The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 delayed to spring 2023

As time inched forward towards the hopeful announcement of anything related to the upcoming sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild's sequel, fans became uneasy with the lack of information from Nintendo. That's because the game has been pushed back, as shown in a video update today. Eiji Aonuma asked fans to please wait just a little bit longer, extending the development cycle for the game, and setting it to a Spring 2023 launch window.

Sylx3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
And BOTW 1 being made for the Wii U as well is irrelevant.

I forgot about this part : I think talking about the Wii U is important and relevant because not only it was a "Wii U only" game during most of the dev, so it was build with Wii U limitation in mind, but mostly because we cannot overlook the impact of porting a game that big in a rush. They had one year to make the switch version if I remember correctly ? It look likes a miracle, from my point of view.

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I forgot about this part : I think talking about the Wii U is important and relevant because not only it was a "Wii U only" game during most of the dev, so it was build with Wii U limitation in mind, but mostly because we cannot overlook the impact of porting a game that big in a rush. They had one year to make the switch version if I remember correctly ? It look likes a miracle, from my point of view.
But if you look at other newer games on Switch that are Switch exclusive, they also dont look as good as the BOTW2 clip in this video. Thats why I think either this is being rendered on a computer (and is not an accurate representation of how the game will look on the Switch), or this is maybe running on a new unannounced console.

Sylx3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
But if you look at other newer games on Switch that are Switch exclusive, they also dont look as good as the BOTW2 clip in this video. Thats why I think either this is being rendered on a computer (and is not an accurate representation of how the game will look on the Switch), or this is maybe running on a new unannounced console.
Yes I think you're right. I'm so hopping for a Switch pro. As a PC gamer, it's really hard to love Nintendo's work. 1080p 60fps should be mandatory by law.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes I think you're right. I'm so hopping for a Switch pro. As a PC gamer, it's really hard to love Nintendo's work. 1080p 60fps should be mandatory by law.
1080p60 on a portable console would give you about an hour of battery life, tops. 720p60 portable is achievable though, and 1080p docked shouldn't require any more processing power than that assuming it's using DLSS.

Sylx3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1080p60 on a portable console would give you about an hour of battery life, tops. 720p60 portable is achievable though, and 1080p docked shouldn't require any more processing power than that assuming it's using DLSS.
I forgot to say, I was talking for docked mod yes. 720p 30 fps is ok for me on portable.

Reactions: Xzi

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
How so? Unlike BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 DOES give direction, by having map markers and landmarks. You rarely get lost in XC2, and it's easy to find where that game's content lies; compare this to BotW, where you're stranded and have to manually search for content - nowhere near as engaging.

XC2 isn't perfect, sure, but it would undoubtedly be better if Monolith Soft wasn't burdened with BotW; if priorities had been reversed, it would've been far better, with more focus and resources spent on the great game than on the mediocre experiment.
We have completely the opposite view. Every thing you mentioned as bad, I view as positive.

I love the open nature of BOTW. It also resembles the feeling of the first Zelda game in that way. You cannot get lost in BOTW because the game does not force you do anything but defeat Ganon. I love it. Every playthrough is different. I cannot get lost (unlike in e.g. a Metroid game), only lost in the game world. I also love the shrines and think the 4 dungeons (divine beasts) are some of the best in the series´ history.

Reactions: Sylx3

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my god, I'm so surprised! Next thing you know, they'll be porting Wind Waker and Twilight Princess to Switch sometime this Summer/Fall, to hold us over/surprise us even harder! :P

I wish they did something actually surprising, and give us Oracle and Seasons remakes, like Link's Awakening.

Reactions: Takokeshi

RatherSimple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
I am not hyped for this Zelda at all. It looks exactly the same but with different gimmicks. I know gimmicks are the thing of Zelda games but at least try to be original with look and feel. Feels like they've went over the budget for the visuals and dynamics for the previous game and none left for R&D - so they're recycling it.

IMO this whole thing should have been a paid DLC.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guessing they want everyone to have a SteamDeck in their hands by the time it's more worldly available, how kind of Nintendo.

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good, now I hope they take their time to actually fill up the map with stuff to do instead of a barren wasteland like the first game was...
I know the game got praised to hell but for me it always was just meh...

Immortals Fenyx Rising did it better and that was a Ubisoft game, that should say enough...

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So they probably delayed it until the "New" Switch comes out, in 23 i assume? I hope that's the case, as i don't want it to be released for the current Switch.. And to properly showcase the next-gen Nintendo hardware. :sleep:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone