• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

‘Transgender’ Could Be Defined Out of Existence Under Trump Administration

Freezerbomb

Likes tacos
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, for the sake of the argument, let's assume these 2 things:

1. God exists

2. I am gay or trans or non-binary or whatever

Are you saying God will punish me for something I have no control of? If so, he's an asshole and I see no reason to obey him.

What if you were a pedophile? Is that something that can be helped? Does that make it ok if you have no control over it?

Reactions: NZ_reg

Jhyrachy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What if you were a pedophile? Is that something that can be helped? Does that make it ok if you have no control over it?
First of all, we start breaking down what actual pedophile means:
The broader and 'ufficial' terms is: 'Pedohebephilia' and is devided in:
Infantophilia -> sexual preference for toddlers and infants (generally under 5 y/o)
Pedophilia -> sexual preference for PRE-PUBESCENT child
Hebephilia -> sexual preference for PUBESCENT
Ephebophilia -> sexual preference for POST-Pubescent

All of those imply sexual preference for a minor (under age of 18)

In the USA and some others country, often people mix all of them in an hot mess and group as 'pedophile' one who have sex with a 16 y/o without considering Her/his growth phase.

The first two, infantophilia and pedophilia are the worst because child of that age/growth do not feel the same sexual urges of adolescent and adults and their body is not developed enough to have safe sexual encounters.

If someone drop in this kind of definition, must not be persecuted if he/she never acted against anyone, but must be followed with a psychological help and often medicine to manage libido to prevent the act. If we shame people to hide until they no longer can control their urge, we are not doing anyone a favour.

The others two are less problematic, medically speaking, because often their body and mind is prone and ready to have sexual encounters, and the problem is just of the society, that's why in europe most country have a 14 y/o age of consent while the USA has an 18 y/o one. So if someone has a sexual preference like that, if the partner gave consent, there is nothing bad in consuming a relationship.

Last edited by Jhyrachy,

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y
As for giving hormones to kids it is a very hard one from where I sit, and the sort of thing we have medical ethics be something as involved as it is for. On the one hand it is a very hard decision and while someone might tell "I always knew" everything I know of developmental psychology says hold on now, to say nothing of the far from non zero "failure" rate in the living as part of the traditional hormones+living as+counselling model, and as also mentioned it is somewhat uncharted territory as far as resulting chemical effects* and even the cost of it all (not a cheap hobby). On the other then the resulting efficacy of treatment can be theoretically increased, to say nothing of potentially subjecting people unnecessarily to years, formative years at that, of unpleasantness.
I feel it should definitely be 18+ to consider hormones, we dont allow people to smoke, drink, sign a contractual agreement, but yet to make unalterable a decision that they may possibly regret (especially those that have parents that may be choseing for them). Also in male - female, the penis does not grow large enough to be inverted into a vagina if hormones are given too early (I'm pretty sure this is true, and not that i would agree if this wasnt the case, but its a argument that even the transgender community should be behind. And yes im sure some if not most are.).

Last edited by Ericthegreat,
Reactions: ShonenJump

Freezerbomb

Likes tacos
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, we start breaking down what actual pedophile means:
The broader and 'ufficial' terms is: 'Pedohebephilia' and is devided in:
Infantophilia -> sexual preference for toddlers and infants (generally under 5 y/o)
Pedophilia -> sexual preference for PRE-PUBESCENT child
Hebephilia -> sexual preference for PUBESCENT
Ephebophilia -> sexual preference for POST-Pubescent

All of those imply sexual preference for a minor (under age of 18)

In the USA and some others country, often people mix all of them in an hot mess and group as 'pedophile' one who have sex with a 16 y/o without considering Her/his growth phase.

The first two, infantophilia and pedophilia are the worst because child of that age/growth do not feel the same sexual urges of adolescent and adults and their body is not developed enough to have safe sexual encounters.

If someone drop in this kind of definition, must not be persecuted if he/she never acted against anyone, but must be followed with a psychological help and often medicine to manage libido to prevent the act. If we shame people to hide until they no longer can control their urge, we are not doing anyone a favour.

The others two are less problematic, medically speaking, because often their body and mind is prone and ready to have sexual encounters, and the problem is just of the society, that's why in europe most country have a 14 y/o age of consent while the USA has an 18 y/o one. So if someone has a sexual preference like that, if the partner gave consent, there is nothing bad in consuming a relationship.

Good, We seem to be on the same page. The majority of humans realize that desire to have sex with a child/baby is wrong, because it could harm them physically and psychologically. Having harmful desires does not make him/her evil. However, acting on them does.

I won't give an opinion on gender identities. However, if being trans does indeed do psychological harm, and it's something that could spread to others through influence, then there is most certainly a problem here.

If you haven't read about Mass Hysteria before, this is a good read.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_hysteria_cases.

Last edited by Freezerbomb,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Good, We seem to be on the same page. The majority of humans realize that desire to have sex with a child/baby is wrong, because it could harm them physically and psychologically. Having harmful desires does not make him/her evil. However, acting on them does.

I won't give an opinion on gender identities. However, if being trans does indeed do psychological harm, and it's something that could spread to others through influence, then there is most certainly a problem here.

If you haven't read about Mass Hysteria before, this is a good read.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_hysteria_cases.

I can't believe someone would be idiotic enough to compare being transgender with pedophilia.

Freezerbomb

Likes tacos
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe someone would be idiotic enough to compare being transgender with pedophilia.
I'm sorry that you were offended. I made no comparison between transgender & pedophilia. I was only applying osm70's principle about free will in a different situation to show the flaws in his logic. Although, calling someone idiotic is kinda rude. You should apologize.

Last edited by Freezerbomb,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The others two are less problematic, medically speaking, because often their body and mind is prone and ready to have sexual encounters, and the problem is just of the society, that's why in europe most country have a 14 y/o age of consent while the USA has an 18 y/o one.
Actually the age of consent in most US states is 16. Most also don't require parental permission or "close-in-age" statutes either.

Reactions: astronautlevel

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm sorry that you were offended. I made no comparison between transgender & pedophilia. I was only applying osm70's principle about free will in a different situation to show the flaws in his logic. Although, calling someone idiotic is kinda rude. You should apologize.
I apologize for reading this post and the one before and thinking that people react like hysterical crybabies. Even though getting defensive and reacting out of proportion when there was no attack can be considered not something particularly wise, there is no reason to stereotype all babies as hysterical crying beings.

Freezerbomb

Likes tacos
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize for reading this post and the one before and thinking that people react like hysterical crybabies. Even though getting defensive and reacting out of proportion when there was no attack can be considered not something particularly wise, there is no reason to stereotype all babies as hysterical crying beings.

Did you quote my post on purpose? Or are you talking to someone else?

What do you mean by defensive, attacks and crybabies? You're post seems a bit serious and emotional. I'm so confused.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you quote my post on purpose? Or are you talking to someone else?

What do you mean by defensive, attacks and crybabies? You're post seems a bit serious and emotional. I'm so confused.

You were quoted for the fact you got all upset and pissed and demanded an apology and said @sarkwalvein said you were idiotic when all sarkwalvein said was you made an idiotic comment which is totally different from being idiotic.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The facts: we know almost nothing definitive about gender

The spin: we do

The bad actors: profess we do with bad science and outright lies

The strategy: claim and profess agenda with authority until the other side is quiet

The result: the appearance of unanimity in facts despite lack of facts

This thread: endless stating useless information with no real dialogue. Both sides shouting but almost no one listening or intending to listen - with only a thin veneer of understanding.

The bigger picture: this may be seen as a microcosm of politics in every sphere, not just today, but throughout history.

