The MIG Switch Thread

Statesman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlock Switch apparently can be pre-ordered now for $54.99 on their official website. Not much cheaper, if any at all, than a MIG Switch.
EDIT: They've also uploaded a video showing that it works on the latest 18.0.0 firmware.

From the video, it seems to have more issues switching games than the Mig does.

There are no official distributors for that yet that’s all starting next week apparently

Or at least that’s what I was told when I asked to become one
Did you ever get their contact email?

Reactions: Blythe93

Statesman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And yes I did but I can’t share it but can answer any questions you might have
How silly, so US distributor atm and a week away from "release". Have they been more forthcoming about further improvements and/or planned flashcart revisions regarding game switching down the line?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
How silly, so US distributor atm and a week away from "release". Have they been more forthcoming about further improvements and/or planned flashcart revisions regarding game switching down the line?
There is literally no software improvement they can do unless they crack the way to make custom XCI to work. Else it's a "dumb" card.

A revision with a button to swap would be nice however.

Statesman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is literally no software improvement they can do unless they crack the way to make custom XCI to work. Else it's a "dumb" card.
I know, I know. I just want to believe someone will manage to do it with enough time, once these are widely distributed.

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They asked for the email not to be shared it’s not silly. Imagine the flood of dumb questions they probably receive when it’s public and not related to business (placing orders for distribution)

That being said they have a model with a button and other improvements the pics they’ve shared is the old cloned version intentionally. You can see the button cutout if you look at the shell images they’ve shared

Statesman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They asked for the email not to be shared it’s not silly. Imagine the flood of dumb questions they probably receive when it’s public and not related to business (placing orders for distribution)

That being said they have a model with a button and other improvements the pics they’ve shared is the old cloned version intentionally. You can see the button cutout if you look at the shell images they’ve shared
Thanks for the answer. The "how silly" was regarding the lack of a US distributor, my bad if I gave you the impression it was email related.

Why couldn't they start by releasing the improved model though. Guess I'll wait for that one then.

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the answer. The "how silly" was regarding the lack of a US distributor, my bad if I gave you the impression it was email related.

Why couldn't they start by releasing the improved model though. Guess I'll wait for that one then.
Nothing is released or for sale yet. Everything has been teaser photos and video

Only thing released so far is the MIG. That’s why unlock switch has no distributors yet. We can’t even place our first order until next week heck unlock switch won’t even share their pricing or anything about that order yet either

Statesman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The price wars have begun.

gskxj5egvbuc1.png

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supposedly someone got banned but low key this image looks off but that could be the weed lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/mig_switch/s/pWY86y7iKE

Looks like they might have also only been using shared public dumps without any sort of unique files however which we also knew would be a stupid idea

Last edited by TheStonedModder,

Statesman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, just trying to play a game online while lacking the corresponding Card ID/Card UID makes the Switch unable to complete the App Certification check and thus it threw him an automatic ban. Same outcome as using private/non-shared (but incomplete) dumps to play online.

Last edited by Statesman,

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supposedly someone got banned but low key this image looks off but that could be the weed lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/mig_switch/s/pWY86y7iKE

Looks like they might have also only been using shared public dumps without any sort of unique files however which we also knew would be a stupid idea
Post was deleted so I’m assuming it was fake. Which would explain why the picture looked so odd

That being said if anyone sees this. Don’t use shared files do your due diligence at at least get yourself a cheap game to steal donor files from

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want to know if unlock switch is planning on selling a dumper as well. they do seem to be coyly hinting that they are indeed going to add a switch to the cart, which apparently only needs to break the circuit on a pin or two for a second to work.

Also I just looked up their twitter and yesterday they posted a 20 second vid of a different solution besides the eject-reinsert for the mig, where they slide a thin piece of clear plastic down the side the pins are on. It blocks the pin connection, so there you go, no strain on the ejector spring.

Reactions: Gunstorm

Statesman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post was deleted so I’m assuming it was fake. Which would explain why the picture looked so odd

That being said if anyone sees this. Don’t use shared files do your due diligence at at least get yourself a cheap game to steal donor files from
Seems he is back at it again:

Claims to have deleted the post because of the "amount of unfounded hate I was receiving from people of this subreddit for merely trying to give the community a heads up". Still a bit suspicious, since he deleted the post once people started asking for details. Had previously claimed to have used Chinese dumps (xci+Initial Data+Certificate), now says he used a "Full" dump with Card ID/Card UID files from a different game :rolleyes:.

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems he is back at it again:

Claims to have deleted the post because of the "amount of unfounded hate I was receiving from people of this subreddit for merely trying to give the community a heads up". Still a bit suspicious, since he deleted the post once people started asking for details. Had previously claimed to have used Chinese dumps (xci+Initial Data+Certificate), now says he used a "Full" dump with Card ID/Card UID files from a different game :rolleyes:.

Dude deleted the post AGAIN lmao

Honestly I’m still thinking he was actually showing a modded switch that got banned

But yea either way if it’s real dude is dumb. Don’t use public files that hundreds of others are using that’s asking to get banned

Gunstorm

xD
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Dude deleted the post AGAIN lmao

Honestly I’m still thinking he was actually showing a modded switch that got banned

But yea either way if it’s real dude is dumb. Don’t use public files that hundreds of others are using that’s asking to get banned

Or just play offline forever

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.