Hacking Trying to ntrboot for hours, what am I doing wrong?

SERPAH451

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve looked at many threads and had no luck, maybe someone can find the error in my ways?

I have an R4i Plus, the one that comes with an internal ntrboot Switch. I have installed CFW on many 3DS systems, but it has been awhile and for some reason booting to ntrboot is not working this time. I am using a New 2DS XL, brand new out of the box a day ago. The switch on the inside of the R4 is on the N for ntrboot. I have boot.3dsx and the renamed boot.firm that was safeb9sinstaller.firm on the root of my sd card. I have a folder named boot9strap on the root of my SD card with the boot9strap.firm and boot9strap.firm.sha in there.

So here’s the problem: I have a very good magnet I have used before. I turn off my system and put the magnet over the sleep trigger on the bottom of my 2DS XL. My flashcart with the ntrboot mode is inserted and so is my device’s SD card. There is no card in my R4 but I have been told I don’t need one. I hold the X, start, select, and power buttons, the blue power light turns on, and the screen is lit but only to black. It doesn’t matter when I let go of the buttons or if I even do so, the following happens the same every time. The yellow wireless light turns on after a second or two, and the console’s screens completely turn off as if it were in sleep mode shortly after that. I assume that if the yellow light turns on it had failed, because no matter how long I hold or don’t hold the buttons, removing the magnet flicks off the sleep trigger and the console is at the home screen. I have been doing this for hours, and have tried multiple console SD cards, one 4gb and one 64gb, both formatted to FAT32.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong and why it isn’t working this time. I have checked many threads and have found no luck. If anyone can help me that would be much appreciated :)

SERPAH451

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm toasty-drunk, but people are going to ask you if you used the 3DS guide. That 3DS guide.

You mean the big one that’s the first thing you google? That’s what I’m using rn and I have used it in the past with moderate success. Are the links to the files on it wrong/outdated?

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the links to the files on it wrong/outdated?

They shouldn't be.

I'm not sober enough to really walk you through it, but Dionicio3 should be able to help you--also check other threads for people who are online (look for a green triangle in the corner of their avatar).

If you're still having trouble, I'll probably sober up soon.

SERPAH451

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They shouldn't be.

I'm not sober enough to really walk you through it, but Dionicio3 should be able to help you--also check other threads for people who are online (look for a green triangle in the corner of their avatar).

If you're still having trouble, I'll probably sober up soon.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If the console turns on in sleep mode then ntrboot isn't working (as distinct from, say, having the wrong file on your SD card). Hold Start Select X first, then briefly tap the power button, while still holding the buttons for 5-10 seconds before letting go. That should help.

If it still doesn't work, check that the start, select, and X buttons all work in games. You can use the seedminer method instead as linked by Dionicio.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: These videos are soooo dry