The Meme Box

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They are networked, but the OS is simple enough to be audited and should be super stripped down too.
even if it's networked, hacking anything only through network (without any entrypoint) is very much complicated.
I don't know anything about their security, but if someone tries to hack them without any entrypoint, i'm pretty sure the hacker will be detected long before he ever get his way in.

Reactions: SylverReZ

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
even if it's networked, hacking anything only through network (without any entrypoint) is very much complicated.
I don't know anything about their security, but if someone tries to hack them without any entrypoint, i'm pretty sure the hacker will be detected long before he ever get his way in.
Networking is always a possible entrypoint.

Reactions: impeeza

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Networking is always a possible entrypoint.
I don't think anybody consider this as an entrypoint. it is just way too hard/complicated to hack a machine 100% through network. Unless you mean "Local area network", it is another thing. But hacking anything 100% from outside+ 0 actual entrypoint, it is almost impossible, even for professional hacker.

Reactions: SylverReZ
Trophies
XP
I don't think anybody consider this as an entrypoint. it is just way too hard/complicated to hack a machine 100% through network. Unless you mean "Local area network", it is another thing. But hacking anything 100% from outside+ 0 actual entrypoint, it is almost impossible, even for professional hacker.

Hacking an ATM is actually completely possible via networking, and it's not as hard as you'd initially think. The streams aren't hard to intercept depending on how it's set up. The problem in-lies that the information is encrypted, usually via a method contracted by the bank (or just a bolstered established method such as triple encrypted 256-bit AES as a general standard).

It'd be an absolute bitch to do, but it's certainly possible.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When there's a flaw, there's always a way.
it is not a question of flaw, it's just that if someone is trying to acces to your own router, he will get detected long before he can do anything. The best way for a hacker to get what he wants is through an entrypoint. That's why they keep sending spam mail, their goal is to trap a single, common, little, not important at all employee, for him to click on the link, and boom, the hacker got his entrypoint.

If it was only a question of flaw, there would be tons of companies who would be bankrupted by now.
Post automatically merged:

Hacking an ATM is actually completely possible via networking, and it's not as hard as you'd initially think. The streams aren't hard to intercept depending on how it's set up. The problem in-lies that the information is encrypted, usually via a method contracted by the bank (or just a bolstered established method such as triple encrypted 256-bit AES as a general standard).

:rofl2: 256-bit? a bitch to do? i think "a bitch to do" is kind of a light word for that ;)

SylverReZ

GBATemp's Meme Lord
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
please remember the 10 laws of computer security
1-don't go on shady website to download shady stuff
2-don't go on shady website to download shady stuff
3-don't go on shady website to download shady stuff
4-don't go on shady website to download shady stuff
5-don't go on shady website to download shady stuff
6-don't go on shady website to download shady stuff
6.1-don't go on shady website to download shady stuff
7-don't go on shady website to download shady stuff
8-don't go on shady website to download shady stuff
9-don't go on shady website to download shady stuff
34-don't go on shady website to download shady stuff

SylverReZ

GBATemp's Meme Lord
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1-don't search for "free minecraft 2023 no virus 100% free" and click download
2-don't search for "free minecraft 2023 no virus 100% free" and click download
35-don't search for "free minecraft 2023 no virus 100% free" and click download
179-don't search for "free minecraft 2023 no virus 100% free" and click download
420-don't search for "free minecraft 2023 no virus 100% free" and click download
690-don't search for "free minecraft 2023 no virus 100% free" and click download
999-don't search for "free minecraft 2023 no virus 100% free" and click download

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FB_IMG_1693624416488.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm tired just got back from Walmart, 200 bucks and I barely bought anything lol