The price of games on the switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by NEO-BAHAMUT-, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Agent McMuffin

Agent McMuffin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2015
    United States
    Sooo, I'm assuming it's not safe to buy those 15 dollar games on Amazon? The sellers just launched, so I'm sure they are just scammers.

2. Risingdawn

Risingdawn Tempallica

May 22, 2010
    United Kingdom
    I did the same and nearly fell off my chair, with exchange rate the digital version works out at about £32 so I'm thinking it will be £35 on eshop next Friday.

I'm still on the fence about getting it tbh.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I would assume the product description is a required read on those listings lol, probably an insert from the game or an online strategy guide or some such con.

3. blujay

blujay GBATemp's Official Warthog

GBAtemp Patron
    blujay is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
    idk how much XBOne games cost in Europe, but in the U.S. nearly every physical game that is either just physical or has a digital counterpart is $60

4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Two words. "DEM CARTS" Either that or just the publisher being unreasonable (By consumer perspective) Blaster master zero is a 10$ game on eshop. Nice price and glad since i been wanting the game in november. :P

Now 1-2-switch? Why oh ******* WHY IS It 60$ for what can be considered a TECH DEMO? O_O

IS quite possible is meant to be a WII SPORTS like game or NINTENDO LAND like game. WIth the main purpose is to advertise and show off the latest technology that you so constantly brag about... HD RUMBLE.... JOY CONS.... $50 controllers! I also need to remind you nintendo land is the same idea and also wasn't a pack in game, separate purchase for $60

I am setsuna, i would have bought this game, square enix, says is based on chrono trigger, one of the best games for SNES. But is digital only and $40 If it was $20 i may have gotten it right away. Guess i'll be waiting for a sale.

I said this once and i'll say it again. SUPER BOMBERMAN R SHOULDN'T BE $50. It should be less than $25 at least no more than $20 That is a game that hasn't been out for over a decade and all of a sudden konami releases it for $50? It shouldn't even have been cart status, it should just been a $20 or less digital only game. Yeah maybe it cost a lot to produce with voice acting and the graphics and all but a game that hasn't been in production so long is pretty bold to just jump out at such a high MRSP

Neo geo game ports? Is just a.... game port. 8$ i guess is okay but what does it offer? Is it online modes like the ps4 games? I hope so, SNK been trying to resell old Neo geo games for long time instead of just making more, i'm sure they close to getting bankrupt with this kind of thing. MAKE A NEW METAL SLUG OR SOMETHING. ANYTHING.

The accessories and other equipment for the system is expensive enough. extra joy cons, $50 pro controller $70 extra ac adaptor (Which i recommend so you don't have to keep switching the dock and system) $30 Cause of stuff like HD rumble, built in NFC for amiibo (INTO THE ANALOG STICK) and Infered sensor. How fast before they even forget that stuff is part of the system? I hope is not as fast as they forget wii u game pad was part of wii u main selling point. :glare:

5. Maluma

Maluma GBAtemp Regular

Sep 26, 2016
    United States
    Nintendo takes the "milking" to a whole different level though.

6. DarkIrata

DarkIrata GBAtemp Fan

Jun 12, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Actually not. Yes Nintendo do make the price a little bit higher since some fked up rules they set, but the base price is still set by the team behind the game.

7. ktomi96

ktomi96 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2015
    Hungary
    Tura, Hungary
    Yeah nintendo set up a policy physical games will cost as mutch as the game on the eshop.There is controversy between game devs if they even want to relese games or cartridge or rather they should be digital download only.

8. blujay

blujay GBATemp's Official Warthog

GBAtemp Patron
    blujay is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
    I personally would rather have them be cartridges. Being able to collect cartridges really makes for a good story.

9. ktomi96

ktomi96 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2015
    Hungary
    Tura, Hungary
    Yeah me too ,but thats why binding of isac costs so mutch.Even devs tried to compensate with adding stickers and the guide book.

10. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
  11. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
  12. Mr. Wizard

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
  13. ktomi96

ktomi96 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2015
    Hungary
    Tura, Hungary
    Nintendo stated every game cart is region free -> so it has english support.

14. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    It's a newly launched console with a small library. What do you expect?
    The games are "new" on the Switch so they sell them as such. Not really that surprising. Most will drop fast, like 1,2 Switch since it's just a shit tech demo they moronically didn't bundle with the console. I bet it sold like garbage. Most game prices drop when sales drop...except Nintendo games, they usually stay high for ages.

15. Mr. Wizard

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
    Region free means it will "play" on any console, not that it will have localization.

Going by your logic, every game would have to support every regions language, which they do not.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard, Mar 19, 2017
    Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  16. Farz_

Farz_ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2016
    United States
    Earth
    As time passes, Nintendo starts to become more like consoles like Xbox and PlayStation. Kind of understand why doe because Xbox and PlayStation were making the most profits but now the switch is on a whole new level, lets just hope they don't start charging us to pay for online.

17. ktomi96

ktomi96 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2015
    Hungary
    Tura, Hungary
    Yeah i know what it means. Btw its around 8:40 .They stated here too,also one game dev said they just need to send one version of the game for the whole word ,hence all of the language files should be same for japanese relese as the eu one.

18. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Not that i object to that idea but that also mean that every game will be released worldwide on same day, and huge delays to localize all of the languages. Most games seem to focus on english and japanese languages, while maybe true and a shame, is very rare that some other languages get in on that mix. Seem like japan and english are primary languages for some reasons.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You're a bit late to hope for that, they already said they will have online paid services, by the end of this year. Right now is free and beta until the sometime in fall.

19. ktomi96

ktomi96 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2015
    Hungary
    Tura, Hungary
    Yeah as japanese and english speaking countries are the major market for nintendo.Its not a big suprise.

20. Mr. Wizard

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
    I guess that's why puyo puyo tetris doesn't have english eh? How does it feel to see your world come crashing down around you?