Hacking Transfer titles from PS3 4.76, to Vita Slim 3.55... Discontinued?

RyanRDLPS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp.
Not good news guys. And I think this needs documented for the community.

I reformatted the entire thing, memory card, and internal memory. Then I restored the unit.

After, I successfully connected to QCMA, then the PS3 to attempt the transfer.
No dice, still the same error. E-80558325. Which after some research, seems to indicate an activation error.

Called Sony and explained the issue and requested deactivating all my devices. I was able to confirm on their end as I deactivate/reactivated the PS3. Still didn't work. They stand firm that it's the update that's required.

Not sure if that's really what's going on, but regardless even fully reformatted I wasn't able to get the transfer going.

After a few days on this, I'm done fellows/gals. Too much work just for a larger screen for PSP titles. I'm reverting all my PSP ISOs back to my PSP GO, and
upgrading to 3.57 - I want my Uncharted GA trophies anyway :-p Vita is still a nifty little system that really shouldn't of failed :-(

Thanks for everyone's help with this! (Voxel especially!) Fun while it lasted! Here's to the community in finding an exploit post 3.57!

For the record:

PSVITA FW: 3.55 (Slim revision)
PS3: 4.76

Error: E-80558325

awalsh053

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks awalsh053.
You need to run the Vita Update blocker even if all network functions are off for transferring?
but u cant transfer if
Welp.
Not good news guys. And I think this needs documented for the community.

I reformatted the entire thing, memory card, and internal memory. Then I restored the unit.

After, I successfully connected to QCMA, then the PS3 to attempt the transfer.
No dice, still the same error. E-80558325. Which after some research, seems to indicate an activation error.

Called Sony and explained the issue and requested deactivating all my devices. I was able to confirm on their end as I deactivate/reactivated the PS3. Still didn't work. They stand firm that it's the update that's required.

Not sure if that's really what's going on, but regardless even fully reformatted I wasn't able to get the transfer going.

After a few days on this, I'm done fellows/gals. Too much work just for a larger screen for PSP titles. I'm reverting all my PSP ISOs back to my PSP GO, and
upgrading to 3.57 - I want my Uncharted GA trophies anyway :-p Vita is still a nifty little system that really shouldn't of failed :-(

Thanks for everyone's help with this! (Voxel especially!) Fun while it lasted! Here's to the community in finding an exploit post 3.57!

For the record:

PSVITA FW: 3.55 (Slim revision)
PS3: 4.76

Error: E-80558325
i just tested on my ps3 its working fine not sure what the issue is wish i could be more help

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

but u cant transfer if

i just tested on my ps3 its working fine not sure what the issue is wish i could be more help
let me know ill make a vid of the method if you like : )

RyanRDLPS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a parting shot, awalsh053, I tried your method.

Added proxy settings to PS3 wired network.
Didn't prompt for update after I connected (without QCMA) but did flag the same error.

Thanks though! :-D

I'm sure it has to be something on the activation end of the system. Which is just messed up in regards to how the customer systems are handled.
But, I do know I've isolated everything down to that. The full system was fully factory reset, memory card and all.

Is there someway to activate it without updating?
I thought you just pushed a game from PS3 to the system and that would do it?

awalsh053

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As a parting shot, awalsh053, I tried your method.

Added proxy settings to PS3 wired network.
Didn't prompt for update after I connected (without QCMA) but did flag the same error.

Thanks though! :-D

I'm sure it has to be something on the activation end of the system. Which is just messed up in regards to how the customer systems are handled.
But, I do know I've isolated everything down to that. The full system was fully factory reset, memory card and all.

Is there someway to activate it without updating?
I thought you just pushed a game from PS3 to the system and that would do it?
when u setup vita it asks for psn id and activates ....so when u did system format it should have activated upon setup

awalsh053

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
20160322_173247.jpg 20160322_173247.jpg20160322_173312.jpg 20160322_173347.jpg

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This discussion brings me back to 1994, remember the original computer viruses? They used to only target the portion of the hard disk the operating system doesn't write to.

If its a similar problem with the memory card you have for the psp vita, then you need to try another memory card in addition to bringing the psp vita back to factory defaults.

Don't give up to quickly, at least one user has already reported to you that reformatting worked, indicating it was a fragmented memory card that caused the connection issue. (Thanks to using emulators on the psp vita like the gba and snes emulators).

I don't have a ps3, i just have a psp tv on 3.55 firmware hacked when you could still do it without a ps3 being necessary, or else I would try to duplicate the problem here. ... ... ... ... "Go to staples or gamestop, or use a business on ebay, buy another memory card, then swap it with your memory card, make sure its the same size, etc., and then return it for a refund", just do it tomorrow, don't think, or else, when ever you get to it, just keep this in mind. (I did the "buy, swap, return" trick for a Nintendo Wii's memory card back in the day before I stopped caring about the Nintendo Wii).

