Emulation Feedback There Are Sega Saturn PC Ports?

PacBunnyXV07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently games like Panzer Dragoon, House of the Dead & Daytona USA were on Windows 95/98 and was wondering if its possible to run on the Vita? (Was gonna make this post if there was a NiGHTS PC port but whatever)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know the Vita abilities here but as this will presumably have to be put through the Dosbox port it has then it will have a limit of what it emulates, and the specs for those games should be available (while mostly a work of optimistic fiction they are not going to be too radical). Based on what I have seen on similar but less powerful systems and extrapolating it is going to be tight.

Sega PC ports of that vintage were quite odd affairs as well (granted Square/Square Enix was worse), and the general status of such things at that time was also a bit mixed -- some things might need Windows to run or have a sharply limited DOS version, and graphics card requirements (as opposed to playable in software but won't look as nice) also started to creep in. Whether the bugs can be fixed by modern patches (there is a reason most seek the console versions of these games, though I am routinely surprised by what I see out in the world -- what some people have done with the PC ports of the PS1 era Final Fantasies I am quite impressed with, especially once you get past the drama) or have optimisations happen I don't know.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ PacBunny :
make it sense to post here ?

Enemy Zero original version Sega Saturn 1996, later there was a PC version released in 1998. Its a true perl.

This is my number one to get it working on the vita system, but currently no emulator fast enough.
Its from the toymaker of 'D' Warp Inc. Otherwise Sega Saturn is highly interesting with its own engine and all the exclusive games. Powerslave is also interesting, since PC and PSX copy all 3 of them has high differences. Also of course House of the Dead 1. Quake has also differences and its not the same like the PC version. There is many great stuff.

Anyway you need for every game a source code, otherwise its need emulated. So I dont think this will work in future. Even the PS4 can not perfect handle Saturn. And mostly no other console can handle it to. Saturn is the hardest emulated console ever.

PacBunnyXV07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ PacBunny :
make it sense to post here ?

Enemy Zero original version Sega Saturn 1996, later there was a PC version released in 1998. Its a true perl.

This is my number one to get it working on the vita system, but currently no emulator fast enough.
Its from the toymaker of 'D' Warp Inc. Otherwise Sega Saturn is highly interesting with its own engine and all the exclusive games. Powerslave is also interesting, since PC and PSX copy all 3 of them has high differences. Also of course House of the Dead 1. Quake has also differences and its not the same like the PC version. There is many great stuff.

Anyway you need for every game a source code, otherwise its need emulated. So I dont think this will work in future. Even the PS4 can not perfect handle Saturn. And mostly no other console can handle it to. Saturn is the hardest emulated console ever.
I have you ignored

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Apparently games like Panzer Dragoon, House of the Dead & Daytona USA were on Windows 95/98 and was wondering if its possible to run on the Vita? (Was gonna make this post if there was a NiGHTS PC port but whatever)
I had plenty of those back in the day, Sonic R and Sonic 3D Blast (slightly different versions but still based off the Saturn games) as well as Virtua Cop 1&2 and Sega Rally Championship to name a few.

Technically there is a PC port of NiGHTS Into Dreams for PC via Steam but it’s based off the PS2 remake and was released in 2012.

I actually have both Sonic games patched to run on modern PCs but unfortunately not House of the Dead which is one I greatly miss.

Last edited by sonictopfan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids +1