Homebrew Tiny Format Question

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,
I am using a N3DS on ReiNand. When I launch Tiny Format, there is no option to switch between which NAND is being formatted I have two questions:
1. When I press Y to format, does it only format the SysNand and leave the EmuNand alone? (or do I need to remove SD Card?)
2. When they are unlinked, doesn't that delete MenuHax? Would I have to launch ReiNand using BrowserHax every single time, or can I re-install MenuHax?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
1. It formats the NAND you are on. There is no way for your emuNAND to touch your sysNAND and vice versa. It's best to format your sysNAND though, since I assume you will be using menuhax autoboot.
2. You'll have to reinstall menuhax, but it's a painless process since you already know how to do it :)

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. It formats the NAND you are on. There is no way for your emuNAND to touch your sysNAND and vice versa. It's best to format your sysNAND though, since I assume you will be using menuhax autoboot.
2. You'll have to reinstall menuhax, but it's a painless process since you already know how to do it :)

Thank you for your help :)
My last question is...how to I launch Tiny Format while in SysNand? If I select Tiny Format on the home screen, it says I need to redownload it from the eShop and it disappears. It only allows me to open it if I launch after starting ReiNand and therefore bringing me to EmuNand. What should I do?

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using RxTools on my o3ds and was wondering about this too. I installed fbi and other apps that don't show up in home menu on sysnand by mistake and now I can't get rid of it

EDIT: using mini pasta + big blue box I was able to install tiny format and other apps in sysnand and they worked

Last edited by Blaze Uchiha,

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using RxTools on my o3ds and was wondering about this too. I installed fbi and other apps that don't show up in home menu on sysnand by mistake and now I can't get rid of it

EDIT: using mini pasta + big blue box I was able to install tiny format and other apps in sysnand and they worked
That's great that you got it working! Although me, being on a N3DS, I cannot use mini pasta, so how would I open Tiny Format on my SysNand?

P.S. I might as well ask this here - once they're seperated, do I sign my Nintendo ID into SysNand or EmuNand?

Last edited by vgplayer54,

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
That's great that you got it working! Although me, being on a N3DS, I cannot use mini pasta, so how would I open Tiny Format on my SysNand?

P.S. I might as well ask this here - once they're seperated, do I sign my Nintendo ID into SysNand or EmuNand?
Using the .3dsx version :)
or pressing "L" while reinand boot
or using rxtools since it works on sysnand too

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it's better to do it in emunand.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Having a new3DS doesn't exclude you from using Mini Pasta, you only need an entry point to load the HBL from.

or pressing "L" while reinand boot
Pressing L? I thought reiNAND no longer allowed booting into sysNAND, and when it did it wasn't by pressing L.

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you all for your help, I finally unlinked my NANDs!! But now it seems I am unable to reinstall Menuhax. (one thing after another right?) I boot into hbl via browserhax and attempt to install menuhax but it gives an error. If I attempt to install it from EmuNand, it says installed successfully but it does not work... Is it because they are unlinked?

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you get this sorted? If not, you just need to open the theme settings menu on your home screen once before installing MenuHax.

Also to your NNID question, you link it in EmuNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up