leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My black DS Lite 'L' Shoulder pad works properly and has a nice click like other DS lites. The 'R' shoulder pad on the other hand is less sensitive and has no "click" to it. It's funny because I used the L-shoulder button more aggressively and frequently (a LOT of megaman ZX, metroid). Come to think of it, I rarely use the R shoulder pad.

I'm keeping an eye on it and will make a decision before the warranty runs out.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's funny because my last white DS Lite didn't have the nice clicky shoulder buttons, but I thought nothing of it, they were just buttons that got no nice click. But my new one has and I immediately noticed the difference, like "Aaah, so that's what it should be like".

Oh and Jepeto, I do have the yellowish screen on my new one, but not the whole screen, just the top of it. (maybe I should return it because of this, no, no only joking
wink.gif
)

Darkspark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nobody should accept dead pixels. If TFT manufacturers can get 20 inches of screen without a dead pixel, the ds has no excuse.

On a lighter note, most units with dead pixels are probably spotted now and screens probably replaced. It saves them a lot more money if they spot the problem early, as it saves on repairs (usually straight replacement).

ryuujin2788

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a Japanese one. I had the DSphat Japanese and my DS Lite is now Japanese (The FF3 special edition). Both were brought during my trips to Japan, but you could definitely get it from play-asia.com or something.

They are made perfectly. Definitely more time is put into their assembly than in the US. My friend has a US one and went through the same problems. So I picked him up a Japanese one, and it worked perfectly (the special Pokemon black one with Parukia and Diaruga (Sorry, don't know American names).

So, yeah. Japanese DSLites are made better. No question in my mind.

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know what wrong with you all. My launch day ds phat had always worked. Maybe you are a sony lover at heart looking for an excuse to buy a psp.

EDIT:My launch day one is a US Phat.

My other is a one 1.5 year old black Japanese Phat.

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Nobody should accept dead pixels. If TFT manufacturers can get 20 inches of screen without a dead pixel, the ds has no excuse.

On a lighter note, most units with dead pixels are probably spotted now and screens probably replaced. It saves them a lot more money if they spot the problem early, as it saves on repairs (usually straight replacement).

Don't know where your getting your info, but nintendo just replaced both of my bottom screens when I had a dead pixel. I did not get a new ds.

Tangent: My DS has been serviced 3 times. Every time for free.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
I've got a (so far) perfect DS Lite after sending mine in to Nintendo twice. The one out of the box seemed fine but it had that issue with the d-pad and after a while it made cracking noises whenever I opened and closed the system. So I sent it in and they fixed what I asked them to but the DS Lite randomly shut off. It also had a stuck/dead pixel so I told them about those two problems I had. The second time I recieved my DS from Nintendo, it was pretty much perfect. I believe the Lite also had a slight unnoticable yellow tint on the touch screen but didn't bother me. I don't have that anymore though.

Zim05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya its super annoying i just got my ds lite like 3 months ago and it has that evil cushion touch screen feel! I'm going to send it in soon.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
this seems very common online, I guess I was lucky since I have absolutely no problems with my DSlite, touch screen is fine, dpad is geat, volume slider perfect, no crack on the hinge
yaynds.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Have no idea what this "cushiony touchpad" thing is all about, I've never heard that one before so it sounds like you just being too fussy. As long as it's one that works (which I'll admit your first one sounds like it didn't), who cares?

Screw all that, when I got my DS I was just happy to actually have a backlight
biggrin.gif
Reading TakaM's post admittedly my volume slider button is a little loose but I don't know if the DS is supposed to be like that or not. It still works fine so what the hey.

Haruspex

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
At least for now everything is perfect expect the D-pad diagonals. It's not something terrible and actually it seems that the more i play not only i get used to them but also it seems that they doesn't need that much pressure anymore.

I have a Black DSLite btw. One thing for sure though the DS Phat was build like a tank and was more durable. From the other hand the DSLite has some major advantages we all know. I find myself to play again some old games i already finished to my new DSLite.
yaynds.gif

Stormingsoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dutch DS Lite.

Touch screen is movable in the lower right corner.
When you press that..it cracks like hell and it moves a bit down...

Rest is fine but dunno how im supposed to fix that.
White DS (...stil wish i had a black one =( )

Darkspark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been using my new white ds lite for a while now, and I can say that the sound has been improved. It is louder with slightly more clarity. The diagonal is actually useable. In games such as Golden Sun, I don't find my character running diagonally, then slipping back into running in a straight line.

The screen backlighting is more uniform. Previously, the colours at the top of the touchscreen, looked slightly more washed out, and you could see the light emitters in some of the corners of the screen. That has been fixed.

Finally, the abxy buttons are less mushy, and have more feedback.

ghettobob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, it seems like you are a very picky person. and you answer your own questions...in a post.

My DS Lite (Onyx) is flawless and I bought it used
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make up songs all the time "The driver in front of me shouldn't be allowed to breathe" that...