Zarkz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I just watched Trigun for the 1st time, and finished in 3 days.
Two words to describe it: Totally Kickass!
I loved the entire series, but I didn't really get the "plant" thing.
Your thoughts on the series?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nitrostemp said:
wow watching a anime from 12 years ago youve got some catching up to do
Then again, you can't blame people for finding things from the past that they find interesting. I love playing SNES games nowadays, does that bother you?

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
hell no i loved playing snes games and i still do, i loved watching trigun then watching it again in japanese

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
They had Trigun on Adult swim (or whatever the daytime variant was) years back on cartoon network, surprised more people haven't heard of it.

Like many anime series, it's not totally faithful to the actual plot (it diverges like halfway through), pick up and read the manga if you want know more about plants and vash's life and such, it continues for a lot longer.

Zarkz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Never heard of it, but that's just me. I might go give it a watch, though. Thanks for the tip!
Wait a minute...*looks at name* I'm onto you >_>
It's from 1998, but it's pretty awesome

Guild McCommunist said:
Watched the first episode and found the humor to be really lame. Never bothered picking up another episode after that. I personally prefer Gungrave or Devil May Cry for my "shoot shit up" anime.
The first 7-8 eps, he doesn't even use his gun much, but it gets better later on.

nitrostemp said:
If I haven't seen it, it's new to me

QUOTE(Rydian @ Feb 24 2010, 09:02 PM)
They had Trigun on Adult swim (or whatever the daytime variant was) years back on cartoon network, surprised more people haven't heard of it.

Like many anime series, it's not totally faithful to the actual plot (it diverges like halfway through), pick up and read the manga if you want know more about plants and vash's life and such, it continues for a lot longer.
Really? I can't seem to find Trigun on my usual manga sites, do you know of any sites where I can read them online?

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Zarkz said:
Slyakin said:
Never heard of it, but that's just me. I might go give it a watch, though. Thanks for the tip!
Wait a minute...*looks at name* I'm onto you >_>
It's from 1998, but it's pretty awesome

Guild McCommunist said:
Watched the first episode and found the humor to be really lame. Never bothered picking up another episode after that. I personally prefer Gungrave or Devil May Cry for my "shoot shit up" anime.
The first 7-8 eps, he doesn't even use his gun much, but it gets better later on.

nitrostemp said:
If I haven't seen it, it's new to me

QUOTE(Rydian @ Feb 24 2010, 09:02 PM)

Really? I can't seem to find Trigun on my usual manga sites, do you know of any sites where I can read them online?
Yes, just Google around a bit, I just found it. We can't link you as it's a licensed manga and it's against the rules. I have the whole series in my Anime folder and it's been there for a few months, I should probably start watching it soon.

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trigun is great, I own the box set but haven't watched every single episode. The first episodes were more appealing than the very last to me.

Also I have heard over the years that Gun Grave is the continuation of Trigun, so you might want to check it out.

Zarkz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Yes, just Google around a bit, I just found it. We can't link you as it's a licensed manga and it's against the rules. I have the whole series in my Anime folder and it's been there for a few months, I should probably start watching it soon.
Oh, ok. I think I found it anyways.

Amber Lamps said:
Trigun is great, I own the box set but haven't watched every single episode. The first episodes were more appealing than the very last to me.

Also I have heard over the years that Gun Grave is the continuation of Trigun, so you might want to check it out.
?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gungrave_(anime)
I don't think so, but thanks anyways

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
Amber Lamps said:

Ok Gungrave is not a continuation its its own whole series based on a different character, its not a bad show either, but it is not a continuation.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Amber Lamps said:

No it's not, you have a manga 'sequel' like thingy Trigun maximum if I'm correct (then again that follows the manga version of Trigun so I'm not sure 'bout the differences with the anime). While Gungrave is good as well, the stories are completely different (The only thing they have in common are guns). The story of Gungrave is in it's essence one of revenge and friendship, while that of trigun is one of bonds and the value of a life.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Vincent Valentine said:
Ok Gungrave is not a continuation its its own whole series based on a different character, its not a bad show either, but it is not a continuation.
You mean something like a "spiritual successor"?
QUOTE(Jaems @ Feb 25 2010, 05:37 PM) Most anime today sucks major ass.
You mean anime with service, lolis, and moe in every single episode every second of it?

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Jaems said:
nitrostemp said:
There's not much catching up to do.

Most anime today sucks major ass.

not really, there are a lot of good animes, probably in US there are less but in asia there are so many anime that you don't have time to watch 10% .
i got 2tb full of anime unwatched , really time consuming

BeatriceTheGolde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
tempchan.co.cc
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't like Trigun.

srsly, the ending was total bullshit. vash didn't even kill that other blonde loser whose name escapes me.

they also killed off wolfwood, which made me very angry.

the worst was when they showed vash's mutilated body. so much for slash fiction.

zhuzhuchina said:
not really, there are a lot of good animes, probably in US there are less but in asia there are so many anime that you don't have time to watch 10% .
Just because there's a lot of it, does NOT mean any of it is good. Name ONE good series from 2009.

Zarkz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BeatriceTheGolden said:
I didn't like Trigun.

srsly, the ending was total bullshit. vash didn't even kill that other blonde loser whose name escapes me.

they also killed off wolfwood, which made me very angry.

the worst was when they showed vash's mutilated body. so much for slash fiction.

zhuzhuchina said:
Just because there's a lot of it, does NOT mean any of it is good. Name ONE good series from 2009.
Vash didn't want to kill anyone, he killed Lagato because the girls wouldve died otherwise. Knives was his name. I didnt like Wolfwood dying either...That was to show the price he paid for being so lenient with is enemies.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didn't particularly like trigun, a couple episodes but its nothing amazing imo.

Zarkz said:
Guild McCommunist said:

they were the best episodes imo.

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
TheWingless said:
Vincent Valentine said:
You mean something like a "spiritual successor"?
Could be, but i know gungrave is about drug addicts and a big bad corporation who's selling it and fighting dead people, i only kinda remember what trigun is about, but both arent bad shows.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: they don't really taste like cotton candy but i guess they don't need to