC.

Edit: to be fair, in this day and age most apps are just webapps that link to a page stored somewhere else, guess it's easier for developtment and security reasons.

Reactions: CompSciOrBust
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
I'm not sure, but if it helps at all the Switch does have an Internet browser on it that can be accessed from the Settings when messing around with manual DNS settings.
Would be neat if someone made a DNS that just redirects Twitch, that way the Twitch icon can be used as a browser on OFW instead of going in to the settings.

Does pressing the home button then returning to the app close the browser or reset it to the default page in some way? I think that happens in homebrew NSPs because the Switch isn't capable of running multiple applets at once (except swkbd and the browser).

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would be neat if someone made a DNS that just redirects Twitch, that way the Twitch icon can be used as a browser on OFW instead of going in to the settings.

Does pressing the home button then returning to the app close the browser or reset it to the default page in some way? I think that happens in homebrew NSPs because the Switch isn't capable of running multiple applets at once (except swkbd and the browser).
uh just use a dns that allows you to set redirects such as next dns and redirect the twitch link to something else. this is also how you can join ANY world in minecraft by redirecting the public worlds they provide

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @HiradeGirl, Hi