Tutorial  Updated

How to Install Derrek's Sighax

PLEASE NOTE : THIS GUIDE IS FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE DIRECTLY UPGRADING FROM A9LH AND WANT TO USE HIS INSTALLER! I HIGHLY SUGGEST PEOPLE USE 3ds.guide FOR THIS! I ALSO DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO DO THIS WITHOUT A HARDMOD JUST IN CASE SOMETHING SCREWS UP! I DO NOT TAKE ANY BLAME IF YOUR SYSTEM BRICKS. A NAND BACKUP IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! THIS IS ESSENTIALLY THE SAME THING AS B9S BUT LACKS THE SAFETY CHECKS OF THE B9S INSTALLATION GUIDE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Hey Everyone! I thought I would write up this tutorial for people who decide to use Derrek's Sighax installer. I do not recommend doing it because many people, including me have bricked. I had to get a hardmod done on my 3DS just so I could revive it and write this tutorial. (Plus, I do love my 3DS)

Step 1 : Download the latest version of the "sighax_installer" and place it on the root of your SD card. This will ask to replace your arm9loaderhax.bin, click "yes" Download link provided here.

Step 2 : Download the The latest release of boot9strap. and rename it "target_firm.bin" (Without the quotations) and place it on the root of your SD card.

Step 3 : Follow the on screen instructions very carefully! It will ask you if it's okay to remove A9LH and proceed with the installation. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE PROPER FILES ON THE ROOT OF YOUR SD CARD!

Step 4 : If you're ready, press "A" and continue everything. Once sighax is successfully installed, it will ask you to power off. Go ahead and power off your 3DS and take out your SD card.

Step 5 : Download The latest release of Luma3DS and place the boot.firm in the root of your SD card. Everything should boot up fine meaning the installation was successful!

I've provided screen shots of the files that need to be on your SD card before the installation for reference.

Hopefully this guide will help people use his installer and not have as many bricks.

AGAIN : I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR BRICKED CONSOLES! I WARNED YOU! I STILL HIGHLY SUGGEST THE USAGE OF 3ds.guide!!!

Hopefully this guide is helpful for the few people that want to do this! This is my first guide, so please tell me if something needs to be fixed!
Credit goes to all developers hard work to make this possible!

Attachments

• WHAT THE ROOT OF YOUR SD SHOULD LOOK LIKE.PNG
    WHAT THE ROOT OF YOUR SD SHOULD LOOK LIKE.PNG
    10.4 KB · Views: 1,101
Last edited by mbcrazed,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-