Hacking Transfer saves from PS4 5.55 to CFW 5.05 - can it be done?

mUppenbart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well... this a "continuation" from an older thread (https://gbatemp.net/threads/any-way-to-transfer-save-data-from-ps4-fat-5-50-to-ps4-rro-4-55.499167/) so bear with me.

I got lucky and found a 4.70 ps4 (pro) which i updated to 5.05. It will replace my current 5.55 ps4 (pro) where i am a paying ps+ customer.

Most of my saves (from 5.55) i can live without, but Persona 5 (50+ hours savestate) isnt something i would like to start over.

Headache: Is it possible to transfer them saves, and how do i transfer those as smooth as possible?
Plan B: If not possible. Are there any saves for specific games that you can find online and use on 5.05?

I heard of a program called save wizard editor, but perhaps there are easier/cheaper/SMARTER ways for it to be done?

thxmatethx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i got another question for me :

from PS4 with 5.05 fpkg to another ps4 with 5.05 and same fpkg ?
since i need to change my PS4 FAT to SLIM

Thank you :)

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't have a direct experience, but even if we are talking about two inactivated consoles (i.e. ignoring a complication introduced with a Userid) I suspect the gamesaves are linked/encrypted with a PSid (again only a guess, I haven't verified). I never tried to restore a backed up gamesave but I think I've briefly read an user of this forum posting some instructions, unfortunately it seems I can't find the post...

Edit: found the post https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps4-restore-saves-5-05.505870/#post-8016206 if you need more details I'm sure @godreborn would be happy to help ^__^;

P.S. keep in mind he's explaining a restore to the same console so with two consoles YMMV

mUppenbart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Short answer: no.

At the moment official packages gamesaves aren't compatible with fake signed packages gamesaves, and vice versa.

Thank you for your time. I have backed up most important saves to my pc and will wait for a tool that lets me use them on 5.05. Persona 5 will have to wait.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch