THQ Nordic and Nickelodeon to team up in order to "bring back" classic games

THQ-Nordic-556x340-555x339.jpg

Those who grew up with the kid's cartoon channel Nickelodeon in the 1990s and early 2000s might be excited to know that publisher THQ Nordic has teamed up with Nick in order to revive some older games that the original THQ company had published with them back in the day. Nostalgic video game adaptations of series like SpongeBob Squarepants, Rugrats, Fairly Odd Parents, Danny Phantom, and more were all listed as franchises that THQ Nordic has an interest in bringing back to consumers. Details about which games exactly, what platform, and the availability of this revival will be announced in the "coming months", according to the company.

The full list of planned game titles are:
  • Back At The Barnyard
  • Catscratch
  • Danny Phantom
  • El Tigre
  • Invader Zim
  • Jimmy Neutron
  • My Life As A Teenage Robot
  • Rocket Power
  • Rocko's Modern Life
  • Rugrats
  • SpongeBob SquarePants
  • Tak And The Power Of JUJU
  • The Fairly OddParents (US only)
  • The Ren & Stimpy Show
  • The Wild Thornberrys

This one hits close to home! We are very proud of signing this agreement, which was originally executed by the “former” THQ Inc,” comments Adrienne Lauer, VP Digital Sales & Business Development Americas at THQ Nordic. “We believe the combination of strong licenses and solid, crisp gameplay was one of THQ Inc’s trademark strategies, and we intend to continue this tradition. I am confident we chose one of the strongest partners for doing just that. It is a perfect fit for our “asset care” strategy: bringing back fan-favorites, continuing to support legacy games and make them available on current and even next-gen platforms.

:arrow: Source

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean...I guess? I can't see them selling overly well so this is a bit odd. But I'm fine with updating old games, helps preserve a bit of that gaming history. Just an odd page to preserve.

InfiNote

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, what? Noooooowht eh rev goalies sgifdohdixbxohdixoxohf9ohdrjpeoyehdh9f8vjchodpjfohsgsigsgosydgdhxgocgixgicix7txgixogcohchcx Fuck.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
TAKE MY MONEY
hell no the ps2/gc game was awnful, i dont see anyone buying a hd remaster of that mess.
only spongebob and tak and power of juju had decent games so im here hopping for some of them, the rest of the ips got games that were under 50% rating...

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
About half a year ago i made some wiiu boxcovers for the GameCube. More specifically the letter's'. I honestly thought nobody even gave onetoss about those stupid spongebob squarepants games even back when they were new GameCube games. By reading this thread, i stand corrected. Apparently. :unsure:

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it is not nickelodeon, but it would be awesome if they bring back Scooby doo night of the 100 freights. Game is an amazing metroidvania.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmmmmmm....... not bad i want to see that sponge bob mutil player game....

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry when I read back at the barnyard my ptsd kicked in strong
Barnyard for Nintendo Gamecube is the worst game I have ever played

On another hand, Battle for Bikini Bottom was actually pretty good for a game based on a show for kids. Those usually suck

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New games would be fine, but guys, I remember those games being shit.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't think so, I remember my brother playing it.
ok thx
but i do remember a spongebob game on gba that was based on the movie

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we know which games in the series are getting the remakes/ports?

Also, I wonder if they'll be individual releases, or more likely, in some sort of Nickelodeon collection ala Disney Afternoon Collection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...