Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

frostii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello fellow gamers!!!

I was after any suggestions for my dilemma....

My Wii U is working beautifully at home with Loadiine. I wanted to start bringing in my Wii U to work (I have a pretty good job!). Trouble is, I need to be on a network to access the exploits, but I can't just connect my Wii U because then I'll be exposing myself to updates.

I have no way of accessing the company wifi settings.

Any idea how I can load up loadiine on my Wii U at work? Via a mobile phone????

Any help would be appreciated.....

fodil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
That's true....me too stucks with monggose on windows 10....but succeed with xp finally. Also I used android app as server from my phone and it was the best solution!

tips: for who owning Wiiu 3.5.2 without smash disc.
1-download kernel exploit compiled by WJ44 big thanks to him. http://www.wj44.ml/osdriver.zip
2-download loadiine v3 "www archive" from here https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine/archive/master.zip
3-download for example "kws web server" or many others to your phone from google play.
4-upload "osdriver" rep and "www" rep to your phone, and start serving them on your local net.
5-use the tuto like discrib it dimok789 in his github!
/******************************************************************************/
/* Requirements */
/******************************************************************************/

- Wii U FW 5.3.2
- SD(HC) Card
- Super Smash Bros for Wii U (Disc or EShop version) - optional but provides better compatibility

/* How to Use */

- 1. Setup your SD Card (see below)

- 2. In the Internet Browser, Launch the included kernel exploit (www/kexploit)
(You need a modified kernel exploit that sets 0xA0000000 virtual memory range to 0x10000000 physical memory address)

- 3. Relaunch the Internet Browser

- 4. Insert your SD Card into the Wii U, if it's not already done.

- 5. Launch loadiine (www/loadiine)
- Press A to install loadiine
or
- Press X to install loadiine with server enabled (use it for debug purpose, the server must be running before pressing X).

- 6. The loadiine menu should open. Now, Select your App/Game using the D-Pad.
- Press A to use Smash Bros mode and launch directly the disk
- Note : auto-launch does not work for everyone, launch manually Smash Bros instead
- Note : if you are using Smash Bros EShop version, press Y instead, it returns to Home Menu, then launch Smash Bros.
or
- Press X to use Mii Maker mode (Smash Bros disk is not needed)
- The game should start

- 7. Enjoy

- Note: When exiting the Game/Application, you must relaunch the Mii Maker and select the game again.
If you don't, launching Super Smash Bros will result in a crash.

/* Preparing the SD Card / How to add a Game or Application */

Note: You may add multiple Games/Applications, but ALL STEPS are REQUIRED

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setting Up RPX/RPL and Data Files

1. Create a folder named "wiiu" in the root of the SD Card.
- ex : SDCARD/wiiu

2. In "wiiu", create another folder named "games"
- ex : SDCARD/wiiu/games

2. In "games", create a new folder with the name of your app
- ex : SDCARD/wiiu/games/MyApplication/

3. In this folder, create a folder named "code"
- ex : SDCARD/wiiu/games/MyApplication/code

4. Copy the game/homebrew RPX file in the "code" folder
- ex : SDCARD/wiiu/games/MyApplication/code/my_application.rpx

5. Copy the game/homebrew RPL files in the "code" folder too
- ex : SDCARD/_wiiu/games/MyApplication/code/library1.rpl
- ex : SDCARD/_wiiu/games/MyApplication/code/library2.rpl

6. Copy the "content" folder of your app/game inside your application folder
- ex : SDCARD/wiiu/games/MyApplication/content/...
- ex : H:/MyApplication/vol/content/data.bin -> SDCARD/wiiu/games/MyApplication/content/data.bin
- ex : H:/MyApplication/vol/content/datab/datab.bin -> SDCARD/wiiu/games/MyApplication/content/datab/datab.bin

Note : Do not rename RPX and RPL files

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary

Your file structure should look like this if the above information was used :

- SDCARD/wiiu/games/MyApplication/code/my_application.rpx
- SDCARD/wiiu/games/MyApplication/code/*.rpl [only if application contains .rpl files]
- SDCARD/wiiu/games/MyApplication/content/[content files/folders]

Hope it can help.

Attachments

• kexploit-wj44.zip
    17 KB · Views: 113
  • www-loadiine.v3.zip
    28.9 KB · Views: 137

ares395

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Downloaded Tiny Web Server for android on a rooted handy. I think it has to rooted because of the file structure Tiny Web Server uses, I couldn´t find a place to put the files on an unrooted S6.

Put the unpacked definitive package (the whole folder) into the default location of Tiny Web Server.

Fired up Tiny Web Server (Make sure wifi is switched on). It tells you the address you need to type in for WiiU web browser, but first.....

Open your router settings and allow communication with that address.

with the server running open WiiU browser give in the URL xxx.xxx.x.xxx:8080/. If you get the package to open, test and if it works bookmark.

enjoy!

HOLLY ... ! It works! your phone does not need to be rooted btw. You don't know how happy I'm ! :D I will test some things

Hazzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
(I hope I'm posting this question in the right area if not sorry and please ignore).

I tried following the video tutorial for loadiine but don't get to far when changing my file name from .txt to .bin or .bat the file type remains a txt file. I believe this is my main problem as to why nothing elts seems to work like in the video. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Hazzer,

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And if you want to wait for the full IOSU Exploit, you probably want to be under 5.2.0.