Freezerbomb

Likes tacos
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You were quoted for the fact you got all upset and pissed and demanded an apology and said @sarkwalvein said you were idiotic when all sarkwalvein said was you made an idiotic comment which is totally different from being idiotic.

lol, I never got upset. In my country it's normal to ask for an apology when someone is rude. But I don't really care about that. I'm just going to stay away from this area of gbatemp from now on. It's too dramatic here.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The strategy: claim and profess agenda with authority until the other side is quiet

This thread: endless stating useless information with no real dialogue. Both sides shouting but almost no one listening or intending to listen - with only a thin veneer of understanding.

The bigger picture: this may be seen as a microcosm of politics in every sphere, not just today, but throughout history.

Wait, not so fast. When you say "The facts: we know almost nothing definitive about gender," this presupposes that 'gender' (as a thing separate from biological sex) is something real and that there are things to know about it, we just don't know about it yet. If you look back a couple pages to my post about John Money, this "gender" as a separate thing from a person's biological sex is just an idea that a very messed up individual thought up. Read about the sick shit he did and you'll understand why he thought it up.

So "The facts" are that some people believe this, some don't. Biology says there are two sexes, male and female.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the

I don’t know why that gender as a social construct is being pushed at all. Gender scholars should accept that they are wrong, and shouldn’t be called scholars. They don’t do any good scientific research and have an agenda they are pushing. People that take gender studies in colleges come out dumber then when they went in.

And college campuses have a liberal agenda they are pushing that is anti science. People go in and are exposed to propaganda. Many people leave academia because they are bullied for comming out with the facts. Theorists only act on theory, they don’t bother to read the research because that takes time and effort they don’t want to put in. People say there is an agenda because it’s true. Scientific research is being skewed because it makes people happy. You can thank feminism and transgender activists for this.

Thousands of studies document the effects of prenatal testosterone. Higher levels makes children more into more male typical behaviors. Lowers levels gives them more female typical behaviors and males have more female friends. It also affects sexual orientation. Even in animals, males that have lowers levels of testosterone have more female interests and are interested in male animals. If gender is a construct then sexual orientation is a choice. And I’m sure gender as a construct advocates won’t go there.

This is not to say environment does not play a role. Both environment and biology do. But environment does not override biology. A male that wants to play with female toys, parents can try all they want to encourage him to play with boys toys, but he is still going to prefer girls toys and when he gets older gravitate towards female typical occupations.

Last edited by SG854,
Reactions: CallmeBerto

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have no control over it, and have an uncontrollable urge to rape children, then you should be in a mental ward, and get chemically castrated before you're ever allowed to leave.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude WHATS THE DEAL WITH RELIGIOUS PEOPLE just let people live their lives, gotdang. Like gay marriage, why do people care so much that they had to make it illegal for almost 2,000 years? How does it affect them?

Reactions: AmandaRose

supersonicwaffle

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is all so confusing.
To tell you the truth, I haven't looked much into things as I simply have no interest in what people do with their lives unless it's unlawful.

Here's what my understanding regarding the topic is:
  1. sex and gender used to be used interchangeably
  2. the left has pushed to define sex as biological and gender as a social construct. The consequence would be that the terms aren't interchangeable anymore.
  3. a memo from the trump administration has been leaked that defines sex as a biological trait
Here's what I don't understand
  1. I haven't seen the memo but my interpretation is that it gives credit to sex and gender being seperate things and thus acknowledging what the left has been fighting for
  2. Left wing media (nytimes) is using sex and gender interchangeably, thus discrediting the idea that sex and gender are seperate things
  3. The OP is using sex and gender interchangeably, thus discrediting the idea that sex and gender are seperate things
  4. People make an argument here that the government has no business to define sex but gender needs to be defined to grant protection to transgender people. This doesn't make sense to me, please clarify. Would you agree that something that isn't regulated / defined gives you the liberty to do as you wish?
The way it currently looks to me is that people on the left really need to learn how to make an argument that doesn't undermine their cause!

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
OP
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah yes. Because a 30 or so something man wanting to take his dick out and fuck a 5 year old is totally comparable to someone being stuck in the wrong body.

Yep. Totally comparable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...