Hacking [Tool] Joy-Con Toolkit

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi there, yesterday I changed my repaired yellow (Wario colour) joy-con which it displays as red colour. And works perfectly I would include on requirements section to update as much as you can windows and of course joy-con firmware. On the other hand I wonder if it's possible to not just change all colours of the buttons but change them one by one. I bought a Snes Jap\Eur joy-con shell and it would be nice to have all the buttons with it's own colour scheme (red,blue, green and yellow) on both joy-cons. Is it possible or exists some firmware or hardware limitation to implement it in that way?

Great job with this tool. Regards
Nope console firmware only account for all colors, no individual one

Gumistret

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Sooo...
I didn't use AIO afterall, since my current Switch is still vanilla. I got into joycon_toolkit's source code instead and dare I say that this project looks COMPLEX !

I was able though, by improving on someone else's fork, to pull of a quick fix that should allow any pro controller to be detected properly (this fork also implemented support for third-party devices, but I didn't test it).

I basically have the coding knowledge of a fly looking at a bowl of alphabet soup so I am definitely not confident enough to provide a proper release, but to anyone that knows how to use visual studio, my fork can be found there.

Please note that I just messed with like 2 lines of code so my controller could connect and just tested editing its colors, I have NO IDEA if anything else works at all...

49bb0bca-099e-4bab-86a6-e958c4f6d9ec

(and no, that's not the color scheme I'm planning to keep xD)
Do you think it's possible to change the shape of the controller instead of changing the simple color? E.g changing the icon into the official snes online controller icon

DaisyBlaize420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I connected one of my 2 Joy-Cons and the message on the top-left center that says "Paired" but it's a different color scheme of my Joy- Cons and the Pro Controller.
I looked it on the Controllers section and the Joy-Con colors looks like Outer Space Joy-Con color scheme.
Post automatically merged:

I looked it on the Controllers section and the Joy-Con colors looks like Outer Space Joy-Con color scheme.
I really loved my Outer Space Joy-Con color scheme!

Last edited by DaisyBlaize420,
  • Love
Reactions: impeeza

PhotoEagle5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone know what my problem could be? using jctool 5.2, works fine with my left joycon but the right won't stay paired to the software long enough to update the colors (it seems like it immediately fails when the software opens, but it stays paired to my computer). When i try to write the colors i get the generic error that the controller disconnected. I got a custom shell and want the colors to match correctly in software.

Vaddum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just customized my joycons and discovered that I can change their color on Switch using this awesome tool. Thank you @CTCaer!

Do you plan to update your toolkit to resolve the grips color change issue caused by the last joycons firmware? 🙂

EngineerBot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, I'm unable to access the IR Camera tab despite my joycons having the camera on them. The cameras work natively on the switch so I'm not sure why I can't access the tab.

My joycons have the IR camera on them but for some reason, the tab is grayed out and unusable. They work on my actual switch too.

For some reason, I'm unable to access the IR Camera tab despite my joycons having the camera on them. The cameras work natively on the switch so I'm not sure why I can't access the tab.

My joycons have the IR camera on them but for some reason, the tab is grayed out and unusable. They work on my actual switch too.
Edit: It seems the program isn't linking to my right joycon, it only links to the left one.

Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto