Gaming "the ordinal 681 could not be located..." Help?

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I installed this program called "Seven Remix XP". It said I had to restart, and so I did. After the computer rebooted , I logged on on it came up with pop-up saying:
Code:
The ordinal 681 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I can't even access "explorer.exe".]

I can only load Task Manager and Google Chrome.

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sausage Head said:
What exactly does this program do? I only saw something about it on DeviantArt, but it was very vague.
And what OS are you using?
It just customizes XP to look like Seven
I am using Windows XP.

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aiRWaLKRe said:
The dll might of become unregistered try

in a administrator level command prompt

regsvr32

http://ss64.com/nt/regsvr32.html
After I do all this, I get a pop-up showing,
CODEC:\Windows\System32\ietutil.dll was loaded, but the DllResisterServer entry point was not found.

This file can not be registered.

So what do I do now?

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
RoboticBuddy said:
aiRWaLKRe said:
The dll might of become unregistered try

in a administrator level command prompt

regsvr32

http://ss64.com/nt/regsvr32.html
After I do all this, I get a pop-up showing,
CODEC:\Windows\System32\ietutil.dll was loaded, but the DllResisterServer entry point was not found.

This file can not be registered.

So what do I do now?

It means there`s not such function in the library you have already.

IIRC ietutil.dll belongs to internet explorer.

So either you have a old version of internet explorer, and need to upgrade, or your current Windows XP distribution doesn`t meet the minimal requirements the app requires. (Upgrade Windows XP to PRO SP3..)

And looks like its iertutil.dll not ietutil.dl

Download it here, then start in windows protected mode (F8 at startup)

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?iertutil

Then replace iertutil.dll in DRIVE:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/.

But again, perhaps your IE version seems too low. Upgrade to IE8 (Or IE7 of you`re on windows XP)

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blank.gif

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, the install for IE8 did not complete, only came out with this:

Code:
Internet Explorer installation did not complete

Setup could not verifty the integrity of the file Update.inf. Make sure the Cryptographic service is running on this computer.

Okay first of all, where is "Update.inf" located?
Second, what is the Cryptographic service?

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
RoboticBuddy said:
Okay, the install for IE8 did not complete, only came out with this:

Code:
Internet Explorer installation did not complete

Setup could not verifty the integrity of the file Update.inf. Make sure the Cryptographic service is running on this computer.

Okay first of all, where is "Update.inf" located?
Second, what is the Cryptographic service?

I believe you`re running a custom XP build. Sadly most of them disables some vital functionality of part of libraries needed by now, or either your computer has severe troyan-horses / viruses.

I`d strongly recommend you to backup all your data, upgrade to a CLEAN Windows XP SP3 fresh install, upgrade framework 2.0 then framework 3.5.

Then you should be able to run all you may want.

-

Or either you have some hardware problems, but this is most unlikely. Do some clean up at your computer (format) at least twice / three times a year!

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coto said:
I believe you`re running a custom XP build. Sadly most of them disables some vital functionality of part of libraries needed by now, or either your computer has severe troyan-horses / viruses.

I`d strongly recommend you to backup all your data, upgrade to a CLEAN Windows XP SP3 fresh install, upgrade framework 2.0 then framework 3.5.

-

Or either you have some hardware problems, but this is most unlikely. Do some clean up at your computer (format) at least twice / three times a year!
I dont have to backup any of the Programs, unless they're bought, right?
If I format my computer, do I just go in "Computer" and right-click, then format?

And I just scanned my computer with an anti-virus program, and found nothing.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
RoboticBuddy said:
Coto said:

-

I dont have to backup any of the Programs, unless they're bought, right?
If I format my computer, do I just go in "Computer" and right-click, then format?

And I just scanned my computer with an anti-virus program, and found nothing.

Errr... no.

Format means a total wipe of your current windows partition, then a fresh install of it. (Using Windows XP SP3 bootcd) Because seems you´ve got a real mess over there.

jasonheuberger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the same problem. I have a Dell Netbook Mini with a Intel Atom processor, 7.40GB harddrive, Windows XP Operating System. I have followed most of the directions given here but when I tried to install Internet Explorer 8 it said installation not complete. I dont have a boot CD, nor a floppy disk, and I dont have a flash in my possession. I am running everything through Command prompt. I have done the registry check and it wont register the iertutil.dll file. Everything else checks out. There has to be some other way to fix this. Everytime I try to run a program or a install, it stops and says that it cant find explore.exe. I have looked for the .dll manually but there is to much to search through. I have firefox as my main browser so that is what I use now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, I've got a fairly dark sense of humor lol.