Gaming There should be an Advance Wars sequel with WIFI

primeblue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's meant to be.
There's enough online AW communities and junk, there's even a web-based clone for online play.
Even if it was the same AWDS re-released with WIFI features, I'd buy it. Twice.

SYN7HOR

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yep. Advance wars is insanely good. Can you give me a link to the webbased version you mention? EDIT: Found it -> http://awbw.amarriner.com/

The online support for Nintendos stuff is farking appaling. I bought that USB connector, and I've barely used it. Friend codes? wtf is up with that?

primeblue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah that's the one, AWBW. Just found out about it, and have played a couple of games. But since it's web based, it phails at smoothness, and games can get insanely long.

I've only played wifi Metroid Prime and Mario Kart so far. On the first one, some untouchable hacker bastard pwned me. On the second one, everyone pwned me because I'm not used to that jump turbo thingy lolz

Kamgusta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I think AW are the best games for GBA and DS.

Everything about a sequel is under NDA.

But if there is NDA, it means there is something not to talk about... *hint* *hint*

Mr.Curlynose1

HI ASL PLS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You guys could just wait until someone makes a DS tunneling solution.
smile.gif

AWESOME_noob

Trophies
XP
Country
I think the sequel to Advance wars DS should be a more futuristic set up with lasers, mines, futuristic hoverjets, mech walkers, hover tanks..etc (can you tell i play Battlefield 2142 a lot on the PC?)
bow.gif

primeblue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see how much they can keep expanding the mechanics from the last three games, I mean, 27 different and yet almost-balanced COs it's quite a lot.
asdasd I just with AWDS won't be the last we'll see from this series on this console...

btw, what's "tunneling"? If you mean making DS wireless playable over the internet like I've heard they do on the PSP, well, that'll be even better than a sequel
biggrin.gif

AppleJuice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Off-topic:

The online support for Nintendos stuff is farking appaling. I bought that USB connector, and I've barely used it. Friend codes? wtf is up with that?
I hear a bunch of people saying similar things about WIFI but I've really enjoyed my experience of it in Mario Kart, Metroid Prime Hunters, Star Fox Command, Bomberman Land Touch, Gekitou Custom Robo, Tetris and especially in Animal Crossing.

Admitedly without friend codes you'll inevitably run into people who a) are frustratingly good b) rely on exploits or c) just plain hack. But if you've got a few friends who own DSs somewhere in the World then you can have a lot of fun with friend code battles....I dunno maybe that's just me.

Incidentally, not all games are plagued with problems like these: I haven't heard any bad things about the WIFI in Club House Games and Gekitou! Custom Robo hasn't fallen prey to exploits or hackers. There's nothing wrong with getting an ass-kicking from someone who is genuinely better than you at the game.

On-Topic:

Yeah a WFC version of Advance Wars would be brilliant and I think the developers would be insane not to include it if and when they make another sequel to this long running series. On a similar note I'd love to see a Super Robot Taisen game in English on the DS with WIFI...now that's something to wish for (although I've no idea how it could be balanced).

EDIT: um...had to do some OCD tidying.

crafton48

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Off-topic:

I hear a bunch of people saying similar things about WIFI but I've really enjoyed my experience of it in Mario Kart, Metroid Prime Hunters, Star Fox Command, Bomberman Land Touch, Gekitou Custom Robo, Tetris and especially in Animal Crossing.

Admitedly without friend codes you'll inevitably run into people who a) are frustratingly good b) rely on exploits or c) just plain hack. But if you've got a few friends who own DSs somewhere in the World then you can have a lot of fun with friend code battles....I dunno maybe that's just me.

Incidentally, not all games are plagued with problems like these: I haven't heard any bad things about the WIFI in Club House Games and Gekitou! Custom Robo hasn't fallen prey to exploits or hackers. There's nothing wrong with getting an ass-kicking from someone who is genuinely better than you at the game.

On-Topic:

Yeah a WFC version of Advance Wars would be brilliant and I think the developers would be insane not to include it if and when they make another sequel to this long running series. On a similar note I'd love to see a Super Robot Taisen game in English on the DS with WIFI...now that's something to wish for (although I've no idea how it could be balanced).

Only play Metriod Prime Twice and both times were against hackers. With animal crossing it's fairly easy to remain hacker free because you have the choice of letting people in your towns, and marioKart the biggest problem is with people who drop out.

I think with AW on wifi I can just see myself playing a game against someone for an hour then they drop out because they are about to lose, some people just can't stand to get any losses on their accounts.

Wifi on the DS is never gonna be perfect anyway, there needs to be a way to patch games against expliots and hackers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: These videos are soooo dry