Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

Hazzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No problem! No downgrade option that we know of yet. Only options are to stay under 5.2.0 if you want an "easy" IOSU Exploit, or go to 5.3.2 for hacks and an eventual, possibly harder-to-do IOSU Exploit.

This is great news! I thought I'd have to find another wiiu to get the IOSU exploit!

cavolo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
As said in the first post of loadiine thread, yes.

Example:
SD:\wiiu\games\Yoshi's Woolly World\code\
SD:\wiiu\games\Yoshi's Woolly World\content\
SD:\wiiu\games\Yoshi's Woolly World\meta\

juzz0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think load times are going to get much better in the future than they are now though. A higher class SD card will also obviously increase write/read speed times.

Increase or decrease? What's the optimal class of SD card to use with Loadiine?

free47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
EDIT: wait, disc games or Loadiine games?
Loadiine: just replace the files on your SD with the updated files from NUSGrabber.
Disc games: put the update files from NUSGrabber on your SD card and run WUP Installer.
You don't even need to spoof to do either of those though, unless you're running a disc game above 5.3.2.

Thank, its for loadliine: which folder i must look at for replacing file downloaded with nusgrabber? In folder downloaded there are many files that i cant find in folder content of game on sd, perhaps exist a software that can do the operation automatically?

Last edited by free47,

xxmasal22xx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP Updated:

Added URLs to block list:
  • nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
  • nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net
  • cbvc.nintendo.net

I also highly recommend you change your DNS settings to the following:
Primary DNS: 107.211.140.065 (TubeHax DNS)
Secondary DNS: 198.91.88.237 (nallar's DNS)
Note: nallar's DNS will change in January 2016

To check if your router is properly blocking the URLs, use this website, and then:
Domain: <copy/paste one of the URLs>
Server: localhost
Query: A (IPv4 address)

To check if TubeHax DNS is properly blocking the URLs:
Server: 107.211.140.065

To check if nallar's DNS is properly blocking the URLs:
Server: 198.91.88.237

If you get something like the following, you know it's working (127.0.0.1 is a loopback address to your computer):

If you get something like the following, you know it's not working:

If you get something like the following, I have no idea what it means for blocking:

so if i block the urls in my router they'll be blocked on every device, correct? my issue with doing so is that i have 2 wiiu consoles. one on the latest frimware that i intend do be an unmodified console, and one that i plan to mod. i want to be able to use my unmodded wiiu as usual

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Increase or decrease? What's the optimal class of SD card to use with Loadiine?
Higher class, better speeds. "Optimal" would be the highest class, Class 10 UHS-3, but I can't remember if I've heard of anyone trying UHS-3 yet. I know for a fact people have used UHS-1 and been fine though.

Thank, its for loadliine: which folder i must look at for replacing file downloaded with nusgrabber? In folder downloaded there are many files that i cant find in folder content of game on sd, perhaps exist a software that can do the operation automatically?
You have to decrypt the files that come out with CDecrypt. There's a guide in the OP called "How do I update my games to play with Loadiine?"

so if i block the urls in my router they'll be blocked on every device, correct? my issue with doing so is that i have 2 wiiu consoles. one on the latest frimware that i intend do be an unmodified console, and one that i plan to mod. i want to be able to use my unmodded wiiu as usual
That should be correct, yes. In your situation, I would skip over URL blocking via router and just use TubeHax DNS as Primary and nallar's DNS as Secondary in your Wii U settings on the console you want for hacking.

Something else to look into might be if your router supports blocking URLs only for a certain MAC address, or something like that.

Reactions: free47

free47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You have to decrypt the files that come out with CDecrypt. There's a guide in the OP called "How do I update my games to play with Loadiine?"

sorry but i cant find the guide, what is OP? Thank you very much for you help
ps can i use unwizard (selecting nus)? in this case wich file i can select to extract files

Last edited by free47,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here are some questions that I couldn't find answers to on the first post and searching. I bought Super Smash Bros WiiU after hearing about Loadiine. But the problem is, I wasn't aware that there existed reprints of the game, and sure enough, the one I bought online is WUP P AXFE USZ 101986A Made in Japan (reprint with firmware 5.4.0, according to first post). So my questions:

1. Can this still be used with Loadiine? Maybe with the firmware spoofer? (Is it safe to use the said spoofer?)

2. I know nobody has a crystal ball, but is it expected (within a few more updates of Loadiine) that the MiiMaker method of launching backups will eventually render the Super Smash Bros method obsolete?

Considering there should eventually be an IOSU exploit released for 5.3.2, I'm not even sure if this whole Super Smash Bros method will be relevant anymore, so basically I'm asking:

3. Should I just go and hunt down an old copy of Super Smash Bros WiiU and sell my new (still wrapped) copy, or just be patient for new hacks to be released? I can be very patient, it's not a problem. :)

free47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How do I update my games to play with Loadiine

sorry but i cant find the guide, what is OP? Thank you very much for you help
ps can i use unwizard (selecting nus)? in this case wich file i can select to extract files
ok i have see the guide:)?

Cyberevan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here are some questions that I couldn't find answers to on the first post and searching. I bought Super Smash Bros WiiU after hearing about Loadiine. But the problem is, I wasn't aware that there existed reprints of the game, and sure enough, the one I bought online is WUP P AXFE USZ 101986A Made in Japan (reprint with firmware 5.4.0, according to first post). So my questions:

1. Can this still be used with Loadiine? Maybe with the firmware spoofer? (Is it safe to use the said spoofer?)

2. I know nobody has a crystal ball, but is it expected (within a few more updates of Loadiine) that the MiiMaker method of launching backups will eventually render the Super Smash Bros method obsolete?

Considering there should eventually be an IOSU exploit released for 5.3.2, I'm not even sure if this whole Super Smash Bros method will be relevant anymore, so basically I'm asking:

3. Should I just go and hunt down an old copy of Super Smash Bros WiiU and sell my new (still wrapped) copy, or just be patient for new hacks to be released? I can be very patient, it's not a problem. :)

1. Thats the very purpose of spoofing, to play newer legit games yet staying on 5.3.2 so it will work as far as I understand...

2. We can never can tell. Smash still provides higher compatibility...

3. Its up to you, if you want to play the smash compatible guys, you should find the older print of the game.

free47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i have create ckey.bin with commonkey and follow the guide but the result is:
Cattura.PNG

i have installed visual c 2015 32 bit (but im in 64 bit system and i have yet visual 2015 64 bit)
Now i have installed both version but always error "ckey wrong lenght"

Last edited by free47,

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fiveighteen, regarding the IOSU hack, is there any benefit known/theorized, to stay on a really old FW, vs. being closer to 5.0? So if mine is on 3.0, but I want to update to 4.0 using a retail game (to have surround sound enabled for wii titles) am I just shooting myself in the foot?

If someone knows for sure that the upcoming IOSU hack will have no different in use as long as the the Wii U's fw falls between X - 5.0, that would be great. Thanks!

(I'm not dying to update, just would like the option for surround sound support that was enabled with 4.0 fw)

bartoruiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
use TubeHax DNS as Primary and nallar's DNS as Secondary in your Wii U settings on the console you want for hacking.

I would recommend against using a secondary DNS, it does NOT add any filtering; it's just a backup in case primary DNS fails. Either use one or the other as primary.

Using someone else's DNS is already a jump of faith (which I did), but I don't see the reason to double jump.

Last edited by bartoruiz,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fiveighteen - hey, you may want to change the Tubehax DNS to 107.211.140.165 from 107.211.140.065. It was changed to cover cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net. I'm not sure if it's blocking the other two new URLs.

Here's the source for the new Tubehax DNS:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/browserhax-is-dead-on-9-9-and-up.400930/
cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net is now also covered by 107.211.140.065 as well.

Fiveighteen, regarding the IOSU hack, is there any benefit known/theorized, to stay on a really old FW, vs. being closer to 5.0? So if mine is on 3.0, but I want to update to 4.0 using a retail game (to have surround sound enabled for wii titles) am I just shooting myself in the foot?

If someone knows for sure that the upcoming IOSU hack will have no different in use as long as the the Wii U's fw falls between X - 5.0, that would be great. Thanks!

(I'm not dying to update, just would like the option for surround sound support that was enabled with 4.0 fw)
The only thing we have to go on are the words from Hykem himself:
Hykem said:
The flaw itself was patched after 5.2.0, so, the general rule applies, if you're on a low firmware already, don't update. If you have already updated then don't worry about it.
You're not missing out anything if you updated your console, this is just a warning for those who still are on a low firmware version. By not updating you will have access to more attack vectors in the future.
The plan is still to provide a full exploit that works up to the latest firmware (that means IOSU userland and kernel access up to 5.5.0).
That being said, I would update to 4.0 if I were you. I don't think it is a big deal as long as you're under 5.2.0.

I would recommend against using a secondary DNS, it does NOT add any filtering; it's just a backup in case primary DNS fails. Either use one or the other as primary.

Using someone else's DNS is already a jump of faith (which I did), but I don't see the reason to double jump.
Correct. AFAIK, the Wii U does not direct traffic through the Primary DNS and the Secondary DNS, but only through the Primary unless it fails (which it then would try the Secondary). If it does fail through the Primary, isn't it better to have the Secondary there as nallar's rather than use 0.0.0.0 or 127.0.0.1 or something?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i have create ckey.bin with commonkey and follow the guide but the result is:
View attachment 29225

i have installed visual c 2015 32 bit (but im in 64 bit system and i have yet visual 2015 64 bit)
Now i have installed both version but always error "ckey wrong lenght"
The common key needs to be in hex, not just pasted into a text file. Look in the OP under "How do I use the common key or a title key?"

Last edited by fiveighteen,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Thats the very purpose of spoofing, to play newer legit games yet staying on 5.3.2 so it will work as far as I understand...

2. We can never can tell. Smash still provides higher compatibility...

3. Its up to you, if you want to play the smash compatible guys, you should find the older print of the game.
Thanks for your input, pal. I didn't really buy Super Smash Bros to actually play it. I just bought it to use with Loadiine. If I had had higher interest in the game, I would have bought it earlier, and probably got a first print. So if the new print is useless with Loadiine, I might as well get rid of it, and hunt for a used first print.

Reactions: mark.m.moran

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: