[Tutorial] A9LH Users: Recover From Formatted/Deleted SD Card

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by bahamut920, Oct 6, 2016.

1. bahamut920
    OP

Member bahamut920 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You can do a System Format in your 3DS options to "start from scratch"; it will erase all software on your 3DS that did not ship with the system, and will unlink any linked NNID. It won't affect system software or firmware version, nor will it affect A9LH.

In order to get rid of A9LH, you need Decrypt9, and a NAND backup made before you installed A9LH. Just put the Decrypt9 app in the "payloads" directory just like Hourglass9, rename it (I personally use either "X_Decrypt9.bin" or "Y_Decrypt9.bin", I don't remember offhand), and then restore your backup using the same method you would in Hourglass9. There are two options to restore a NAND backup in D9, obviously you don't choose "Restore (keep A9LH)".

2. atin675

Newcomer atin675 Member

United States
    This process would work exactly the same if you did this on a formatted cfw 3ds right?

3. bahamut920
    OP

Member bahamut920 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The first part, at the very least, is A9LH-specific and completely unnecessary on a 3DS without A9LH. It's not even necessary with all installations of A9LH. Honestly, I don't know all that much about non-A9LH/Luma setups, aside from the fact that an EmuNAND is required somewhere along the line. I waited for the 3DS to be as "hacked" as the PSP was before really paying attention to the scene, so by the time I was ready to go with mine, the Plailect guide was well-established and I just dove all the way down the rabbit hole in one go.