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

RyanRDLPS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again everyone!
I hate to report this, but the minute I took everything into official 3.57 land, it transferred six games no issues.
It bugs me that I'll never know what the issue is, but the way the Sony rep was talking I think I was flagged on some small level.
I didn't get random errors, I got the same activation error over, and over. If anything, I say we take my sad story as a word of caution and watch for any other cases that may crop up.

I'll be there for the next exploit though!

I appreciate everyone's optimism, but I really think I'll be happier this way. :-)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

D

Deleted User

Oh man... You updated! >.>

There's an upcoming 3.57 kernel exploit being held back at the moment anyway, so you'll just have to wait for that if you want stuff like TN-V and ARK to work on your Vita again...

Also, I think there was a bit of misinformation being thrown around while I wasn't online (awalsh053, I'm looking at you :ph34r:). The Vita has to be deactivated to be able to perform a system reset (I think there are ways now to bypass the PSN login to do that) and then when you go through the setup process on your Vita again, it doesn't actually activate your Vita until you either log into PSN (which you couldn't have done on a lower FW without the update nag) or until you stick a USB cable into the PS3 and transfer something to your Vita. Nothing gets activated upon setup.

Honestly, in the end, I have no idea what went wrong there... I think you would've been fine if you had updated the PS3 instead of the Vita, because like I said, I could transfer things to and from my Vita completely fine. (Vita is on 3.30; PS3 is on 4.78 (latest FW)).

As long as you have got it to work now, that's all that matters. ;)

Last edited by , , Reason: Italicised important bits...
D

Deleted User

Haha. Thanks Voxel.
Much appreciated as always. Here's to the future of Vita customization!
Why don't you buy another lower FW Vita from, say, a second-hand store? That way, you get a (kind of) lower price than a new Vita, plus you can ask to see the Vita switched on so you can check the firmware before you buy. That's what I did with my Vitas. :D

I was lucky and found one on 3.01! But then I needed to use PSM Dev for Unity, so I updated through Minecraft to 3.15. Then I wanted to try the latest stable Rejuvenate hack, but that required 3.30, so I had to sacrafice the PKG installer for that and update to 3.30... :wink:

Last edited by ,

frosty5689

Trophies
XP
Country

There's an upcoming 3.57 kernel exploit being held back at the moment anyway, so you'll just have to wait for that if you want stuff like TN-V and ARK to work on your Vita again...

Also, I think there was a bit of misinformation being thrown around while I wasn't online (awalsh053, I'm looking at you :ph34r:). The Vita has to be deactivated to be able to perform a system reset (I think there are ways now to bypass the PSN login to do that) and then when you go through the setup process on your Vita again, it doesn't actually activate your Vita until you either log into PSN (which you couldn't have done on a lower FW without the update nag) or until you stick a USB cable into the PS3 and transfer something to your Vita. Nothing gets activated upon setup.

Honestly, in the end, I have no idea what went wrong there... I think you would've been fine if you had updated the PS3 instead of the Vita, because like I said, I could transfer things to and from my Vita completely fine. (Vita is on 3.30; PS3 is on 4.78 (latest FW)).

I encountered the exact same error code as RyanRDLPS. But a format of memory card and restore factory default fixed the problem.

PS3: REBUG 4.78.3
PS VITA: 3.52

Just leaving this as reference in case someone encounters the same problem as we did.

Reactions: Deleted User

awalsh053

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

sorry my bad your right it must activate when i copy games over from pc...but my point was he was doing somthing wrong transfer from ps3 works just fine...sorry for trying to help :gun:

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

sorry my bad your right it must activate when i copy games over from pc...but my point was he was doing somthing wrong transfer from ps3 works just fine...sorry for trying to help :gun:
haha, yeah sorry if I came out as a bit salty and overpowering there. :P

RomeoM

Trophies
XP
Country
when u setup vita it asks for psn id and activates ....so when u did system format it should have activated upon setup
Awalsh are you sure? Having same problem as the OP (asking for update when doing PS3 usb trick) and don't want to be stuck in a situation where I have to activate again...

First I want to try the update blocker but which system do I connect to proxy? The PS3 or the Vita with WiFi? Similarly apprehensive to connect to the PS3 with WiFi on.

awalsh053

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awalsh are you sure? Having same problem as the OP (asking for update when doing PS3 usb trick) and don't want to be stuck in a situation where I have to activate again...

First I want to try the update blocker but which system do I connect to proxy? The PS3 or the Vita with WiFi? Similarly apprehensive to connect to the PS3 with WiFi on.
the vita..after u start vita blocker and enable proxy on vita advanced settings click psn store on vita and minamize when u see activity on vita blocker then your good to connect to ps3 ...or this is how i do it anyway

RomeoM

Trophies
XP
Country
the vita..after u start vita blocker and enable proxy on vita advanced settings click psn store on vita and minamize when u see activity on vita blocker then your good to connect to ps3 ...or this is how i do it anyway

Amazing - worked first time.

A thousand thanks!!

Reactions: awalsh053

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT