Trading Card Games

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've got a few thousand Magic the gathering cards here, but I quit around the same time they started with mythic cards. The game is certainly fun, interesting and never the same, but man...it's so easy to keep spending money on it.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Cuz I bought the completed set. It was not cheap, lol.

edit: wow can't edit my post properly
Ah ok I thought you had them before it became expensive lol. There is also a cloth playmat released for it that's almost impossible to find at a reasonable price.

It's different than the paper one that they released.

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a few thousand Magic the gathering cards here, but I quit around the same time they started with mythic cards. The game is certainly fun, interesting and never the same, but man...it's so easy to keep spending money on it.

I stopped regularly buying Magic cards around the time 5th edition came out. They were pumping out new expansions like every 2 months, which isn't horrible in itself, but each expansion at the time was built on cards that could ONLY be countered IF you had that expansion...

An example are the Sliver cards....a type of creature that can ONLY be blocked by other Slivers...so if you didn't have that expansion, then you were likely to be taken out easily by someone using those cards. Now, if there were only a few cards, that'd be one thing..but it seemed like every single critter in that expansion was a Sliver...enough, at least, that you could build a deck with an entire army of the things and not a single non-sliver creature in it.

It's actually kind of funny. We complain about all the microtransactions and minimal content DLC pumped out by game companies these days.... Wizards of the Coast has been doing it for over 2 decades. :P At least with a DLC, you know what you're getting....paying $3 for a booster pack may yield you 8 cards you already had or that can't even be used (banned cards)

Last edited by 3DSPoet,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
An example are the Sliver cards....a type of creature that can ONLY be blocked by other Slivers...so if you didn't have that expansion, then you were likely to be taken out easily by someone using those cards. Now, if there were only a few cards, that'd be one thing..but it seemed like every single critter in that expansion was a Sliver...enough, at least, that you could build a deck with an entire army of the things and not a single non-sliver creature in it.
Not really. Slivers shared their abilities with all other slivers in play (no matter who controlled them). I believe that there was one that said that only slivers could block slivers. Meaning: (in theory) all you had to do was get rid of that one at a crucial time (e.g. during an attack in which they didn't anticipate being blocked).
You were probably thinking of shadow: the ability (of the same set, IIRC) that made the creature unblockable except by creatures with the same ability. The fact that they couldn't block other creatures wasn't much of a counterbalance.

D

Deleted User

i sometimes buy yugioh cards if i have extra cash, never had money in the past to buy the original starter decks. also bought 1 pokemon tin for lolz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn