Hacking Try trading some save game files?

D

Deleted User

It looks like *.sav files are transferrable between Gateway cards! :grog:

But savegames from original genuine cards don't seem to work with Gateway.

Quicksilver88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like *.sav files are transferrable between Gateway cards! :grog:

But savegames from original genuine cards don't seem to work with Gateway.

Its becaue save games are being encrypted by the unique catridge ID of each cartridge....because we are all using the same scene dumped roms we are essentially all using the same catridge, therefore no need to decrypt/encrypt the file as long as we are using the same 'rom'

The 3DS decrypt/encrypt program was abandonned in 2011 most likely due to lack of interest....I am hopng that now that gateway is out someone who knows something about hash resigning will pick it back up and give us a new program to decrypt....I really want to be able to backup my own game saves with the r4 save dongle and then use them on gateway but currently this would only be possible if I could dump my own roms (which would also be cool).

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still do not know if the hash is in the ROM data itself though. It might be based on something else, but since the Gateway lacks the extra security features of retail carts, that's why it will work with other Gateways.

There actually is someone who knows how the encryption works and could probably write a decrypter easily but he's being a complete ass-hat and not helping the scene any. Something to do with "wanting to wait until the 3DS is end-of-life before releasing his hacks", stupid hackers with morals :hateit:

Quicksilver88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still do not know if the hash is in the ROM data itself though. It might be based on something else, but since the Gateway lacks the extra security features of retail carts, that's why it will work with other Gateways.

There actually is someone who knows how the encryption works and could probably write a decrypter easily but he's being a complete ass-hat and not helping the scene any. Something to do with "wanting to wait until the 3DS is end-of-life before releasing his hacks", stupid hackers with morals :hateit:

Hackers with morals is just an oxymoron.......now that roms can be run not much use for holding out so maybe he will atleast share his knowledge so someone else can assist the scene

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I think their goal is to not have Nintendo lose sales on 3DS games because everyone's just out to pirate them. But honestly, I think that's a load of crap... look what happened with the PSP, people still bought the system just to hack it and Sony's CEO even admitted they were making money on that.

But yeah, I think it's completely stupid too, but there you have it. You know how there's some information on how the file systems work, on sites like 3DBrew? Yeah, the guys who contributed that information (according to my sources, who I won't name) have already hacked the system inside and out and know exactly how it works... they just won't tell anyone else "for Nintendo's sake"

Makes me really angry, but what can we do about it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up