Homebrew Question Total NOOB - CFW Help Needed - Extinguish Torches Please

Clockdryve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Purchased (2) Switch yesterday "NEW" from store - They both have firmware 4.1.0 and serials similar: XAW100670XXXXX I know their hackable from listings. WHAT should I do???? I hear about fuses-burnt and sometimes options not available (?) with some updates. *Appears as tho firmware 7.xxx is busted wide open now? I have not been to estore (cannot without updates of course) *I have plenty SD Cards (64mb, 128mb, 254mb). I want FULL benefits with hacks/jailbreak...CFW I have hacked the PSP (way back-jig battery and all) - PSPgo - Wii - PS2 but out of loop for many years. Seems as tho the Switch is a little more detail but manageable. I just need good advice so that I don't have to spend weeks trying to find current info - and then STILL wonder if I am cutting myself short with this FUSE thingy and all that. Any help = much respect. *****There are MORE NSwitch with these low numbers available (colored or gray joycon's) should I buy more???????????????? These are all XAW1's with low following numbers.

Also.... What should I NOT do once CFW is enabled. I would normally say "stay away from Nintendo" but is this fully necessary now with any certain bypass software (or boot into "normal" mode) ???

I have tools in the mail (jig) and screw drivers. Data cable available now.

I would like to eventually mod my right Joy-Con with the "release button" hack, enabling bootloader access. I will need a payload injector too.... One with multiple choice software injection. Any BEST suggestions??

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First you need to find out if you got patched unit or if you got one that you can run payload on them, if you got patched unit there is not much you can do with them.

Last edited by Hayato213,

Clockdryve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First you need to find out if you got patched unit or if you got one that you can run payload on them, if you got patched unit there is not much you can do with them.

Serial Numbers are at this area XAW100670XXXXX - these are not patched. *as mentioned in the original post. Thank You.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He already check if you read the beginning of his post... just saying :rofl2:

Well the post is pretty long, I would say tl-dr, I didn't really fully read it, since he certain it is unpatched, just run a payload like Hekate and he will know he can use CFW.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Serial Numbers are at this area XAW100670XXXXX - these are not patched. *as mentioned in the original post. Thank You.

Just push a payload via a pc or a rcm dongle, if you got a rcm jig lying around.

Tokacor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Purchased (2) Switch yesterday "NEW" from store - They both have firmware 4.1.0 and serials similar: XAW100670XXXXX I know their hackable from listings. WHAT should I do???? I hear about fuses-burnt and sometimes options not available (?) with some updates. *Appears as tho firmware 7.xxx is busted wide open now? I have not been to estore (cannot without updates of course) *I have plenty SD Cards (64mb, 128mb, 254mb). I want FULL benefits with hacks/jailbreak...CFW I have hacked the PSP (way back-jig battery and all) - PSPgo - Wii - PS2 but out of loop for many years. Seems as tho the Switch is a little more detail but manageable. I just need good advice so that I don't have to spend weeks trying to find current info - and then STILL wonder if I am cutting myself short with this FUSE thingy and all that. Any help = much respect. *****There are MORE NSwitch with these low numbers available (colored or gray joycon's) should I buy more???????????????? These are all XAW1's with low following numbers.

Also.... What should I NOT do once CFW is enabled. I would normally say "stay away from Nintendo" but is this fully necessary now with any certain bypass software (or boot into "normal" mode) ???

I have tools in the mail (jig) and screw drivers. Data cable available now.

I would like to eventually mod my right Joy-Con with the "release button" hack, enabling bootloader access. I will need a payload injector too.... One with multiple choice software injection. Any BEST suggestions??

Hey Buddy i am not much of a help cause im a noob with switch too ( did everything in the past too..ps3, wii, psp, wii u, 3ds) with this one i dont want to f.. up so im like you reading and reading anf keep appearing new stuff so im a bit lost so.... im a supporter of this question lol cause i want to know too :grog:

Reactions: Clockdryve

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
First, make a Nand backup.
Then, update the firmware to 6.2 with ChoidujourNX.
Get the keys with Lockpick.

Slap homebrew in your card.

Have fun.

Clockdryve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Have fun.

And it's just that simple (keys?).... NOOB walks away with smoke still rising above his numb, smoldering "ignorant" skull cap :-)
*I can see there's good info in there. Will check out your instructions. Thanks

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
And it's just that simple (keys?).... NOOB walks away with smoke still rising above his numb, smoldering "ignorant" skull cap :-)
*I can see there's good info in there. Will check out your instructions. Thanks
There has been a time where the proces was a bit daunting, yes.
Unless you really want to, you can't really brick a system using the tools provided.

Reactions: Clockdryve

Clockdryve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Have fun.
If I do an offline update to 6.2 using Atmosphere Payloader Dongle (NS-Atmosphere)
Can I go straight to 6.20 or do I need to first update to 6.0 or 6.1 first?

I'm on 4.1 right now (new-never updated or been online) *I read today that there are "rules" to OS updates offline(?)
Unless I read that wrong. ??? Can't just jump ahead into any subpart OS version - - -

I've been reading the install tutorial for NS-Atmosphere (can't link yet) and it says to install file 6.0.1 - the highest version at time of writing manual.
They have a little more current level OS link that is higher than they mention when going to that site.... OS includes 6.2.0 as highest available.

Is a very good manual *just not currently updated. Has KEYS instruction and probably most things needed to get underway for basics.

So can I just make it work with 6.2.0 for offline update or do I need to do the 6.0.1 OS first. Not sure since I don't know if they are taking into account any possible lags in their webpage manual and the linked OS downloads page......

Thanks

Last edited by Clockdryve,

Clockdryve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

codyjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're welcome. Also please don't forget to backup your NAND before you update! Use the manual for your dongle only for instructions on it's usage and how to update the payloads on it. As soon as you can get Hekate to run, backup everything. NAND, boot 0/1, everything.. Then copy that somewhere safe like an external hdd or at least to your computer.

Then you can boot up Atmosphere or ReiNX and use either of those to run ChoidujourNX and update to 6.2. I would choose to use the exFat option when you install it, even if you will never use it. That's just my opinion.

This is a good thread for reference.. https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/

Last edited by codyjo,

Tokacor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thank You

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Your icon (image) makes me laugh....with the bullet hole in the center of forehead. Hahahaha -cool-
Ohhhh lol is kinnikuman a wrestling character from a manga he is the main character, he have a mark or sign in the forehead cause he wear a mask...long story short watch some episodes lol is old like me :rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk