Gaming Thoughts on the New Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire Remakes

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If so, I hope they are planning an update/patch to add more megas. Nintendo has shown improvements in this section (Mario kart for example). But you know... It's up to Gamefreak...

Definitely not gonna happen. Gamefreak is still years behind in everything. They already refuse to patch XY to include new megas. Besides their GTS system is still pretty much crap and they are doing it since gen 4.

Reactions: TecXero

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
If so, I hope they are planning an update/patch to add more megas. Nintendo has shown improvements in this section (Mario kart for example). But you know... It's up to Gamefreak...

The fact that they refused to patch in new megas for battle compatibility in XY
(and the fact that there is no clothes customizing in ORAS)
will simply mean that present megas are "exclusive",

And any newer megas will be "exclusive" to the future's newer games.

Sigh.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Sigh.

not to mention you can't store items on pokemon bank so yeah... no mega stones unless newer gens give them.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
not to mention you can't store items on pokemon bank so yeah... no mega stones unless newer gens give them.

Yeah!

If only they will allow cross gender importing of certain items, at the very list.
It's annoying to re-hunt Adamant, Lustrous and Griseous orb in every generation.
Oh that and berries. I like growing them. Don't like re-locating them.

Heien

Trophies
XP
Country
If there isn't a toggle for sneaking, there needs to be one. It's really annoying. Other than that i really likes the game more than x/y. Though i'd still prefer playing emerald.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
If there isn't a toggle for sneaking, there needs to be one. It's really annoying. Other than that i really likes the game more than x/y. Though i'd still prefer playing emerald.

The 'only toggle' is using the circle pad to slowly creep up on them. (it's in the demo)
You can even 'freeze' in motion.

Something akin to phenomenon (gen V) happens.
Grass ruffles, and you slowly creep to the grass, and press A.

Hence, skates are apparently gone.
So, hold B to run.

Sp1R1t

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It's awesome that you can move to every direction with the circle pad. In X,Y the movement is limited to 8 directions.

I'm curious about the connection between omega ruby/alpha sapphire and gen V games. If you have to transfer pokemons to x,y and then to omega,alpha it's gonna be really annoying...

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It's awesome that you can move to every direction with the circle pad. In X,Y the movement is limited to 8 directions.

I'm curious about the connection between omega ruby/alpha sapphire and gen V games. If you have to transfer pokemons to x,y and then to omega,alpha it's gonna be really annoying...

ORAS is part of Gen VI.
Once Pokebank is updated, just transfer in the same fashion.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

that question was already solved a year ago with pokemon bank....
Upload from BW2 to Pokemon Bank and these pokemon will be accessible to all games that came after gen 5.
Also XY wont be compatible with ORAS 100%

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Sigh.

No clothes customizing and separated Poké Center/Mart makes sense, it is a remake, not a brand new game.
Still, GameFreak still is behind in time (Why won't they update XY for ORAS Megas? It doesn't make any sense at all)

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
No clothes customizing and separated Poké Center/Mart makes sense, it is a remake, not a brand new game.

Even though its a remake,
they are using the X&Y platform for the remake.

They could always have a stall at lilycove or something.

It's not like they never changed things in towns of remade, look at HGSS.

Still, GameFreak still is behind in time (Why can't they update XY for ORAS Megas? It doesn't make any sense at all)

Also it's not that they can't, it's they won't.

Sigh :/

Reactions: porkiewpyne

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Even though its a remake,
they are using the X&Y platform for the remake.

They could always have a stall at lilycove or something.

It's not like they never changed things in towns of remade, look at HGSS.

Also it's not that they can't, it's they won't.

Sigh :/

Fixed.
Anyway, I don't agree with the changing clothes on ORAS, because there already is a ready and well known design by everyone.
(Well, did GameFreak confirm that there won't be cloth changing? Maybe the demo doesn't have it)

Reactions: Queno138

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For some Reason Gamefreak loves to delete fan favorite features in their future games.
I really don't get why. Are they trying to make their games look more unique or what?

Fixed.
Anyway, I don't agree with the changing clothes on ORAS, because there already is a ready and well known design by everyone.
(Well, did GameFreak confirm that there won't be cloth changing? Maybe the demo doesn't have it)

It was already confirmed that there wont be clothing by a news site by someone who wrote a article on the first 30 minutes of the game. The demo obviously didn't have it. You can't even enter the pokemon center there.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Fixed.

I think I saw it here:

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/10/1...-sapphire-wont-include-trainer-customisation/

For some Reason Gamefreak loves to delete fan favorite features in their future games.
I really don't get why. Are they trying to make their games look more unique or what?

It was already confirmed that there wont be clothing by a news site by someone who wrote a article on the first 30 minutes of the game. The demo obviously didn't have it. You can't even enter the pokemon center there.

Yeah, they do that all the time. le sigh.

Reactions: matpower

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really like the setting of OR/AS. It's so dark green and dark blue! My favourite colours... Though seriously, why isn't the whole game in 3D? Were they seriously lazy enough to repeat the same mistake they did with X/Y? The battles are even laggier than X/Y when played in 3D, too!

Sp1R1t

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If it was fully in 3d it would be laggy. The specs of normal 3ds can't stand it. If it was going to be realised for the the new 3ds only, maybe, it should work with fully 3d.

To tell the truth, I don't really care about the 3d feature. In the most of the cases I turn it off...

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If it was fully in 3d it would be laggy. The specs of normal 3ds can't stand it. If it was going to be realised for the the new 3ds only, maybe, it should work with fully 3d.

To tell the truth, I don't really care about the 3d feature. In the most of the cases I turn it off...

Me too but I still want the game to stop lag without 3D on. There are enough instances where this happends and is super annoying.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Still, GameFreak still is behind in time (Why won't they update XY for ORAS Megas? It doesn't make any sense at all)

Your logic is invalid, if we look that way then there would be no reason to have new Mega-evolutions,
primal forms, been able to fly on Latios/Latias and all the new cool stuff they added.

Reactions: CathyRina

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Your logic is invalid, if we look that way then there would be no reason to have new Mega-evolutions,
primal forms, been able to fly on Latios/Latias and all the new cool stuff they added.

...True
Anyway, the demo is full of implications and innuendos or it is just me?
(I also can't accept how they threw Primal Reversion in the main series as something stronger than the Mega Evolution, heck, if that is the case, why did GameFreak decide to make the Mega forms instead of Primal forms...?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...