Hacking [Tutorial] 4.5 SysNAND + 4.5 CFW + 9.4 EmuNAND without Gateway

wiiando

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone explain why the CFW is so unstable?

I can get it to boot 2 out of 5 times but then it'll just crash suddenly either launching a app/game or just at the home screen, bad patches or?

Reactions: MaK11-12 and Gaara4

wiiando

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[RANT]
OMG This P.O.S. IS SO BUGGY!!!!!! IT ALMOST NEVER BOOTS
[/rant]

Ignore the last part, just me going mad at my 3DS and not connecting to it....
Any tips in getting it boot perfectly? or not?

I find holding L at the last second of hitting DS profile gives better results, also having wifi enabled seems to stop some freezing/locking up, disabling it before launching anything crashes it, but if I disable while in game/app it's fine

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
wiiando

My tips for easy boot CFW:

1. The fw 4.5 have more compatibility to boot correctly, generally it boots at first try. I had fw 4.2 and it took me a lot of tries to work. Now it's so much better, boot easily. I bought Donkey Kong Country Returns cart which requires fw 4.5 then updated, helped me a lot.
2. Run ROPmultiloader and choose the option Gateway Launcher 4x.
3. take out and reinsert your SD Card.
4. When you press Profile Nintendo DS hold like 2-3 seconds.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
I find holding L at the last second of hitting DS profile gives better results, also having wifi enabled seems to stop some freezing/locking up, disabling it before launching anything crashes it, but if I disable while in game/app it's fine
Now i'm getting more success but the CTRclient still can't connect, am I the only one that the cfw stops working if I do anything after getting access to the internet (ie: open an app)?

dicamarques

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Now i'm getting more success but the CTRclient still can't connect, am I the only one that the cfw stops working if I do anything after getting access to the internet (ie: open an app)?
I F*CKING GOT ITTTTTTTTT
So pro tip for those not getting the CTR to work:
As soon as home menu appears open the web browser, while loading the page run the .bat.
Enjoy :)

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Question: Let's say I downgrade my 9.2 3DS, then setup emunand 9.4 correctly and get into the eshop and download stuff like game updates. Would it be possible to restore my 9.2 sysnand afterwards while keeping the patch data for my retail games at the same time?

dicamarques

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Question: Let's say I downgrade my 9.2 3DS, then setup emunand 9.4 correctly and get into the eshop and download stuff like game updates. Would it be possible to restore my 9.2 sysnand afterwards while keeping the patch data for my retail games at the same time?
Yes you can restore your sysnand, but idk if the apps you bought afterwards will appear on the home screen

MaK11-12

Trophies
Website
www.deltabeard.com
XP
Country
I'm really having bad luck here. I've followed all the instructions to the letter.
1. When loading emuNAND (classic) the 3DS screens go black and nothing loads (waited for five minutes).

2. I ran the CFW from system NAND using the DS exploit. When the bottom screen flashes and the 3DS returns to the home menu, running ctrclient results in 'failed to connect' error (the IP address is correct). Clicking on anything causes the 3DS to crash (pressing settings, web browser, etc. causes the 3DS to crash).

:( Could I have some advice?

dicamarques

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm really having bad luck here. I've followed all the instructions to the letter.
1. When loading emuNAND (classic) the 3DS screens go black and nothing loads (waited for five minutes).

2. I ran the CFW from system NAND using the DS exploit. When the bottom screen flashes and the 3DS returns to the home menu, running ctrclient results in 'failed to connect' error (the IP address is correct). Clicking on anything causes the 3DS to crash (pressing settings, web browser, etc. causes the 3DS to crash).

:( Could I have some advice?
As soon as the homemenu appears try pressing the browser and loading a page, then run the .bat

MaK11-12

Trophies
Website
www.deltabeard.com
XP
Country
I managed to get it working! :)
I completely zeroed my SD card, and I formatted my 3DS (factory reset). Then I ran the gateway launcher.dat through the DS exploit rather than the Browser exploit and I worked like a charm! ^_^

Thanks everyone.

icedzed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i just downgrade my 3ds xl, now i'm trying to start again the gw web exploit but it's not working, i still have the file on my sd, i make a copy on my pc and never deleted anything, i'm doing something wrong?

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't really get some parts of the 9.4 emunand. I did everything on your downgrade tutorial, so I have a 4.5 3DS with a CFW 4.5 SD Card.
Can you explain these please?

Copy the MT Card Launcher.dat to your SD Card, along with the exploit installer.
What exploit installer? Which file is that? MT_INSTALLER.NDS?

Install the DS Exploit using MT Card's installer.
MT_INSTALLER.NDS? So I need a my DS flashcard for this again?

Thanks!

m45t3r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
wiiando

My tips for easy boot CFW:

1. The fw 4.5 have more compatibility to boot correctly, generally it boots at first try. I had fw 4.2 and it took me a lot of tries to work. Now it's so much better, boot easily. I bought Donkey Kong Country Returns cart which requires fw 4.5 then updated, helped me a lot.
2. Run ROPmultiloader and choose the option Gateway Launcher 4x.
3. take out and reinsert your SD Card.
4. When you press Profile Nintendo DS hold like 2-3 seconds.

Just a small collaboration, I am still in fw 4.2 and using ROPmultiloader instead of Gateway ROP loader seems to be a lot more stable to activate CFW.

Reactions: djalmafreestyler

Yoshimashin

Penguin Spy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to get it working! :)
I completely zeroed my SD card, and I formatted my 3DS (factory reset). Then I ran the gateway launcher.dat through the DS exploit rather than the Browser exploit and I worked like a charm! ^_^

Thanks everyone.

I combined these two methods and I got it working. Thanks a lot, guys!

Reactions: MaK11-12

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 2DS with firmware 8.1. I understand that the 2DS can not be downgraded to 4.5. Say I was to purchase a DS card, could I use this tutorial to run an emuNAND, and install .CIAs to that emuNAND?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: