Hacking Twilight Princess 3D ban wave

Aliahan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this story is true, and it's quite hard to believe it is, but if it were, the Machiavellian thing to do would be to have as many people as possible go out and Streetpass with ban-triggering spoof titles. If Nintendo faced a huge backlash from banning innocent legit customers, they'd probably cease banning altogether.

Not that I'm advocating that, I'm just pointing out the potential strategic use for such a thing, if it truly existed.

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If this story is true, and it's quite hard to believe it is, but if it were, the Machiavellian thing to do would be to have as many people as possible go out and Streetpass with ban-triggering spoof titles. If Nintendo faced a huge backlash from banning innocent legit customers, they'd probably cease banning altogether.

Not that I'm advocating that, I'm just pointing out the potential strategic use for such a thing, if it truly existed.

did you really just suggest an idea and then immediately shoot it down as a bad idea?

Reactions: nxwing

Aliahan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you really just suggest an idea and then immediately shoot it down as a bad idea?
I did indeed. Well, not a bad idea in that it wouldn't produce results, but bad as in morally wrong. Strategically it's a great idea, as reprehensible as it is. :unsure:

That was literally the first thing that came to mind when I read what supposedly happened in Germany--how it could be used against Nintendo to end ban waves for good. But no, it's really screwed up to get innocent players banned so I can't say it's the right thing to do. It's just an interesting dilemma to think about. A lot of people would argue that the ends justify the means, and that it would benefit more people in the long run, but that doesn't make it any less underhanded.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did indeed. Well, not a bad idea in that it wouldn't produce results, but bad as in morally wrong. Strategically it's a great idea, as reprehensible as it is. :unsure:

That was literally the first thing that came to mind when I read what supposedly happened in Germany--how it could be used against Nintendo to end ban waves for good. But no, it's really screwed up to get innocent players banned so I can't say it's the right thing to do. It's just an interesting dilemma to think about. A lot of people would argue that the ends justify the means, and that it would benefit more people in the long run, but that doesn't make it any less underhanded.

We could attach them to pigeons!

Aliahan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he means attach ban-inducing 3DS consoles to pigeons. And now I kinda feel bad for knowing what he meant, like an airborne pigeon ban army is just this normal obvious thing people think about. :(

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think he means attach ban-inducing 3DS consoles to pigeons. And now I kinda feel bad for knowing what he meant, like an airborne pigeon ban army is just this normal obvious thing people think about. :(

I'm well aware what he means *facepalm*

Also yes, this is a totally normal train of thought for temp members

(fake game bans console -> lets use that to embarrass Nintendo -> lets use an army of pigeons as distrubtion)

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't need pigeons. Just homepass a router and flame the evil.

Open up your homepass wifi and watch passers poop their pants and then get banned.

Or worse, just use your android phone to run homepass and take a trip on the highway.

Of course... they'd have to be gullible to eShop it. The more the merrier...

Reactions: nxwing and Margen67

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't need pigeons. Just homepass a router and flame the evil.

Open up your homepass wifi and watch passers poop their pants and then get banned.

Or worse, just use your android phone to run homepass and take a trip on the highway.

Of course... they'd have to be gullible to eShop it. The more the merrier...

People should ABSOLUTELY be homepassing their Mii into the ether carrying a little box with "Metroid" or "F-Zero 3D".

Would be fun as hell seeing the reactions.

lPolarisl

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

DUDE ! Let's do this !
Surely Nintendo will unban the banned people anyway... right ?

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yo Guys!

There's still only ONE GUY who said he got banned because of this!
I already said that I know this person and he is a owner of a flashcard (Gateway).

I don't think that "Fake Game"-Mii's are able to ban people, so... this discussion is a bit... out of control?

Reactions: nxwing and Margen67

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Concert date : April 19.
9.6 release : March 23.

A gateway user couldn't have loaded the eshop at that date, as 9.6 is still not supported on emunand.

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Concert date : April 19.
9.6 release : March 23.

A gateway user couldn't have loaded the eshop at that date, as 9.6 is still not supported on emunand.

No one said that he got banned by using the eshop while Gateway was used.
Possibly he was online with the Gateway (Pokemon Shuffle, for example) or he logged into the Nintendo Zone while Gateway was inserted.

What is your source though ?

There is no "source" for it.
I used ctrulib to write my own homebrew and used a fake-icon + fake-title

Reactions: enarky and Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: