Hacking [Tutorial] 4.5 SysNAND + 4.5 CFW + 9.4 EmuNAND without Gateway

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cant get a connection.... EVER...... ctrclient just does not want to connect, tried all the remedies in this thread, made sure firewall is not blocking access, even tried another computer. No luck for me..

How can i restore my original 9.2 Nand backup?

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Thanks! I now have downgraded to 4.2.0-9u and set up Emunand on 9.4 I was having troubles updating emunand, but then I just reformatted emunand and it worked fine. I still have to set up CFW. I went a little creative and made a custom sticker for the emunand SD card :)
2rxy74m.jpg

Reactions: dicamarques

icedzed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I found that creating both the title and the import db worked for me, the first few times i did it with just title i got a different result code. Make sure that both of the files are title.db, import.db and not title.db.txt files and just keep on trying. I generally had to get the CFW running at least 5 times before it allowed me to connect which means it would take 15-20 restarts to work. Now that i have it installed it works 80% of the time on the first try if not first almost always the second try.

thanks, i already have both file with the right extension, still nothing :/ i was able to start the cfw just a few times, now nothing, i always have blue and black screen, or, sometime, blue and white screen

icedzed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i've updated my post, sorry but not everything is clear..

i follow the tutorial, i used to have the error i paste before, while installing the devmenu, i tryed while i was opening the eshop and it give me the 0 once, but after that nothing, i was stuck in the eshop loading, i rebooted but nothing, no gift box.. so i changed the sd and downloaded a demo from 9.4, from emunand, after that i changed again sd for the 4.5, and followed the step, can please someone check if this is right? my step:

format the emunand from gateway exploit
turn off the 3ds.
take off the sd
i already have done the part of the pc, this: emuNand.bin (and btw, in the turorial i never use this file, why i have to do step 4-5-6?)
copy sd folder from cfw, deleting the launcher.dat and renaming the launcher_gw
put the sd in the 3ds and turn it on
wait for the sd to create the 3ds folder
take off sd card (here should i turn off the 3ds?)
create the dbs folder in the same directory where i see exdata, and inside the folder put import.db and title.db
then put again the sd in 3ds, going to data management-3ds-software, hit restore (or whateaver it is)
then, here, should i go directly to ds mode or it's better to turn off the 3ds and turn it on again?
and.. everytime i try to boot into cfw, should i do the dbs step?

sorry for my not perfect english and for the long post but as i say i'm smart enough to understand but for some step i need help, without support it's hard..

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Can someone please halp? I get to step 13. I hold L and press DS profile. Then it just shows a blue screen on the top? Ive turned on/off the 3ds multiple times and it still does this.

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Also, Whenever it does load, it opens to a 3ds home screen, it wont connect to the internet and whenever I open anything it crashes. Please help?

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Could someone share how they are getting the 9.4 emunand running?

I just did exactly what the tutorial said and it works fine.

YOU MUST DOWNGRADE TO 4.x FIRST!
Download the launcher.dat from the MT-CARD website, put it on the SD card.
Move the .nds file on to your DS flashcart (r4/Dstwo/clones) and run it
Open the mt setup.nds with the flashcart and run it.
Go to settings Other -> Profile -> DS profile and then the MT menu should open up.
Format emunand Once it is done, click run classic mode.
If it black screens, hold the power button til your 3ds turns off.
Turn it back on and go back to DS profile settings and run classic mode again
WOLA!

Yoshimashin

Penguin Spy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did exactly what the tutorial said and it works fine.

YOU MUST DOWNGRADE TO 4.x FIRST!
Download the launcher.dat from the MT-CARD website, put it on the SD card.
Move the .nds file on to your DS flashcart (r4/Dstwo/clones) and run it
Open the mt setup.nds with the flashcart and run it.
Go to settings Other -> Profile -> DS profile and then the MT menu should open up.
Format emunand Once it is done, click run classic mode.
If it black screens, hold the power button til your 3ds turns off.
Turn it back on and go back to DS profile settings and run classic mode again
WOLA!

I followed the steps but it doesn't boot after the update. I have the CFW working fine, and the emunand works until I run the update from Nintendo.

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I followed the steps but it doesn't boot after the update. I have the CFW working fine, and the emunand works until I run the update from Nintendo.

That happened to me the first time i set it up, I updated and it broke.. All I did was reformat the emunand and now it works.

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
This method does work! My console successfully downgraded to 4.2.0 , I have 1 SD card that had 9.4 emunand and I can connect to eshop and download games ( I downloaded some VC games and they run flawlessly)! I also got CFW working but it takes a few tries to boot it and it can be a bit fidgety but I have devmenu, I installed BlagSNES and ACNL with no problems! THANKS OP SO MUCH!

Reactions: Kelton2

icedzed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This method does work! My console successfully downgraded to 4.2.0 , I have 1 SD card that had 9.4 emunand and I can connect to eshop and download games ( I downloaded some VC games and they run flawlessly)! I also got CFW working but it takes a few tries to boot it and it can be a bit fidgety but I have devmenu, I installed BlagSNES and ACNL with no problems! THANKS OP SO MUCH!

how you got 4.2? i got 4.5

valyr

Trophies
XP
Country
homebrew pretty much any will work blargsnes is absolutely cracking. As for games ALMOST any that doesn't use sdk7 or above
for example fantasy life (eur) will work on cfw even though it requires firmware 8.1 because it was compiled with sdk 5.2.3 or so
i recommend an app i found on a spanish forum called autocia v1 as it has a gui and the ability to patch required firmware. If that doesn't work for you try this guide

icedzed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
homebrew pretty much any will work blargsnes is absolutely cracking. As for games ALMOST any that doesn't use sdk7 or above
for example fantasy life (eur) will work on cfw even though it requires firmware 8.1 because it was compiled with sdk 5.2.3 or so
i recommend an app i found on a spanish forum called autocia v1 as it has a gui and the ability to patch required firmware. If that doesn't work for you try this guide

thank you very much! i'm gonna read the tutorial, and.. there's also a list where can i see wich game is compiled with sdk 5.2.3?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1