VidKid007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everypne,

I have two Micro sd Cards that are updated to the lastest CFW 0.19. They both have Tinfoil version 12 on them but one of them has R0 and the other one has R1 in the lower right corner of the screen when it is loading . I am wondering how I can update the R0 to R1. I really don't know how i got the R1 in the first place. I did notice that at one point Tinfoil did do an automatic update to version 12 but I am not sure if that included the R1 update as well as The Tinfoil with R0 is also at version 12. Both of my Tinfoils have the icons of the games that I have installed. Thanks in advance for any help in this matter:)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everypne,

I have two Micro sd Cards that are updated to the lastest CFW 0.19. They both have Tinfoil version 12 on them but one of them has R0 and the other one has R1 in the lower right corner of the screen when it is loading . I am wondering how I can update the R0 to R1. I really don't know how i got the R1 in the first place. I did notice that at one point Tinfoil did do an automatic update to version 12 but I am not sure if that included the R1 update as well as The Tinfoil with R0 is also at version 12. Both of my Tinfoils have the icons of the games that I have installed. Thanks in advance for any help in this matter:)
If the Switch is connected to the internet, then Tinfoil will auto-update itself. If you open Tinfoil while connected to the internet and then close it, it should be updated the next time you open it.

VidKid007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just relized That I cant connect to the internet with the microsd card that I am using for some reason I can connect using my other Microsd cards.

Last edited by VidKid007,

VidKid007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly what I said. For some reason my 256 GB MSD can connect to the internet but if insert my 512 GB card i get an error message saying that my switch can't connect to the server It was workin before. I don't know when it stopped working

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly what I said. For some reason my 256 GB MSD can connect to the internet but if insert my 512 GB card i get an error message saying that my switch can't connect to the server It was workin before. I don't know when it stopped working
There might be something in your CFW configuration that's messing with your internet connection. That would explain the disparity between SD cards.

VidKid007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have thought of that but I don't know how to fix it This is going to be a bitch but I guess I can copy everything over from the card that is working to the card that isn't except for the CFW folder

Krazyeye

Hellooo Nurse!
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Hello all, I need some advice. My current setup is FW14.1.1|1.3.1|S and have successfully installed Tinfoil v14.0 NRO Self-Installer and has been working great. I have all the new files (atmosphere 1.5.2, payload, sigpatch, tinfoil v16.0) ready to update to the latest CFW and update HOS to 16.0.2.

What is the best way to update Tinfoil to v16.0? Do I need to uninstall the old version then reinstall using Tinfoil v16.0 NRO Self Installer? Or don't uninstall (leave the Tinfoil icon alone) and just delete the old Tinfoil folder from SD card and replace with the new downloaded Tinfoil files? I also read that Tinfoil can auto-update if switch is connected to online.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Krazyeye,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As already said in this thread, it auto-updates. You can also use the self-installer. I wouldn't delete/remove the old version unless you have problems, because then you'll lose whatever custom/additional shops that you may have added. Not that it's difficult to add them again, but slightly annoying.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I need some advice. My current setup is FW14.1.1|1.3.1|S and have successfully installed Tinfoil v14.0 NRO Self-Installer and has been working great. I have all the new files (atmosphere 1.5.2, payload, sigpatch, tinfoil v16.0) ready to update to the latest CFW and update HOS to 16.0.2.

What is the best way to update Tinfoil to v16.0? Do I need to uninstall the old version then reinstall using Tinfoil v16.0 NRO Self Installer? Or don't uninstall (leave the Tinfoil icon alone) and just delete the old Tinfoil folder from SD card and replace with the new downloaded Tinfoil files? I also read that Tinfoil can auto-update if switch is connected to online.

Thanks in advance!

Tinfoil should be able to auto update itself.

Krazyeye

Hellooo Nurse!
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
As already said in this thread, it auto-updates. You can also use the self-installer. I wouldn't delete/remove the old version unless you have problems, because then you'll lose whatever custom/additional shops that you may have added. Not that it's difficult to add them again, but slightly annoying.
Thanks for clarification. Do I need to update system fw and cfw FIRST before updating Tinfoil auto-update via internet? Would Tinfoil v16.0 support older system fw and cfw? Just trying to figure out what I need to update first.

Last edited by Krazyeye,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not really. You don't NEED to update the firmware until you try to play a game that uses functions that don't exist in your current firmware. Even if it's marked for a higher firmware, Tinfoil can spoof the required version when installing (it's one of the options before you confirm the install of a game). But you NEED to update if you intend to use the official eshop, for example. Then again, if you don't update the firmware, there probably isn't a need to update tinfoil. It will just auto-update when required.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory