Yeah! This is happenin'!
OP
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I've been looking for updates and DLC's for my games and found some by title ID. But in the page info it also shows several media ID's, all different from the title ID. What is the media ID? Is it version specific? If so, how do I find the correct ID? Thank you.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not entirely sure what the media id is for. however, I believe the media id for a multi disc game will be different for each disc despite the title id being the same. that's about the scope of what I know about the media id.

edit: media id may be different regions or revisions of a game as well.

Last edited by godreborn,
Reactions: pustal

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
OP
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm not entirely sure what the media id is for. however, I believe the media id for a multi disc game will be different for each disc despite the title id being the same. that's about the scope of what I know about the media id.

edit: media id may be different regions or revisions of a game as well.

So I shouldn't worry about it as long as the title ID matches?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it might be like a region or version id, because if you were to look up say black ops II on xbox unity, there's only one listing for the game. however, there are multiple media id's. I'm assuming the title id is the same for all regions, just the media id is different. I'm not entirely sure though, but I'd say that's a good guess as to what it's for. if that's the case, then it's important or the title update will not work.

I read that you can find media id in information in FSD and Aurora. if not, you might be able to find it with the http connection to your pc. there's a user name and password that you are tied to it (think the default for both is xbox, but I can't remember). you can change them (both will be visible when you go to change them, so you'll see what the default ones are). enable the connection btw. then, type in the ip address of the 360 in the address bar of your pc's web browser. you can do several things in here, such as change artwork, remove things from the hidden folder (i.e. other discs you may have hidden from multi-disc games), etc. I know it has title id at least, so I assume it has media id as well.

Reactions: pustal

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
OP
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I think it might be like a region or version id, because if you were to look up say black ops II on xbox unity, there's only one listing for the game. however, there are multiple media id's. I'm assuming the title id is the same for all regions, just the media id is different. I'm not entirely sure though, but I'd say that's a good guess as to what it's for. if that's the case, then it's important or the title update will not work.

I read that you can find media id in information in FSD and Aurora. if not, you might be able to find it with the http connection to your pc. there's a user name and password that you are tied to it (think the default for both is xbox, but I can't remember). you can change them (both will be visible when you go to change them, so you'll see what the default ones are). enable the connection btw. then, type in the ip address of the 360 in the address bar of your pc's web browser. you can do several things in here, such as change artwork, remove things from the hidden folder (i.e. other discs you may have hidden from multi-disc games), etc. I know it has title id at least, so I assume it has media id as well.

FSD only seems to show me Title ID. Where could I find the media ID FTP'ing to my console? Inside each game's directory?

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
OP
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
you could see with the http link (maybe). I'm not sure if it's in there or not.

You can :D I wasn't get it it was actually a webapp, that is super cool. Apparently Media ID only counts for title updates, not DLC. Apparently base version fo the game disc also varies and it's important but I don't see that anywhere. I wonder if there are different base versions on disc for the same media ID.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY