Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TDWP FTW said:
tloztod25.png

tloztod26.png

Yes, the map probably looks like shit to you guys, but I like it. It's not supposed to be anything extravagant...Just a way to find out where you are/where other places are.

Here are two screenshots of what I'm working on (For the most part). The Player Stats menu IS finished, and the map is almost finished. I'm not going to spoil any names from the region (It's called Caleron as you can see), but stay tuned when I launch the next and final demo, as well as reveal a few town/area names, and show a few more items.
For me its okay

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
OP
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the feedback!

Here's a new screenshot cause I feel like it:

screenshot100a.png

That's right, I've added fishing! Also made a new textbox design which I really like. Here's the latest demo as well, with fishing and whatnot:

http://nintendocfc.c...f%20Despair.zip

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I've entered ToD into the 2011 Nintendo Community Fangame Convention. It starts in 6 days or so, so if you like the game, please check it out and vote for it! There's other categories as well, like Mario, Metroid, and Pokemon, so be sure to check those out to, as your bound to find a cool fangame.

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it normal that it uses nearly 1 GB of RAM and 50% CPU?
My laptop (Win XP SP3 OS) has a 1.6 GHZ dual core mobile processor with 2 GB of RAM and 256 MB of VRAM.
I use sizer to change the window size since it's normally disabled.

Forstride

OP
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal that it uses nearly 1 GB of RAM and 50% CPU?
My laptop (Win XP SP3 OS) has a 1.6 GHZ dual core mobile processor with 2 GB of RAM and 256 MB of VRAM.
I use sizer to change the window size since it's normally disabled.
It used to do that for some reason, but I fixed it recently...It only uses 500 MB of RAM for me. I've never tried it on any computer besides mine, so IDK. It's not like it lags or anything, so I don't see why it's a problem if it doesn't cause any other problems.

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
No applications are running besides the NOD32 Antivirus in the background.
2mhybl2.jpg

Running Threads of Despair with default window size (sizer app off).
xc98xe.jpg

Closing Threads of Despair leaves something that's using almost 500 MB of RAM. Memory leak?
ws90mr.jpg

I verified the processes and nothing tells me what's using that amount of RAM.
A quick restart and it goes back to normal RAM usage.

Forstride

OP
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if I'm allowed to bypass the double post rule for updates, but if I'm not, a mod can merge it with my other post.

Anyway, kind of big update today.

- Readded music! Now using some tracks from ZREO (Zelda Re-Orchestrated for those who don't know).
- Added some sound effects for certain items
- Added walking/swimming sound
- Made some changes to the swamp areas
- Made some changes to the forest overlay
- Fog is now it's own weather effect, so it can occur outside of the forest/lakefront trail. Also, using a custom fog animation I found somewhere (Think it's by .TakaM, not sure).
- Reduced Link's speed by one. It feels nicer, but if people think it's too slow, I'll change it back.
- Added the Cyclone Vase, which doesn't really have a use yet, but you can blow air around.
- Changed up the Lens of Truth and Shade Cloak overlays

Here's some screenshots as well:

pictobox10.png

screenshot100og.png

screenshot101pu.png

screenshot102qy.png

And of course, the download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?678jmn1lqb2u0ts

There's also a download in the opening post for the .exe only, for future updates without new music, or if you need to redownload it for some reason.

I have to use mediafire now as the music files (Which are loaded externally) take up a bit of space, and NCFC's hosting has a max of 10MB. Anyway, enjoy the update! I'm going to make one more update before NCFC, which will hopefully have the rest of the items (Anchor and Ice Shards) added, and maybe...Just maybe, a few more areas.

Forstride

OP
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! The NCFC demo is finally here!

You can find the booth (AKA the page will all the info and stuff) here. There's a download there, along with some screenshots, controls, and other useful info.

Also, please be sure to click Like next to ToD's banner on this page if you liked the demo. Thanks if you do! Even if you don't, thanks for at least checking out TLoZ: Threads of Despair!

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Threads of Despair seems like a pretty inappropriate name for something so beneficial (If someone had a healing potion, would it be called the Drink of Unending Agony?). Also, doesn't attributing the courage and perseverance of the Links in the series kind of cheapen their heroic resolve?

That kind of stands out to me.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head