So what's the chances (in USA) of a system in then wild having under 5.2.0? Wonder if anything offered during BF this year will be obtainable. And for sure, if the few is exactly 5.2.0, the IOSU hack can't be applied correct?

ares395

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
(I hope I'm posting this question in the right area if not sorry and please ignore).

I tried following the video tutorial for loadiine but don't get to far when changing my file name from .txt to .bin or .bat the file type remains a txt file. I believe this is my main problem as to why nothing elts seems to work like in the video. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hi, had the same problem but it's easy here: use this, sorry for that poor quality movie but I did not have time to search google for something more clear hope it helps
EDIT: If you need something more clear just search in google "changing file extensions windows 7" [or whatever windows you are using]

Last edited by ares395,

frostii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tips: for who owning Wiiu 3.5.2 without smash disc.
1-download kernel exploit compiled by WJ44 big thanks to him. http://www.wj44.ml/osdriver.zip
2-download loadiine v3 "www archive" from here https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine/archive/master.zip
3-download for example "kws web server" or many others to your phone from google play.
4-upload "osdriver" rep and "www" rep to your phone, and start serving them on your local net.
5-use the tuto like discrib it dimok789 in his github
In my case, my Wii U needs to connect to the company wifi to then connect to my phone web server. Is that right?
If it is right, I'll then have the issue of the console updating.
What are my options???

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello fellow gamers!!!

I was after any suggestions for my dilemma....

My Wii U is working beautifully at home with Loadiine. I wanted to start bringing in my Wii U to work (I have a pretty good job!). Trouble is, I need to be on a network to access the exploits, but I can't just connect my Wii U because then I'll be exposing myself to updates.

I have no way of accessing the company wifi settings.

Any idea how I can load up loadiine on my Wii U at work? Via a mobile phone????

Any help would be appreciated.....
Read the post 3 above yours.

EDIT: This will work if you know the company's SSID and password. Add the TubeHax DNS to the settings in the Wii U and you'll be fine.

So what's the chances (in USA) of a system in then wild having under 5.2.0? Wonder if anything offered during BF this year will be obtainable. And for sure, if the few is exactly 5.2.0, the IOSU hack can't be applied correct?
Seems to be good if you get a bundle with the physical discs. Seems like retailers are moving to mostly bundles with the pre-installed games, and most of these are seemingly 5.4.0 and up now.

Last edited by fiveighteen,

fodil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
In my case, my Wii U needs to connect to the company wifi to then connect to my phone web server. Is that right?
If it is right, I'll then have the issue of the console updating.
What are my options???

Try to make your phone as wfi hotspot in settings and disconnect it from 3g or 4g (cell data).....your phone will act as a router without internet. Then connect your wiiu to the "phone wifi" not to the company!

hope it will work for you.

xxmasal22xx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my current wii u is 5.5.0. is there any hope for me in the close future or should i trade for a 5.3.2? Or a 5.4.0? And has there been any eta on a 5.4.0 exploit for backups???

frostii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: This will work if you know the company's SSID and password. Add the TubeHax DNS to the settings in the Wii U and you'll be fine.
On the first page you talk about 3 different ways to block updates. You're confident that the Tubehax method by itself will work?

Also, assuming it does work, I can disregard the whole hosting the exploit on my phone thing and just run it through the main webpages - is that correct?

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my current wii u is 5.5.0. is there any hope for me in the close future or should i trade for a 5.3.2? Or a 5.4.0? And has there been any eta on a 5.4.0 exploit for backups???
Read the OP. There is no ETA on 5.4.0 or 5.5.0 since it is basically dependent on Nintendo patching the exploit.

On the first page you talk about 3 different ways to block updates. You're confident that the Tubehax method by itself will work?

Also, assuming it does work, I can disregard the whole hosting the exploit on my phone thing and just run it through the main webpages - is that correct?

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.
It's been confirmed by others that only using TubeHax DNS works, since TubeHax DNS is just a DNS that is set up to deny access to Nintendo's update servers (exact IP addresses are unknown, but I assume they're the same as the 6 that we are told to block with the URL filtering).

Like I said, if you have access to the company's SSID and password, you can add that as a WiFi connection on your Wii U with the TubeHax DNS settings applied. You could skip the phone stuff altogether (though that does seem pretty handy for self-hosting).

Reactions: frostii

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the post 3 above yours.

Seems to be good if you get a bundle with the physical discs. Seems like retailers are moving to mostly bundles with the pre-installed games, and most of these are seemingly 5.4.0 and up now.

That's my worry, because most of my searching only comes up with the bundles w reinstalled/DL games, or over priced units from private sellers. (None of the under 5.2 from the first page FAQ guide)

I'm pretty sure I can get a 5.3.2 model, but prob not under unless I'm willing to pay a premium.
And we don't have any idea on tracking the "plain" black or white units w no games and the FW they contain? Can we go by anything made w date on the box w 2014 as 5.2 or less?

Xplic1T

Trophies
XP
Country
Just got the Mk8 bundle last month but havent opened it yet.

Is there a way to through the UPC if its 4.0 or above ?

FW11307411 0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong