The hardest game you've ever played :)

MrEl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cat Mario wasn't hard, it was rather fun to die. I was actually amused by how smart the developer was :)

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
If I don't count joke games (that are made to poke fun of difficulty - like I wanna be the Guy or Kaizo Mario), it's probably Dark Souls or Etrian Odyssey on the RPG front and either Super Meat Boy or Rayman Origins on the platforming front.

SoraK05

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Sword of Sodan (Mega Drive)
(review, breakdown <and spoilers>)

Superman (Mega Drive)
(review, shows level 1)

These two are near tie. Superman, for needing to memorize every jump and finish boss with 1 hp.
Game Genie from start (for both).

MrEl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sword of Sodan (Mega Drive)
(review, breakdown <and spoilers>)

Superman (Mega Drive)
(review, shows level 1)

These two are near tie. Superman, for needing to memorize every jump and finish boss with 1 hp.
Game Genie from start (for both).

Hahahaaha these reviews are hilarious. :)

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say Cloud Master (Sega Master System) because, unlike any good danmaku game, it doesn't have any death spot...YOU are the death spot.
I am not considering games that were made just to be assholes (IWBTG and clones) and overall unfair games like Silver Surfer NES. And I'm not counting games that are hard to reach some certain spot or that have an ungodly difficulty setting. Cloud Master is a fair game, but it's hard as hell and it stays like this EVERYWHERE. I think this is the hardest game I've ever had the chance to finish, and I feel badass about it.
As I already said, I'm not counting games where you choose higher difficulties, so don't ever start listing Touhou games in Lunatic. They are the most fair, when it comes to gameplay and controls, but the difficulty isn't mandatory. To beat the game, all you need is to finish the normal difficulty (easy for me) without any continues. That might be difficult for many of you, but still nowhere as tragic as Cloud Master.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There was some DS game called Lost Magic I think, I'm not sure why or how.
But things went wrong
Oooh god Lost Magic. It's fun but once you get to a certain point... uggghhhh. I think I didn't even have all the level 2 spells. You need to put your monsters on the enemy spawns to prevent them from spawning but if your monsters get killed you're pretty much fucked.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Ganbare Goemon 4, Animaniacs MD and Sparkster SNES are examples of games I've found challenging but in a still enjoyable way. I mean challenging with moments of wanting to throw the controller in anger.
Super Mario Bros 2 (Japanese version) is a classic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.