Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the last year or so we had the vampire fad (or Fagpire fad as nobody called it but me) and to be honest aside from True Blood most of the stuff that came from it was terrible. This year is set to be the Zombie fad with many many films in the make as well as a TV series version of The Walking Dead.

Another fad is reworking certain histories or books and adding zombies. There is Pride & Predujice & Zombies (first a book and to be a film soon) and soon there will be a movie called Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, what is next?

379L1-193x300.jpg

Its already a book and now its being optioned to be made into movie...Ono won't be pleased with this, especially when she hears how The Zombie Beatles end in this.

Sypnosis from Deadline:
QUOTE said:
Written as oral history, the book details how Lennon, a zombie guitarist in Liverpool, kills and reanimates McCartney, then does the same with Harrison and Starr. They create hits and bloody mayhem across the world, pursued by England's greatest zombie hunter, Mick Jagger. They also engage in a battle with Eighth Level Ninja Lord Yoko Ono, and snack on the brains of swooning fans.

The Ono bit is genius.

Sourcey

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only just heard of it, its not out until June anyway.

Hoping it'll be as much fun as the Powerpuffs Girls episode "Meet The Beat Alls"

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm definitely gonna pick the book up when it comes out. Was just reading the site you linked to. One of the links in the comments leads to a sneak preview, looks really well written. I've never seen that Powerpuff girls episode either, will have a shifty at it!

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wtf.gif
is this already available? I'll go buy this up now! Is this from the same person who did pride and the prejudice with zombies?

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its out June 22nd in the US anyway, elswhere I can't find a date. Its written by someone else.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Sounds like a plot from an Ugly Americans episode, can't wait.
They have tons of material to do something great, Zombies with LSD, Maharishi Mahesh Zombie, you name it.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I like Zombies more than Vampires but not as much as Pixies. As far as the book, I saw it in several book stores about a month ago, funny thing is, I decided to read the Dracula sequel before this one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson