• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The Israel and Palestine conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
we live near the conflict country, what i see is that innocent people are the victim of fanatics of either site. stories are made from either site fanatics while innocent people die ,religion is to blame as they are blind to civilisation. I see refuges from both sites coming over, innocent people that loose home or hop overnight, a bunch of idiots created probs to all and for what gains?

• Sad
Reactions: depaul

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Just sayin' when both sides do war crimes again and again, i'm not really interested in wich one did the last one.
Both sides play the game by the same rules (or the lack of rules)...
Those who support a regime that creates an toxic environment should not be surprised when it strikes back at them.

Civilians certainly didn't commit the last war crimes. There is no way to justify collective punishment. Much worse punishment on a population where roughly half are under 18, also much worse attacking civilians to punish the actions of their dictatorial leaders, also much worse when those same leaders are in power and financed by the leaders of the people who are attacking.

Hamas is a cancer, but so is Netanyahu and his government, and is a cancer that feeds the other. Like I wrote above, it supported Hamas, including financially to create division and scapegoating.

There is no justification for war crimes, there is no justification for attacking civilians, whatever came before.

Reactions: ganons

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
199ABEC0579F86FEB945A8AB60C49CBD.jpg

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
A random guy being racist means nothing, the problem is the prime minister being racist, an he clearly is against Arabs.

Side note, I see my flag on Netanyahu's post. I wonder why. We officially do not even recognize Hamas as a terrorist group. The vast majority of population here is against both sides, and the ruling left is extremely sour towards any USA ally, including Israel.

Reactions: EthanB

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A random guy being racist means nothing, the problem is the prime minister being racist, an he clearly is against Arabs.

Side note, I see my flag on Netanyahu's post. I wonder why. We officially do not even recognize Hamas as a terrorist group. The vast majority of population here is against both sides, and the ruling left is extremely sour towards any USA ally, including Israel.
This isn't just a random guy.
BEC8F920049847B766D039BD839043D9.jpg

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't just a random guy.
View attachment 402667

Plenty of that bigotry to go around from leadership on both sides. Israel has never really been a good ally to the US. The Palestinians are no more wanted by any of their Arab neighbors than by Israel, and Arafat showed how obstinate they are in their intention to eliminate Israel altogether (and their current leadership has made it quite unequivocally clear that nothing has changed). I don't really care what happens over there, it's their business. We should steer clear of any involvement with it. We won't, but we should.

Reactions: _47iscool

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can only speak for myself, but humans have emotions, so we'll do whatever it takes to make us feel what we're doing is ''justified''.Not everything can be said is right or wrong, either lawfull or immoral .In the end only history can judge us if it were right or wrong, after it has transpired. It sounds like a plain excuse but I am only describing my view of the situation :rolleyes:
It's definitely wrong, and easy enough to judge when someone has a good sense of morality.
There are laws in place to stop people from doing bad things to others, from committnig atrocities, which is more enforcable on an individual level but there are international laws as well that while harder to enforce are beiing broken big time in this conflict.

Last edited by Windsall,

ZeroT21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's definitely wrong, and easy enough to judge when someone has a good sense of morality.
There are laws in place to stop people from doing bad things to others, from committnig atrocities, which is more enforcable on an individual level but there are international laws as well that while harder to enforce are beiing broken big time in this conflict.
I understand human nature enough to know not everyone cares about morals. If anything most people will just do what they want to get by. As for laws? If you break the law ,then you'd be criminal, but that's only if you do get caught or found out. Even during the educational phase of a person we'd been taught that. You can cheat all you want as long you aren't caught doing it

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I understand human nature enough to know not everyone cares about morals. If anything most people will just do what they want to get by. As for laws? If you break the law ,then you'd be criminal, but that's only if you do get caught or found out. Even during the educational phase of a person we'd been taught that. You can cheat all you want as long you aren't caught doing it
Morals are important to upkeep, there's different ways to look at it but killing an innocent person is pretty universally known to be wrong, that's just something easy enough for anyone to understand. You don't want to be killed, others don't either.

Not sure why youre debating on morals xD. Your line of thinking essentially would just go to no sense of security in society, which no one wants. You want to be able to walk around without some rando chopping your head off? I think you probably do, if I had to guess. IF you don't care about dying, then change that up with torture instead, that's another bad one.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
We should steer clear of any involvement with it. We won't, but we should.
Like you should have done with Ukraine, a NON NATO member and wasn't an ally either. The collective west have spent billions of tax payers money, much of which has been wasted and stolen by corrupt officials. What have you gained - nothing. Now Ukraine has an extra 400K+ graves, over 2 million injured with the average male on the frontline now in their 40+'s. The women and kids left the country and many will find it hard to go back. Basically if the west had kept out of it, this war would have been over long ago and lots more people would be alive and uninjured. Now you just have a destroyed country with a destroyed population and an entire generation either dead, injured or displaced. The same thing happened in Afghanistan and Iraq - loads killed for nothing and many injured servicemen and the final outcome is a well armed Taliban. The politicians made their money though - that's all they cared about.
Basically nobody now takes the west seriously with failure after failure and a geriatric simpleton leading the free world. If the USA and the west fails again with helping Isreal, well that's going to be the end of the west in lots of the worlds eyes and nobody will take us serioulsy again.

ZeroT21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Morals are important to upkeep, there's different ways to look at it but killing an innocent person is pretty universally known to be wrong, that's just something easy enough for anyone to understand. You don't want to be killed, others don't either.

Not sure why youre debating on morals xD. Your line of thinking essentially would just go to no sense of security in society, which no one wants. You want to be able to walk around without some rando chopping your head off? I think you probably do, if I had to guess. IF you don't care about dying, then change that up with torture instead, that's another bad one
It's not that I've no fear of death. We'll kick the bucket one day since human lifespan is finite, so I'm not even worried if there's a heaven or hell

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
If the gang members live in those peoples' basements it's gonna be pretty difficult to avoid. And using this word "attack" so generically dilutes that it was a mass murdering, arson committing, people burning, raping, and mass kidnapping act of terrorism.

The people of Gaza elected Hamas to be their government.
Was there any proof of rape?

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
What are you looking for - snuff rape video's or something? Don't be a weirdo - there's loads information available on the net if you care to look for it, don't expect others to post you links to the suffering of innocent people on here.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
What are you looking for - snuff rape video's or something? Don't be a weirdo - there's loads information available on the net if you care to look for it, don't expect others to post you links to the suffering of innocent people on here.
Not looking for videos, it's just wild accusations. Actually you know what, Israelis are raping prisoners. See how that works?
Edit: and I don't support Hamas.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Like you should have done with Ukraine, a NON NATO member and wasn't an ally either. The collective west have spent billions of tax payers money, much of which has been wasted and stolen by corrupt officials. What have you gained - nothing.
Russia's vaunted military was defeated by the US' leftover scraps, and we gained security for our allied nations in the region. Helluva bargain by any standard.

Now Ukraine has an extra 400K+ graves, over 2 million injured with the average male on the frontline now in their 40+'s. The women and kids left the country and many will find it hard to go back. Basically if the west had kept out of it, this war would have been over long ago and lots more people would be alive and uninjured.
Bull fucking shit. You're pro-genocide in general, and just too much of a pussy to say so outright. Netanyahu and Putin are birds of a feather.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not looking for videos, it's just wild accusations. Actually you know what, Israelis are raping prisoners. See how that works?
Edit: and I don't support Hamas.

So burning familes alive, beheadings, 260+ people gunned down at a music festival don't get you hung up but you do the 'wait a fuckin minute' thing over rape? Interesting. Well, here you go.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middl...eams-describe-signs-torture-abuse-2023-10-15/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y