Hacking Turn on machine, and tv says, 'Opening'. Drive doesn't engage

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was having an issue getting my drive to open, so I took my box apart, and fixed that. Opens and closes no problem. However, now when I turn the damned thing on, the screen says, "Opening" (unless I open it, then it says, "Closing". The drive looks like it tries to engage, but doesn't. What the heck? Can't find anything on the goog's. If the drive is screwed, where the heck can I buy a new one? Modchipcentral used to be located here in my hometown, and they used to have flashed drives. They have moved, and no longer seem to carry them. Am I screwed?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Seems like the drive is fucked up indeed.

It still opens and closes and reads?
If not, get a new drive from Ebay and flash your keys to it ;]

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, it opens and closes just fine, but the drive never 'engages' to read the disk. It sort of clicks, moves up about and eighth of an inch, then half second later disengages and opens...

Is there any place to get a replacement drive already flashed, or has everything gone to this 'key' thing (I've been away from this whole thing for a couple of years).

Thanks!
'

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Seems like the laser is dying.

You can (if you can solder) transplant your drive PCB.
Otherwise you'll have to flash your DVD drive again.
You can't switch DVD drives since their paired to the consoles.

metalmystere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had a problem with a drive not reading anything, i just bought a new laser off ebay, fitted it in and now everything is fine.

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't believe it's a problem with the laser, the whole mechanism isn't fully engaging. It just make a little click, then the drive opens... Weird.

metalmystere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried pushing the drive door in by hand? almost like a little forced push, to see if it gets back on track with itself? if not then maybe a look on ebay might be in order and find a new drive.

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, I had to give it a real hard push to get it back on track, and now the whole 'open / close' thing is the result. I think it's prolly f**ked. But I'm not sure how to do this whole key thing. I had to have a piece soldered on to my old drive, then flash. That's the only way I know...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1